Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me with this!! Bicycle people

I want to track how many miles i ride my bike. Is their some sort of counter or something i can buy and put on my bike to do this?? thanks, i so want to buy one if their is.:lol:

hi there

yes there is

they make wired computers or wireless computers for the bikes. There is a sensor that goes on the tire and than the computer mounts on your handelbars. We bought a CatEye Strada wireless and love it. We made the mistake of buying one at Walmart that is wireless for our daughter and it does not wrk correctly

Depends on how much you want to spend, etc....but we paid around $45 for our wireless ones. Go to nashbar.com or performancebike.com

they usually have good deals or your LBS and they can put it on for you(if they are nice..:lol:

best of luck, and happy riding!!!

awesome im checking out their site as we speak.. im looking at the cateye strada cadence cycle computer. I think this is the same one you have. How long have you had it? Does it track the mile pretty accurate? Thanks oh and LBS?? what is that?

LBS+ local bike shop

No problem with it tracking and I have had mine since feb....LOVE it

Where are you stationed at??

love your profile picture of you and your family. Are you from the states???

Good luck finding a computer

okay so i rode my bike today with my boy about 30 min. definitely not fast. i bought a wide seat. i call it my fat bottom girl seat. but wholly cow im sore!! Please tell me my butt muscles will get used to this cause wow it hurts. about 2 hrs later i went out with my boy again to do a few laps and ouch ouch ouch. tender fender if ya know what i mean.

And yes im from the states im from michigan my hubby is from oklahoma. Were just stationed over here for now. 2010 we go back stateside. i luv it here but 5 years will be enough and ill be ready to go home. Also way kudos for the weight loss girl, 100lbs that freak rocks you got it sooooo goin on.

There are lots of little bike computers out there. I have one that I bought at a bike shop for about $25 that works great. I drove my car around my bike route and the odometer on the car matched the bike reading, so I think it is accurate. They are great tools for setting goals for yourself. Until you get one, you can drive your car around a mile route and then repeat that route on your bike for your mileage tracker.

You might look at a sheepskin seat cover for your bike. They are usually cushioned and may help with the comfort issue. I am up to 15 miles a day and have a good seat that doesn't give me problems, but my husband really likes his seat cover.

One added benefit of bike riding I have found is that it really helps you in getting to know your neighbors. We went to a neighborhood potluck barbecue last night, and I sat next to a man I hadn't met. He turned to me and said, "I know you--you're the bike lady!" I also stop and talk to neighbors who are out gardening or walking when I ride every day. I love it, and that's coming from someone who was extremely anti-exercise a couple of years ago.

ok......thanks BTW for the compliments....I have had many bumps in the road and still have so much more too loose...but I am so much better than where I was a year ago....

Honestly, the big seats are fie for small short rides....but I know you will think I am crazy, but the smaller the seat, the easier it will be on your butt!!!

I thought the same as you when I started out last year, but the bigger seats actually make your sit bones in a unnatural position, and it really does not help with comfort....this is my opinion only!

Keep riding though!!! The more you do, the easier it becomes.

Wow...what part of Michigan? One of the girls on the other thread is near detroit. I camped in South Haven. Nice area.