Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Felix Spiegel, Houston Tx.

Hello to everyone, I would like to hear from anyone who has used Dr. Felix Spiegel in Houston, Tx. I am doing my research before surgery. Have not set a date as of yet, want to get input about the doctor I am planning to use. Your input, good or bad, would be helpful in making my decision.:tt2:

Thanks from Texas Pork.

I had my surgery done in Houston and love the surgeon that I used. I don't know a whole lot about that doctor, but I have heard good things about him. I used Garth Davis, and had my surgery done at University General, the best experience. Good luck to you with whatever you choose and research everything.

I went to Dr. Spiegel's free orientation. He's very nice but his staff is another story. I was not happy with how the office is run there. Unprofessional and lost a lot of paperwork. I went with Dr. Robert Davis. It's been a wonderful experience so far.

I have heard good words about Dr. Spiegel, but agree with TXEG. Staff is very formal and your just a number to them. I used Dr. Duc Vuong in Texas City. He and his staff are just super. You become part of thier group with weekly meetings, diet help, and excellent care. Check them out at texascitysurgical.com

Thank you for responding, although I was hoping for more response from those who have used Dr. Spiegel :). Best of luck to eveyone in their journey to the new YOU :mellow: .

Our entire family used Spiegel. He is a good doctor but if you're looking for someone with bedside manner, he's not the one. As far as his staff, I agree with the above. Our entire family was banded by Spiegel. I have since been debanded and my daughter wants hers out as well. After 2 years of throwing up daily, I couldn't take it any more. I understand that the sleeve is the better way to go? All I know is the band isn't and didn't work for my daughter or me. My husband has done well but it's been a slow process and alot of throwing up with him too. He had the largest band put on and faired better than the rest of us. I have heard that Speevak is the better doctor but I would certainly interview more than one doctor. Good luck!

I was very impressed with Dr. Spiegel and his staff. I haven't had the surgery yet, it's scheduled for July 31st. I will post afterwards, but I have all the Faith in the world it's going to be a great experience.

Thank you for responding. Let me know how it goes. Best wishes.:)

I was very impressed with Dr. Spiegel and his staff. I haven't had the surgery yet, it's scheduled for July 31st. I will post afterwards, but I have all the Faith in the world it's going to be a great experience.

I had my surgery done by Dr. Spiegel on Feb 22nd, 2008 at the University General Hospital. It went really well and I haven't had any problems with it. The hospital is state of the art healthcare and treats you very good. I have lost close to 70 pounds so far and I have about about another 70 to go. I have had 4 fills so far. I have a bigger band then most so it will take more fills to get to the point were I need to be. Mine takes up to 11CC. I believe that Spiegel is the most experienced doctor out there and is very helpful in the process. I have not throw up or had any problems, other then mild chest pain due to eating to fast. Let me know if I can answer any of your questions.

Chad

Edited by Chad2181

Chad 2181, thanks for the info. I am glad that everything is working out for you. I will be having surgery at the Methodist Hospital in August. It is good to hear that your opinion of Dr. Spiegel is positive (especially since I am using him). Good luck with your progress and keep on keepin' on. Texas Pork :biggrin:

I just had my surgery yesterday with Dr. Spiegel and I only have positive things to say about him. He doesn't have the greatest bed side manner, but neither do a number of doctors. I never had a question he didn't answer and he's done thousands of bands which I think is a plus in his corner. His office staff was always very kind to me as well. I think they are probably overwhelmed to say the least. They are at a different office practically everyday, so I think they are just in survival mode. I had 4 or 5 other ladies who all had their surgeries yesterday too and they all had Dr. Spiegel and all said they were happy with him and University General Hospital. You get to talking as you walk the halls after recovery. Best of luck. :)