Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

OK I just found out that me and Surgery4me have the same doctor and my surgery is right after hers on Aug. 6th....How cool is that!

Another good website is calorieking.com

Hey can anyone help me put that "August All-Stars" banner on the bottom of my messages?

LOOK! I figured out how to do the glitter words!!

-Click on my August All-stars it will take you the web-site

-Complete steps 1-4

-Go to your profile and edit signature

-paste your code in the box where you signature is...then hit save signature

****You will not see the glitter until after you save it, if you hit preview signature it will tell you there's an error and it won't work....It took me about 10 - 15 minutes to figure it out.

Hi pumpkin here's the instructions I posted a little back. I hope this helps!:smile2:

Thanks cutiew/booty!

Hi!! Is anyone getting banded in August? I'm getting banded August 1st. Maybe we can share our stories & successes and be there for each other if needed. Thanks!! Good luck to all!! :)

MEMEMEMEME I am getting banded on Aug 28th at 7am. keep in touch. I will pray for you.

Hi!! Is anyone getting banded in August? I'm getting banded August 1st. Maybe we can share our stories & successes and be there for each other if needed. Thanks!! Good luck to all!! :)

My surgery date is August 15th and I am nervous. I don't know what to expect. After reading some of the postings here, I am getting discouraged.

Hey Donna, I think it is quite normal to feel a little apprehensive and even discouraged when you read certain things, especially as the day creeps closer but I think you have to try and focus on the positives.

I have been feeling a bit the same...then I take a moment to think about what I will feel like when I am thinner and healthier and how many other ways I've tried to do this previously that have failed. Then I start to feel more positive again. I think for me it is the fear of the unknown...but I am determined!

I think the really important thing is to seek support when you need it and not brave it out and don't feel stupid or embarrassed asking questions. Also if you can find a local support network of fellow banders it will give you the opportunity to speak to someone who has been/is going through what you are going through.

hi all

i started my pre op today. have just imputted what ive eated onto the daily plate website and im meant to eat 1000 cals a day. i have put in what i am goignt o have for tea as well, and will change it tommorrow if i change my mind, however, this is following what the doctor has told me to eat and it is 700 cals, not sure why. it is also only 42.6g of Protein? ive not been given an ammount of protein to be eating

would be glad if anyone can shed some ideas?

Sarah

thanx cutiew, im following the drs instruction to the letter, so not sure how i am managing to miss out on quite that much Protein.< /p>

two days a go i wasnt very hungry at all at tea time so i only had a cup a Soup and in the morning i was starving i nearly fainted, so even if im not hungry ive got to have some protein cos i do not want to wake up like that again.

hows ur pre op diet going?

I'm scheduled to be banded on August 4th. I'm going for my pre-op visit in about 30 minutes. Got insurance approval right away, with no pre-surgery diet required! Woo hoo!!

Hi Keisha, mines not going to well I need to focus on it more. My doctor said he would like me to lose 1 or 2 more pounds before surgery, so thank God for that. Were going to be on Vacation until Aug. 2nd, which makes me nervous with the whole eating thing! I have to try harder because I really want to suceed on my own as well as with the band.

Good Luck with your pre-op Misty

cutiew,

i think, personally, there is a limit to how much you can focus on the diets, otherwise you come obsessive about it. and i feel i am going that way. i have been given a food diary to write in what i eat, from the dietician. and i am writing in it as soon as i eat. im now debating whether myself whether to put the chewing gum in the diary, as this has a few calories.

my sister and father have both been anorexic and my sister was bullemic. i am the complete opposite (obviously going through this process), but could these obsessive food thoughts be genetic?

regarding your holiday, are you going to family or going away away? as if you are with family, as long as they know, then it might be a good place to keep you motivated.

you will succeed, just keep working on it.

Sarah

Pre surgery I am supposed to get in 100 g of Protein a day and post surgery 65 g for women and 80 g for men. Protein is used to grow your hair and it builds muscles not only in your arms and legs, but those important muscles around your heart as well. If we do not get enough protein, the body will cut supply from the least important in order to maintain most important. This can lead to Hair loss and other issues from not nurishing our bodies.