Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Results For Gallbladder Appt Today

:cry

My band Doc called after getting the results and I have 1 stone that has to be removed. It is 13mm big or over a inch 1/2. I could just cry I do not want another surgery. Anyway they put me down for the 26th of this month he does not want my gall bladder to get inflamed or infection to set in so that my band will be safe when he does go in. Will update as I get ready preop appt is for the 23rd hopefully they are scrambling to get me in..

Cannot say anything for the PCP office they still have not called.

But boy oh boy when they do :angry

Thank you all for your support through this ordeal of my pain. At least im not a Hypocondriac:)

Yes, you really want to get that taken care of. My gall bladder got inflamed and infected and I landed in the hospital for a 9 day stay. No fun! Take care.

Well, I am glad to hear they found the problem, and it is going to be taken care of. I know it is hard for another surgery, but better to get it taken care of before it gets worse. Keep us posted!

Hypocondriac

How funny! Weve NEVER thought of you as one. :)

My goodness Mary, youve been through the wringer! I had my gall bladder out about 12 years ago - and the pain from the stones is something you NEVER forget.

Are you going to have the laproscopic surgery?

((hugs))

Heck, your insurance may "cut you a deal" since your giving them so much business! lol

I wish the Hospital would cut me a deal to Paula.

It is going to be done Lap same way as the band, Same Dr who put my Band in to be exact. I know I am in good hands with him since he is just as worried about me keeping my band.

Thank you all I just feel it is all unreal but I just never planned on this I knew there was a chance but just did not think it would happen to me:)

But Like you say Paula that pain you just never forget and thinking about that is the only thing that drives me for them to get it done, do not want that pain again. So far Thank God I have not had another attack.

Told my husband and the first thing he says is "Are we going to you know what before you go have it done" I hung up on him. Men I tell you.

Told my husband and the first thing he says is "Are we going to you know what before you go have it done" I hung up on him. Men I tell you.

LMBO... OMG!!! Too Funny!!!!!! Thats ALL they ever think about!

I'm so sorry Mary, but I'm sitting here laughing my hiney off right now. That is hilarious that your husband would say that!

On a sober note......I am happy that you're getting this taken care of right away. I too had my gall bladder removed back when I was 19 (11 years ago) and was sick with it for a year. It was horrible HORRIBLE pain, and I was so happy to get it taken care of.

Best of luck to you, and tell your husband to start thinking with the right head. LOL

OMG you girls have that right. You know he always tries to brighten the mood but that was truly out of right field. He did call back to say he did not really mean it but I know he did.

Another day and I am pain free for right now.. Blessed I tell you

I am so glad you got answers, even though I'm sure it is not the answer you wanted to hear, you now know why you were having the pain. I wish you the best :)

Sorry you have to go through another surgery but it is best that it is taken care of. You will feel better with out that yucky stone.

My Dr found a gallstone when I was going in for preop testing to get my band. I had to have my gallbladder removed and then wait 1 month to get my band.It is just like your band surgery and they even used some of the same incisions!!! You will do great!!!

Hey, it's always better to know what's wrong so you can get it taken care of! Best wishes for (another) quick procedure and (another) rapid recovery. And here's to lots more pain-free days!! :):D

I had my gallbladder removed exactly 6 weeks after my second banding surgery. :) Talk about a volume discount!! I had THREE surgeries in 15 months!!

Holy cow!!! I just found out last night that I have to have my gallbladder removed too!!! Been having lots of pain ...... but the diagnosis was "sludge and sludgeballs"....yikes....!!! I aksed if it's like when cats get fur balls.....if I cough really hard will it come up???

LOL....waiting for a date....need a fill too ...badly....so life is on hold at the moment!

Where was your pain and when did it hurt most?

Good luck!! I may be having it that same week!

Nancy