Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I have a few weeks until real food but what is the percentages for the diet

I know right now I have to eat a minimum of 50 grams of Protein and on mushies I am getting about 70 but:

what is the recommendations for fats and carbs? I haven't been told calories needed yet either but from other who go where I do it sounds like 1000 to 1200 cals. I am not doing that on mushies, I get close to 1000

Any help would be good or should I just wait until I see my nut?

I know I have a few weeks until real food but what is the percentages for the diet

I know right now I have to eat a minimum of 50 grams of Protein and on mushies I am getting about 70 but:

what is the recommendations for fats and carbs? I haven't been told calories needed yet either but from other who go where I do it sounds like 1000 to 1200 cals. I am not doing that on mushies, I get close to 1000

Any help would be good or should I just wait until I see my nut?

My doc says, for when I "DO" eat solids, I can go on something like South Beach. Its healthy, and you benefit from good carbs rather bad, while watching your fat, sugar, and calorie intake. However, I cant say much, cause, Im 3 weeks out and are already breaking rules by eating.

Trainers say,

40% Protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat

Healthy fats and carbs are VERY important and stay away from fatty Protein. Eat fish and chicken mostly if you can. Fried foods are not good for you so if you can stay away from that you are good to go. Drink at least a half a gallon of Water a day.

They say because of the amount we should be eating a person can barely take in 900 calories. For the need to maintain it should be 1200 calories. I have been maintaining my loss for almost 2 years now and I am very lucky to get in 1200 calories. I don't count calories and never have. I just eat healthy, drink plenty of Water and exercise. I am loving life and you will too. Just listen to what your doctor tells you or your nutritionist. I never had one of those either but I knew what was healthy and what wasn't.

You can do it don't worry. Everyone just needs to change their old bad habits and start anew.

Good Luck

Josephine

Edited by josephine