Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for feedback on fills. I realize that we are all very different but I am curious to know how much of a fill your doc is giving you. I go to my doc monthly and I receive 1/2 cc each time. I'm finally at 3cc and am 7 months out. I need more but the doc is not willing to budge. Thanks!:frown:

Has anyone gotten the MRSA infection from the hospital while having their WLS? If so, what was your outcome. Thanks!

My Dr has me come back every 2 weeks. 1st fill was 1.5cc, 2nd fill was 1cc, a week from Thurs I go back again & this time he will prolly only do a 1/2 cc. I had to talk him into 1cc for the 2nd fill he only wanted to do 1/2 then. He will let me continue to come back every 2 weeks unless I am steadily losing 2-3 lbs a week then he wont do anymore till I quit losing again. I would hate to only go monthly for 1/2 cc.

Well My band came with 3cc's in it and when i went to him he put 2cc's in and i go back July24th for another fill..

My 1st fill was thursday and my doc gave me 4cc's and I go back 7/3. I guess its really up to there discretion, I would hate having to go for .5cc's at a time I mean I only got filled on thursday but I kinda feel like I know I need more already.

Wow! and I've been complaining about only getting a 1cc fill. Why does your dr only give a 1/2cc......that's gotta be frustrating!

I was banded 04/08/08 with a 4 cc band. Got a 1.4cc fill on 05/24/08 and .8 cc's on 06/11/08. With a total of 2.2's now, I am pretty tight.

I heard it was common to give .5 cc's per fill with out floroscopy, so they don't overfill you.

That must be very frustrating, I probably would have found another fill doctor by now.

Edited by lynzz

I'm also 7-8 months out and I have 8.5cc in my band. I don't understand why your dr won't give you more, otherwise how are you meant to get restriction?? I would be asking your dr why he is not giving you what most people have by now.

My dr started off by giving me 2cc, then 3cc, then 1cc, then .5cc for the rest since then. He said the reason they give smaller amounts after about 5-6cc is that they need to slowly track your restriction in case they over fill you. He said if they give you 2 or 3 cc to bring you to 8cc and you are too tight, they won't know how much to take out to bring you to your sweet spot. .5cc means you could be .2cc too much and that's easy to fix.

I hope you're not paying for each fill. My fills are part of the full cost for the first 12 months. Good luck with your next visit.

My doc has put in 3cc at each of my three fills. I have a 14cc band. I am almost to my sweet spot. One more fill should do it. I would be going crazy with only .5, but not sure what size band you have.

I got my 2nd fill about a week ago. I asked a few more questions this time as I was really confused on why everyone was getting their fills sooner then me. She has me go back every 6 weeks. And she said cause she dont want me in the red zone. I also asked her about the band I have and she told me this time how much she put in and what I had. I had 1.6 fill the first time this time I had 2.4. Not much of a difference. I do feel slight restriction when I eat. But still not tight enough ..I guess all Drs are different in what they think is right.

Thanks so much for this discussion. I had my first fill 1 1/2 weeks ago and I got 3cc. I feel like I've got a little restriction, but not close to enough. Plus I haven't really lost any weight at all (maybe 1/2 lbs.). I'm going to go back next week and see if I can get bumped up to 4 or 5 cc. I still feel like I've got a long way to go before I 'm at that "sweet spot" I keep hearing about.

She is ultra-conservative. It's frustrating because I've only just begun to feel any sort of restriction. She said that I have the band that will hold up to 4 cc's. I'm at 3cc. I feel pretty confident that with the band completely full, I will be where I need to be. I am just discouraged that I will have to wait another 2-3 months to get an adequate restriction. At my last appointment, she said that she is usually doing 1/4cc per visit. I have an appointment next week and if I can't talk her out of 1/4, sadly I'm going to have to look for a new doc. She's happy as can be with my weight loss. I'm down 40 of 79 pounds that I need to lose. HOWEVER, I lost 18 pounds on my own prior to surgery that they take credit for and I wasn't able to drink/eat for two weeks after being banded which resulted in another 10 pound loss. The way I see it, I've lost 12 pounds by being banded. So frustrating!!! Thanks again for the posts. The information has been super helpful.

I didn't realise you had a 4cc band, I thought it was a 10cc band like mine. 3cc in a 4cc band has to be pretty good restriction then. I can see why she is doing it slowly. I hope you find your sweet spot soon.

First fill was 2 months out = 3 cc

2nd fill was 5 months out = 1 cc

3rd fill was 7 months out = 1 cc

Doc filled my band during surgery to test for leaks and pulled it all back out except for about .5 cc. So all said and done I have about 5.5 in 10 cc band. He is not aggressive with his fills so I have never PBd, but I have adequate restriction. I wish it was a tad more, as I'm leveling off and feel like I need a bit more.

I was banded on May 15th with the Realize band, which is empty until the first fill. It holds 9 cc's.

I had my first fill last week (4 weeks after surgery), 3 cc's.

Second fill is scheduled for 2 weeks after the first one.

Third fill is scheduled for 2 weeks after the second one.

I have no idea how much they'll inject next week at my next fill. I have some restriction -- I feel full after an average sized meal -- still more than I should be able to eat, but I know I'm getting there!