Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Practicing for the Band

I have been practicing eating smaller bites and chew chew chewing. I have been practicing sipping instead of gulping and practicing eating my Protein first. I have been practicing everything we are supposed to do post-op.

Is there anyone else working on this as well?

I have found I do feel fuller on less food doing it this way. Must be that brain signal.

Hi, My Name Is Memom And I'm Doing All The Fun Stuff You Are.just Waiting For My Call,but Wanted To Be One Step Ahead Of The Game. Good Luck.. Memom

Good idea ladies because let me tell you if you don't chew well even if you don't have restriction yet like me it is painful!!!! Twice I was so starving I took big bites and didn't chew well and it felt like I swallowed a golf ball, not a pretty feeling!:)

I know I have noticed that if I am not paying attention that I tend to not chew well enough. It really takes effort to concentrate on chewing and I can understand now why some say that they "underchew" while their mind is on something else.

I have been trying to make a concerted effort to have whatever is in my mouth into completely ground to almost liquid form before I swallow. It really takes thought, especially when you are hungry to start.

Sometimes I remember to do it othertimes I don't - I know I'm definetly going to have to concentrate once I do get the band but funnily enough the only time I ever really concentrate and make sure I chew chew chew is when I eat chicken schnitzel, dunno why, as for the whole sipping Water I have no idea how I'm gonna go with that, I usually take big gulps sometimes but only if I've just done something exhausting, I personally don't see why you have to sip, I mean after surgery for the first maybe 2 weeks yeah I definetly see why but afterwards I would have thought you could go back to the usual? Oh and I did try the chew chew chew with hotcakes that we have - works pretty good but I can't survive on just hot cakes and chicken schnitzel afterwards right? =( lol

I haven't even gone in for the my evaluation appointment yet, but I'm not bringing diet Cokes into the house anymore and have been drinking lots of flavored waters. I've tried chewing things down to nothing, and it seems very odd. I know that'll be something I really have to concentrate on.

Hi Teri! Yes, I too have been practicing. I'm trying out a few Protein shakes/drinks to see which ones I like and want to start stocking up for pre and post surgery liquid stage. I'm thinking about ordering the samples on the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury site. Chewing forever is hard for me to get. I know I have to get better at that. It's hard. Someone at support group said not to wait too long to eat when your hungry, as you tend to eat faster because your starving. And some tips I read here were to put your fork down in between bites. I even read to use small children's silverware so you can't fit much food on it. I haven't tried these tips yet, but I'll probably try them out.

Good luck to us all during these pre-band months.smile.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches