Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2.5 months since pre-op diet with 65lbs gone!

I'm still amazed at how much the band has changed me. Since surgery, I feel "normalized", for lack of a better word, throughout the day. My feelings were very volitale in that I felt good in the mornings, tiring throughout the day, better in the afternoons, and crashing around 8 or so at night. I get better sleep in less amount of time and I feel just as strong at 9pm as a I do at 9am.

I had about 130lbs to lose when i started the pre-op diet and the first 65 came off in 2.5 months...I'm really looking forward to the rest being gone ASAP!

Good Luck to everyone and it can definitely be worth the journey if you do your part...the band will succeed if you hold up your end of the bargain!

wow congrats on such a great weightloss. I hope you continue to lose the weight. good luck, thanks for the inspiring post.

I'm still amazed at how much the band has changed me. Since surgery, I feel "normalized", for lack of a better word, throughout the day. My feelings were very volitale in that I felt good in the mornings, tiring throughout the day, better in the afternoons, and crashing around 8 or so at night. I get better sleep in less amount of time and I feel just as strong at 9pm as a I do at 9am.

I had about 130lbs to lose when i started the pre-op diet and the first 65 came off in 2.5 months...I'm really looking forward to the rest being gone ASAP!

Good Luck to everyone and it can definitely be worth the journey if you do your part...the band will succeed if you hold up your end of the bargain!

Congrats!!!!!!

I have lost abot 8 lbs in a week on my pre-op liquid diet. I have 6 days to go.

Keep up the excellent work!!:tongue2:

Eat2Live...I can't tell you how much hearing this from you means to me. Although I haven't stopped the process I have questioned what I was doing. It's been 14+ years of believing I could do this on my own and haven't yet.

I am so excited to get the surgery and change my life. I just said to my husband last night - it's probably going to feel weird to be so much lighter on my feet!

Thanks again...can't wait to hear of your continued success.

BTW...what is your diet like? (what/portions)....if you dont mind me asking.

Eat2Live...I can't tell you how much hearing this from you means to me. Although I haven't stopped the process I have questioned what I was doing. It's been 14+ years of believing I could do this on my own and haven't yet.

I am so excited to get the surgery and change my life. I just said to my husband last night - it's probably going to feel weird to be so much lighter on my feet!

Thanks again...can't wait to hear of your continued success.

BTW...what is your diet like? (what/portions)....if you dont mind me asking.

Here is what I eat everyday.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Breakfast:<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://assets.sparkpeople.com/myspark/spacer.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1OwnerLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>Slim Fast Low Carb Creamy chocolate, 1 serving190 calories

Lunch:<v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:href="http://assets.sparkpeople.com/myspark/spacer.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1OwnerLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>GNC Protein Drink, 1 serving140 calories (I blend it in my Magic Bullet with 4 ice cubes, 1 heaping scoop of Protein powder, 1 tsp instant Decaf coffe & 4 oz of Water. It tastes just like a frapucino!!!)

Jello - Jolly Rancher sugar free Gel Snacks, 1 serving10 calories

Dinner:GNC Protein Drink, 1 serving140 calories (blended same as above)

V8, 5.5 oz30 calories<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

8 glasses of Water daily. I have 16 oz glasses, so I do 2 before lunch & 2 after lunch if not more. Some days I have a cup or two of clear Egg Drop Soup or chicken broth or broth strained from Veggie Beef Soup. They only add 50 calories max.

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://assets.sparkpeople.com/myspark/spacer.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1OwnerLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shape id=_x0000_i1028 style="WIDTH: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://assets.sparkpeople.com/myspark/spacer.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1OwnerLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>CALORIE Total: 510<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I made up my mind that I needed help following my 10 year class reunion and my dad having stents(sp) put in the arteries around his heart. I feel so much better everyday and "stable" is another word that comes to mind. I hit a point about two weeks ago where I realized I was no longer climbing the "weight-loss" mountain...I just feel like I've conquered it.

My diet Mon-Fri gives me between 900 and 1200 calories a day and appr. 100g of protein:

Breakfast I have 1/2 cup of steel cut oats with a tsp of vallina and 8oz of reduced cal and sugar oj...280cal.

I eat 12-14 Reduced fat Triscuits throughout a day...240 cals.

3oz of albacore tuna or chicken breast (smallest can) and 8.5oz can of peas/green beans/baby lima Beans for lunch...120-200cal with 20-30 grams of Protein.

Cardio workout after work I have a Myoplex lite packet (choc., van., or strawberry), 1 scoop of whey Protein (choc.), 1 tbls of phyllium seed husk (excellent natural fiber) blending with 12oz of skim milk...380cal with 60g of protein

Cardio plus strength training days I switch the Myoplex lite with Myoplex orginal and it gives the shake 440cal and 80g of protein.

I do cardio 5 days a week and strentgh train every other day.

On the weekend I change it up and stay under 1300 calories and little hicups (like BBQ but keep it reasonable) once every ten days keep your body guessing.

Ex: Two weeks ago, I did my Mon-Fri regimen exactly and lost 3lbs. I went to an out of town wedding for the weekend with no work-out and BBQ twice and lost 5lbs...wierd.

But I haven't drank alcohol or had white carbs since the surgery and that is key for me!

Good Luck!

Edited by Eat2Live