Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question and a Good Laugh

I received my insurance approval letter yesterday! As you can imagine I was excited. I was also surprised by how excited my husband was. Of course I was thrilled about his feelings, but I had to ask him why.

He said that he is so excited because this year, he can shop at Victoria Secret for my Christmas presents! (I think he means his presents!)

So of course, now I am trying to figure out if I actually will fit in their stuff by Christmas.

I know everyone loses differently, but I am just trying to guage if I will be in their sizes by the holidays.

Scheduled band - 8/1/08

BMI 41

Hope to lose 110-115 lbs

Size 18/20 (sometimes 22)

I think the largest size is a 14/xl, which would mean I need to lose about 40/50 lbs. Do you think it is reasonable, or should I advise him to wait a year?

Thanks!

Gilta

completely feasible! nice to see your hubby is as excited as you, good luck w/your surgery!!

Gilta,

I mean no disrespect but what your hubby is doing is putting undue pressure on you. I don't think you should have anything but personal goals as far as weight loss is concerned. I would suggest you tell hubby he plan on buying you Christmas presents in places other than VS and when you reach size 14 you will let him know and he can buy you something from VS.

:thumbup: Wonder if my hubby will be thinking the same thing? I know this time next year it's going to be a shopping spree! That income tax check is mine!

Christine - no worries! He is just a fun loving guy who has one thing on his mind, if you know what I mean. He would never, ever pressure me. If I told him to stop, he would in a heart beat. He is one of the most supportive people I have ever had the honor to meet.

He is also starting to work out with me on a regular basis. Maybe I should say, when I fit VS and HE fits VS, then he can buy!

I think that is awesome. If you can't wear it by christmas you will have something to aim for. I had a closet full of clothes before my surgery and i have made it to the point I need to purchase. My husband bought me a dress for or ten year anniversary trip to hawaii i was so down because i could not fit in it but by the time it was time for the trip i could wear it comfortably. Just hang in the front of you closet for a daily reminder. GOOD LUCK

beth

It seems perfectly feasable to me! The support and the confidence he is showing in you is great!!! As has been pointed out----if it is still a bit snug---who will care! You will both be seeing changes happening in a hurry, and celebrating each of them along the way. Him believing in your doing this is the important thing.....IMHO.

Good Luck on your upcoming surgery!!!

Kat

I am the same size as you and I have some old VS things that still fit me. they are the looser ones but they still fit...I am small chested though. By all of this I mean yeah I think you prolly could fit into VS stuff at Christmas....I just remembered an awesome thing at VS that was on clearance and I think I might buy it even though it won't fit me now. Surprise DH with it when it does fit. :thumbup:

Good luck!

My doctor told me that if I work with the band and stay on plan, it is completely feasible and realistic for me to lose 100 lbs. in a year, so 50 lbs. in 6 months seems equally feasible. I don't have anyone wanting to buy me lingerie from VS (right now I can't even IMAGINE wearing that stuff but I'm looking forward to the day when it is something I'd feel comfortable wearing) but I have already thought about our next office Christmas party, which is very fancy and high end..... it was hard to find an appropriate outfit this past Christmas, I think I'll have much more fun shopping for a new dress for the party this Christmas!

Thanks for the support! I like the idea that even if it is snug - so what!

VS is having a big sale so I just bought a bunch of stuff...even though it doesn't fit right now. DH was excited!

I am looking forward to shopping at VS. My husband is also very supportive and he is also very excited about what the future holds. I have already started thinking about what I am going to reward myself with. I am getting my surgery on July 2nd and our group is calling us the July Butterflies - I have started looking at butterfly tattoos - to be put on my shoulder :biggrin: once I have lost maybe half of my weight, hopefully around Christmas? :)

Guest Leslie2Lose

I have a personal vendetta against VS, but if you like 'em - you go!

Anyway - I started back in April at BMI 42, 18/20 clothes and sometimes 22. I went shopping this weekend and am down to 14/16. That's in two months (including pre-op surgery) and 34 pounds. I definately think it is achievable by Christmas.

Everyone loses weight differently. You may be even smaller than that by then. Have fun shopping!

I will have to check out VS to see what is on sale.

Why do you have a vendetta out for VS? I personally refuse to shop at Burlington Coat Factory. They were extremely rude about a return and I tried shopping there 2 other times with similar problems. I have since "fired" them and will no longer shop there.

Gilta

only 45 more days until surgery!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I will have to check out VS to see what is on sale.

Why do you have a vendetta out for VS? I personally refuse to shop at Burlington Coat Factory. They were extremely rude about a return and I tried shopping there 2 other times with similar problems. I have since "fired" them and will no longer shop there.

Gilta

only 45 more days until surgery!

I went in there to buy lotion for my SIL. A snooty sales person walked up to me and told me that they didn't carry anything in my size, I should try Lane Bryant. I told her I didn't know that lotions came in a size and walked away. I'd been in there before that incident and was all but ignored. They just ticked me off.

Edited by Leslie2Lose
grammer (poor)