Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am suppose to have surgery on the 13th, and me and some friends went on vacation this weekend and i bombed my pre op diet.....what should i do?

exercise and do what you're supposed to now and hope your surgery doesn't get postponed.

Wish you lots of luck.

Just put that behind you because there is nothing you can do about what has already happened. Be very disciplined for the next few days until your surgery. Exercise too.

I did the same thing before my surgery. I had a party with some co-workers/friends and I totally pigged out!

But, I got right back on my diet for the next meal and followed it until surgery. If you have been doing well on your diet up to that point, you should be ok. I had no problems. My surgery went great despite my slip up.

Like the others said, get back on track right away and do some exercise until surgery and you'll likely be just fine.

I know exactly where you are coming from. My surgery is for the 13th as well. My husband just had his surgery on the 6th and is complaining like a baby, but he's always like that. But don't be discouraged. :wink_smile: I did the same thing, the day before his surgery on 6/5/08 he had his pre-op appointment with Dr. Felts and wanted me there so I went with him, and since I was there Dr. Felts wanted me to weigh in to see how I was doing on the diet and I had actually agained weight. Went from 245 to 249, I was drinking too much Water and still eating as usual and wasn't taking it seriously. Dr. Felts told me that I needed to lose 8 lbs before my surgery or he wasn't going to do it. I was like "Man, that's foul, and I'm paying for the surgery myself $15k for each of us". Then I realized that it wasn't just to see if I had the will power, but what doctor wants to say that he lost a patient. That's bad for business! :biggrin:

Needless to say I starting taking the diet seriously, drinking my shakes 3 times per day and then having small meals and working out. Just walking at first on the treadmill then on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes more. My butt has never been more sore, but I can say that since this past Thursday that I have lost 7lbs. I am down to 242 and happier than I have ever been. Since my husband is on the liquid phase right now, I have been snacking on the Jello chocolate puddings and apple sauce, the three shakes per day, usually at 8am, 12pm and 4pm. and then when I get home after work, I have been eating chicken breasts, salmon (or other fish) grilled pork chop, or a small steak and broccoli, green Beans, cabbage and asparagus :thumbdown:. I've been chewing alot of gum to take the edge off of eating and that is helping as well. I know that it's less than the 1200 calories recommended, but it's helping to speed up my metabolism and I feel alot more energetic. I just work out when I get home from work and it's also helping with the stress. The kids (4 and 6) watch tv and cheer Mommy on and I get my sweat on.

Just don't give up, just make a "normal" plate for yourself, then get a saucer and cut that first plate in half and eat off the saucer. The other half will be your lunch for the next day. If you are craving sweets especially ice cream, because it's hott as hell in Texas, (I'm in DFW area) buy the skinny cow popsicles, only 50-80 calories each and call it a day. Just make sure you exercise, just walking at a brisk pace will do it, in this Texas heat! :ohmy:You still have 4 more days to pull this thing off. I know I am working on it. Just be sure to cut out the salt, which will make you retain Water and that is the last thing that you want:thumbup:

I know you can do it, email me on the 13th or 14th and let me know how your surgery went, so can swap stories. Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you.