Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems sitting on couch/ in chairs

Does anybody have problems sitting? I feel fine if I am laying down on the couch or in bed.. but.. when i sit on the couch for more than 30 mins or in the chair with ottoman, my stomach KILLS ME.

it really hurts.. i have to keep standing up or just give up and lay down.. my left side hurts so bad and i just cant seem to be comfortable just sitting. sitting and leaning on the arm of the couch or putting tons of pillows behind me helps ZERO. it is killing me now trying to sit on the couch and type on my laptop.... and it seems to be getting worse.

it is very painful.

what is this?

It might be gas? Try some gas-x or phazyme. In the beginning after surgery I took it daily to prevent gas pains. Also try doing stretches, like raising one arm to the ceiling then the other, carefully extending your mid section with each stretch. These seemed to move the gas around for me and got things comfortable. And of course walking helps too.

T

Sounds like gas to me too. I'm almost 5 months post band and every now and again, I'll get a sharp pain in my left lower stomach. Then after a bit it's gone. I especially had sharp pains on the left side 2-3 weeks after surgery, more so than immediately following surgery. After surgery, my pain was in my left shoulder, ouch.

Big T, just saw your post and I have a question for you. I'm newly banded and also have the inamed VG band. Is this the one you have? (The Vanguard band is not really called the VG band, so i may be confuused). If you really have the VG which holds 10 cc, my experienced doc told me, and I confirmed with Inamed, tyhat this band needs a first fill of 3.5 cc to simply fill the empty tubing, then a bit more for a real FILL. My doc says that he always gives 4.0-4.5 cc for a total first fill. Is this anytghing close to what you were told? I ve found a lot of docs that don't know a thing about this band, but use it anyway. There is good info on this VG band on Bandsters mssg # 83872. thanks! Renee

Sounds like gas to me too. Iam a year post op and I find that if I sit for a period of time I get horrible gas pains. I just had it happen the other night sitting for 2 hours keeping score at my son's baseball game. I had to get up and walk around in between innings. I was dying. I keep Gas X with me all time in my purse, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt. Walking helps!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches