Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never sick before the band???

Ok....

This has probably been ranted about before but I've just been reading thru the boards and can't stand it anymore !!!!! :thumbup:

I get so frigging tired of everyone blaming every single ailment on their band !!! I have a headache/stomach ache/earache/chest cold/cough !!! I'm nauseaus/bloated/gassy/crampy/cranky !!! My chest/arm/leg/ankle/back hurts !!! And it's ALL because of my band !!!! Should I call my surgeon !!!!???!!!

C'mon people !!!!! Were you never sick before the band??? You never had gas before?? You never felt sick to your stomach?? Geezz!!!!:thumbup:

Patricia

11/16/06

Stupid band! If it weren't for it, I would have never gotten this paper cut on my pinky this morning.

Stupid band! If it weren't for it, I would have never gotten this paper cut on my pinky this morning.

Ouch it looks serious....I think you should sue the surgeon.:confused:

O.K. all kidding aside, my eyelashes hurt. It must be the damn band. My eyelashes have NEVER hurt before. I'm calling my surgeon to schedule removal.

Guest Leslie2Lose

OMG I have a really horrible disorder. I am losing weight and can't figure out why! Is something wrong with me? Could it be my band? What did I have that surgery for anyway....hmmm....let me see...

WTG Patricia!

OMG, my BMI has dropped to 30. I'm too skinny. I look like a skeleton!. My bum is huge but OMG, you can see a collarbone! Nooooo, that means I'm anorexic!

Seriously though, espeically with a Protein first diet,people's nutritions suffers a bit after banding and their immune function with it. You do need your 2 fruit and five veg a day and a varied diet, and its pretty stupid to fill your stomach up with starbucks coffees or even Protein Shakes every morning rather than say, fruit and wholegrains and then wonder why you keep getting colds. Bandsters really have to eat carefully to get good all round nutrition, there's more to that than just Protein. And even the most careful eaters probably dont manage it that well.

Edited by Jachut

I agree with Jachut 100% on this. We still need our fruits and vegetables in order to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet. If you are eating a well-balanced diet, then you will naturally get in the Protein your body needs, as well as everything else.

LOL I would tend to think that the exact oposite would be true. Most of us didn't/don't eat a healthy balanced diet before looking into the band. So there are holes in our nutrition that would be filled by following good band eating rules. Therefore getting sick Less?

But again anone who is still obese knows how it is for everything wrong with us to be blamed on our weight even when it may not.

Bleh I think I broke my toe 2 days ago.(Stubed it bad enough the whole things dark purple, and hurts a bit)

Must be cause I want to be banded!! That's it. It's a conspiracy I tell you!!! It has to be!! :thumbup::tongue2::thumbup:

One of my hamsters bit my finger today.

Is it because I am going through the process to get banded!!??

I think so cause animals like hamsters never bite, they don't have big sharp teeth.

hahaha omg some people are annoying