Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band tighter after three weeks?

My band feels tighter for some reason and has the past three days. It is the weirdist thing! I did travel or Oregon and just got home last night, but this is too weird. I can eat, but very slow and not much.

Anyone else experience this?

Yep. I had a fill several weeks ago and this past week and weekend there were days I wondered if I needed an unfill. It is quite common for the fill to 'kick in' several weeks down the road. Also, try to pay attention to whether you are getting in ALL your Water. It seems like I have been getting more water in this past couple of days and things have loosened up some. There is speculation that dehydration can make the band feel tighter, amongst several other theories.

Big thing is : are you able to get in your liquids? If you can't drink enough to stay sufficiently hydrated, get thee to a dr. Good luck!

I have NOT been getting my Water in at all. I can drink fine and eat ok. I will pump up my water intake. Thanks.

Initially, post surgery I was exactly like that, no fill noticed until about week 3, then out of the blue there it was. I have been fortunate not to need a fill since surgery, and there are times I feel like I'm too tight, times when it's perfect, and times when it's not tight at all. I'm learning when I can expect extra tightness, but not always, sometimes it's a surprise when I can't get more than a bite or 2 down. I'm finding that bands are fickle things.

Guest j. lynn

Your band can get tighter because of stress. I had this happen when I had to go to St. Louis for a few days. The trip wasn't stressful, but I never felt that I had enough time to eat.

Many people notice that their bands get tighter during their period -- well, right before it and when it first starts. My theory, you ask? Alot of women retain Water before their period (thus the weight gain)...I think that affects the band too. Causes things ALL OVER to swell.

If you had a PB, you should back off a little bit. If a PB was bad enough, your stomach might have been irritated because of the PB making you even tighter than you were before. This is very common -- alot of surgeons recommend going back to liquids for 12-24 hours after a PB because of this.

The restriction may have kicked in. Alot of people swear that they don't feel their fill until 2-3 weeks after it. I haven't ever experienced this and I personally can't figure out the "science" behind it, but so many people have said it, that I just got to believe it to be true.

I'm another one who definitely experiences a delayed reaction after fills. It can take 2-4 weeks for my fills to become evident. My theory is that the stomach tissue thins out in the face of added pressure (tighter band + thinner stomach wall = no added restriction) as a sort of reflex action to even things out. Over time the stomach wall returns to normal (tighter band + normal stomach wall = added restriction). And voila! My fill "appears" weeks after the fact.

Its been 4 weeks and still nothing felt on my restriction.

I am at 1.1 cc

I cant wait to get filled some more and see what happens!

well, i just got a fill today from 1.5 cc to 2.0 cc and i dont feel the restriction that i want to feel im gonna see what happens within a few weeks i hope to see a differeance and i will keep this post updated, to give you an idea of what i ate for dinner just to see how much of a restriction: 1lb of strawberries (about 13 pieces size of a 1/2 dollar) and one banana and felt like as if i didnt have a fill. Normally i wouldnt eat as much as i did but i just wanted to check my limit with the additional fill. I felt really full after this meal from paridise ;)

Hey, I see your fill doctor is eubanks.

I am angry with their office right now.

I called and asked about fills, they said 250$ for first consult, 150$ for fills, and 100$ for Flouro.

I bugged them I asked so many questions, I even asked if there were any hidden fee's and all that.

Later I finbd out that there is also a 89$ office fee every time.

THEN.............

I find out I MUST go to a nutritional couseling appointment for one hour.

I just got a 400$ bill for this.

Then I find out I have to see the Psychologist.... and ITS also NOT covered by my insurence. (100-200$ I assume)

Soooooooooo much for the 150$ fills and 100$ flouro from now on and the fill appointments being once a month.

I was surpose to get a fill MAY 18th,(today) they were giving me the run around for three weeks and I JUST found out it wasnt goona happen.

I also hear they give fills for like .5

I sure and the heck aint doing all this for a measly .5 more!

I KNOW ny capacity for eating is WAY BIG and .5 just aint gonna make enough of a diff!

I am on SSI.. I havnt the money..to keep going back there like that.

Its getting ridiculous.. They should of mentioned all this when I was asking all the questions.

I should have went to Mexico to my original surgeon for my first fill (it cost 500$, the same as it would of cost me to go to mexico)

NOW, I have to go to Mexico anyway because I have a feeling Eubanks is gonna to continue to mess me around.

I do understand where Eubanks and the fill people are coming from and why they have to be carefull, but I have done everything they asked and been 100% honest..

Its obvious I need a fill and if they listened and beleived what I have reported to them they wouldnt deny me a fill!