Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the Scoop on Eggs???

A real help for scrambled eggs is to salt them before you cook them. It allows the Proteins to soften up instead of tighten up while being cooked.

I do okay with fried (in cooking spray) eggs that don't get any brown on them....

Which is better for you for protein: regular eggs, Egg Beaters or Egg Whites?

Egg beater and egg whites are essentially the same thing. Beaters has added food coloring and some other stuff.

I used to eat both of them or two whites and one whole egg back before banding.

But I was also trying to get in toast, fat free meat (canadian bacon), fat free cheese, maybe a bit of potato too... I was only eating them for fewer calories.

Now I just cook two eggs. The whole thing as God intended, and eat them with nothing else or maybe a half a piece of bread.< /p>

Thank you so much to everyone who responded. I called my doc's office and told the nutritionist I was having trouble with lots of gas from the milk/yogurt I was eating and asked if there was an alternative for Protein right now. She said EGGS! So last night and tonight I had an omelet for dinner and right now, pre-fill, they went down like BUTTAH! So so good! Tomorrow it's egg salad here I come!

I raise my egg to all of you!

I'm in a mixed boat with eggs too and each fill it gets worse and worse. I agree they have to be slightly undercooked and very soft - so for me, sunny-side up works best with a couple extra whites. I can't eat scrambled no matter what - I immediately PB. I can eat hard boiled eggs in a salad and after my recent fill the salad has been causing difficulty. I could never eat them as egg salad, just like tuna or other salads - just too dry to go down without water! Heck, just about anything is still too dry for me to go down without Water. You'd think after 6+ mos. of this, I'd get the hang of it - but I have yet to adapt, I guess I was a big water drinker with my meals...M

I didn't start having problems with scrambled eggs until after my second fill and then they would get stuck and cause me to slime. So, I stay away from them. But, I can do deviled eggs just fine. I actually talked with my doctor about this two days ago and he said that about 50% of people have issues with scrambled eggs. A lot of people have problems with rice, but I never have.. thank goodness for that, becuase I love SUSHI!

I didn't start having problems with scrambled eggs until after my second fill and then they would get stuck and cause me to slime. So, I stay away from them. But, I can do deviled eggs just fine. I actually talked with my doctor about this two days ago and he said that about 50% of people have issues with scrambled eggs. A lot of people have problems with rice, but I never have.. thank goodness for that, becuase I love SUSHI!

crystal, your post made me laugh :wink_smile: i am actually hoping to have a problem with eggs so my odds are better with rice - i love sushi too! :biggrin:

Thanks, everyone! Another Q? Anyone know what the best way to try them is? I was thinking of making like an egg salad with almost no chunks. almost like a paste. I am sooooo hungry. Thanks!!!

I was banded in May of 07. Started being able to eat any kind of eggs. Now I can not eat them if they are fried or scrambled, however I can eat them boiled and i mash them up and make like an egg salad and eat with ritz crackers and I am good to go.

Everyone is different it seems.

I have had a problem with scrambled eggs and omelets since my first fill. It made me vomit and took a while till I felt better so thats a no no. egg salad is a different story. if I mix it with tuna salad it's fine, but on its own I sometimes have problems with it. Some days it goes right down and other days it gets stuck so I think twice before I touch it.

Today I had a poached egg and 2 poached egg whites (no yolk in the second 2, just protein); both types were fine for me. I have also purchased some Egg Beaters to make a frittata tomorrow. Hopefully that goes as well.

I love microwaved scrambled eggs. Just mix in a little skim milk and nuke them for 2 minutes, season, stir, then maybe a little longer depending on how moist you want them. I have had one fill and still no problem with eggs - hope it stays that way!