Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Words from a sugar crazed fool!

Don't you hate that moment when you are about to sabotage yourself.. or, you do...

You stop losing weight and you think "maybe this is all I'm going to lose.. this is it".. so you go to the store and you buy Pop Tarts and Cookies. You eat one cookie and feel completely guilty and bring them to work to sit by the coffee so that others can get addicted to the pioson called sugar... but not before eating the luscious raspberry poptarts the night before.. AT BEDTIME no doubt... at first only eating one single tart and then justify eating the other as you dont' want it to get stale in the shiny tin foil wrapper that has been frantically busted open whilst saying "I haven't had a pop tart in two years.. it will be ok".

You get on the scale to see you have gained a pound.. you have that sick feeling in your stomach and hope that the upcoming fill you are about to get will help, though realize the only thing that will help is going back on Phase 1 of the south beach diet to kick the stinkin sugar cravings that you never had before until you couldn't eat bread anymore!!

Stepping off soap box.. :lol:

Hi CC,

Boy you made me laugh out loud!!!:w00t:

Cause Just 2 nights ago I am ashamed to say I was there too...only

worse because I opened a box of wine gums (stored away for my

dads birthday later this month I might add - God the shame!)

And had to have some....but there was a bonus as before WLS would

of ate the whole box but only managed 3 cause had to chew forever &

overall not worth it!:lol:

And now I have to buy him another box....sugar the enemy.....:thumbup:

Gingercat x

UGH!!!!! It's Ben and Jerry's for me, I started out with half a cup and before I knew it, the whole pint was gone. Ice cream goes down so smooth. I gotta stick with broccoli.

You are too funny! I had a few sugar crazed days of my own when we were on vacation. I rationalized that since I was out in the sun sweating to death and walking endlessly around theme parks that it would balance out in the end. Somehow I was able to lose 2 pounds that week but I have been craving chocolate like a mad woman ever since. Why did I let myself go back there!?!?

When I'm really sad the only thing I can think of is Dark chocolate Maggie Moo's icecream. No, not low fat, full on cellulite inducing real icecream. I've been really fighting this week, and it was a losing battle on friday. But I had to have four shots and blood drawn twice, I haven't had any sick days built up so I lost the pay, and my insurance hadn't changed over yet so I had to pay him 280 dollars to shot me up. I'm not going to beat myself up about it today.

It was so sad.

Well I know what the deal is.. I haven't worked out in a week. I got sick then my husband got sick so he couldnt' go and now I'm coughing again!! When I don't work out, I just don't lose weight... and I really need to go back to that phase one of south beach.. it's the only thing that gets me off the carbs and sugars. So, I'm not going to feel all guilty about it. In the end, it was one cookie and one package of two tarts.. but this is how it can start.. like some affair in the movies.. it starts off with one little flirt.. then one little kiss.. then next thing you know they are gettin it on...

I'm a firm believer in not denying yourself these yummy things every now and again and not feeling guilty over it, but at the store last night I was making poor choices. It wasn't half a chocolate shake from Chic-Fil-A or a piece of candy.. I was starting to get back into bad old habits.. Not good.

i wonder how you even eat with 6.9cc in your band. i've been at 5cc since my fill on 5/21 and can only eat mushies. but i see you've lost 40 lbs. that is awesome. i think it's because you are working out too. i need to do that, i think the weight would come off a lot faster. I totally fight the sugar thing. love it more than real food and am completely addicted to it. i think i'll try phase one too as i really loved the south beach diet.

did you find it hard to eat real food for the first two weeks after a fill or did you recover faster?

i wonder how you even eat with 6.9cc in your band. i've been at 5cc since my fill on 5/21 and can only eat mushies. but i see you've lost 40 lbs. that is awesome. i think it's because you are working out too. i need to do that, i think the weight would come off a lot faster. I totally fight the sugar thing. love it more than real food and am completely addicted to it. i think i'll try phase one too as i really loved the south beach diet.

did you find it hard to eat real food for the first two weeks after a fill or did you recover faster?

Here's the funny thing, I'm actually pretty wide open.. I can eat an entire can of tuna right now... a decent sized salad... a large chili from Wendy's... (not all at once obviously. lol) and just about anything except scrambled eggs which I have a problem with. Every now and again I get that slight stuck feeling if I eat too fast, but I've never PB'ed or anything... My doctor said my stomach was pretty small, but he doesn't place 4cc bands, only 10cc and 14cc, which is probably why I have a decent amount of saline in there. I also don't want to be super tight to where I can't eat food.. And I've never had a fill that prevented me from eating regular foods the next day. I do the liquids for the rest of that day I was filled and by the next day i was eating my tuna, chicken and chili... I wonder if I should get a better fill, but I just don't want to be miserable.

and it is miserable. i tried to eat a mozzarella stick when i was at the bar on saturday. totally got stuck and then i got the slime thing where you just keep producing a crapload of saliva but it won't go down so you have to puke it up. i had to go to the bathroom 5 times and it was pretty embarrassing.

i have a 10cc band too but i always seem to have to be on liquids and mushies for awhile after a fill. i guess we're all different when it comes to how our bodies will tolerate things...

When did you get this last fill? have you thought about getting some taken out so you won't feel so miserable like that.. it's not good if you can't eat solid foods after the 2-4 days of liquids/mushies you are told to do after a fill. The band isn't about being miserable when we eat.. please consider it so you won't have to feel that way ..

Well i did think about it. i read another post where that person usually gave it two weeks after a fill, because it will be tight then loosen, then tighten again but she said usually at two weeks she's good. Well last night i was able to eat bread even (toasted of course) and today i was able to eat a little chicken salad with not sticking so i'm just giving it a little more time. I appreciate the thought tho and believe me, I am not ruling out an unfill. If it tightens back up or I can't eat solid Proteins, I will definitely go in.

Pop Tarts luscious? Ergh. The lasted on the market here about two weeks. Along with Hershey's chocolate. That's NOT chocolate.< /p>

But move aside on the soapbox, lol. I need to get up there too. Dont even TALK to me about that darn lemon coconut slice down at Muffin Break.

Great stories everyone!:thumbs_up:I do okay (for me at least since I'm still struggling a bit) until I am out of town and go out to eat at a very nice restaurant. Their Desserts are always soooo good. I just did not pass up that carrot cake even though I knew better. I did take half of it with me and ate it for Breakfast the next morning. Can I count it as a veg for carrots, Protein from nuts, and milk for the cream cheese frosting?:drool: Anyway, it was good and I am back home so no more carrot cake. It was really good until I stepped on the scale this morning.:( Happy weight loss to everyone.

Pop Tarts luscious? Ergh. The lasted on the market here about two weeks. Along with Hershey's chocolate. That's NOT chocolate.

But move aside on the soapbox, lol. I need to get up there too. Dont even TALK to me about that darn lemon coconut slice down at Muffin Break.

You crack me up! you mean.. pop tarts aren't luscious in your country??? the heavily processed sugary fructose jammy in the center of a fatty crackery substance didn't get snatched up right away?? ha ha..... pretty much every person in there 30's remember when pop tarts came out and how we would hoot for joy when our moms would buy them for us.. it was like the treat of the century!! thanks mom! lol man, why did you have to say lemon coconut slice???? that sounds good.. I just got back from getting my fill and it was a big fill so she said this will fix things. I'm hoping so... I'm ready for the 240's!!

Lol, no doubt some people liked them, but no, they didnt do well on the market here. Nor did the Hershey's range (which tastes like that awful compound cooking chocolate) or Oreos. It was all out here on the market probably 10 years ago I think and gone again within months.

Lemon coconut slice mmmmmmm - a layer of crushed biscuit, butter and condensed milk base, topped by a sugary/lemon/coconut icing. About a zillion calories.