Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I just got my second fill 3 days ago. I've thrown up everyday so far...not so much. But at least for a second. Yesterday my lunch was completely out but dinner was great. Today I was at a restaurant for lunch and had to go throw up every 10 minutes...which was how often i took a bite...I was ready about band slipping etcs...please advise...is this normal or should i worry. I drink Water just fine!! I can't go through this surgery again!

I would go on liquids only for 24 hours and let things settle down. My doctor usually recommends that after a fill anyway. Your stomach is probably just irritated at this point.

If this continues or you can't get Water down, you may need to go in for an unfill.

Yes, stay on liquids for 24 hours and mushies for a couple of days after that. Eat very slowly chewing well in between bites. When you have solids, make sure you're taking tiny bites and chewing it up until it's liquid in your mouth. If you still have trouble after that, you need to go in and have a tiny bit taken out.

Liquids only for a while. Give your fill a few days after going on liquids. If you have the problem still, definately get a slight unfill. I had the same problem after my 2nd fill and I did not get an unfill like Away and Denise recommended. I should have taken their advice, it would have been a lot easier on me. It took nearly 3 months and 20lbs for my band to losen up enough so i can eat 2 small meals a day. It was very stressful and caused a lot of worries for me. If it doesn't get better don't hesitate to get a slight unfill.

I had the same problem for the first week after my second fill. I found I really didn't need an unfill. I needed to relax and go back to liquids for a day and then reevaluate how I was eating. I was looser before and so I did not have to chew as much and I did not eat slowly. I would say baby your stomach with liquids, to mushies and then eat verrry slow, chew verrry much and then see where you are. If you are still having significant problems after another week, get a slight unfill.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that you went to the restaurant and had an issue every 10 minutes after another bite. Once your stomach is already irritated, you are just going to keep pb'ing and I don't think it really matters too much what you are eating or how fast. You have got to go to liquids to give your stomach a little time to go back to normal.

Each fill reminds me to go back to basic bandster rules because they are more tightly enforced as restriction increases. It is almost like I have to retrain myself a little more each time. When you start off with less restriction, you can eat a little more lax and not have any negative effects.

I agree with the previous poster. If you have thrown up, you need to be done eating solids for a good 12-24 hours. The two times I have PBed I just do a mini post-op diet. I do liquids for about 6 hours, then full liquids/pureed foods, then soft foods. With as much vomiting as you've had, you might do a couple of days of liquids, just to make sure your stomach has calmed down. Then, when you do start eating again, start slowly and proceed with caution.

If you can't swallow your saliva, or have repeated vomiting after going on liquids, I'd say call your surgeon right away.

Please call your doctor-I kept throwing up and eroded my band. Please call-you sound like you need a little unfill.

Be well.

Fran

Thanks everyone for all your responses. Its weird I am only getting sick lunch time and not dinner...I have a confession- I am not having Breakfast. I am waking up at like 10:30ish (since I am off work) and then i am having lunch at 1ish. I will try going easy for a few days. I am drinking just fine though so should i not worry. I don't want to go see my dr yet...i don't want to get an unfill because i am the maid of honor at my brother's wedding in 3 months and want to lose quickly until then.

the reason why you're throwing up is because you didnt fo the clear liquid diet. anytime you get an adjustment, please do the liquid diet. In the long run you will be thankful. when I first had this surgery i threw up so much, but it showed me how to eat and how much i can eat. you will start to notice when you are full. the best thing you can do to learn this is take a bite or 2 and wait awhile. this will stop you from throwing up so much. you have to give your food time to go down. I had this surgery about 3 years ago and have lost 215lbs and still losing. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

OHHHHHHHH my God i dont beleive it :lol:!@@!!!! u lost too much , good for u ! am newly banded ! i got my fill few days ago , almost one week , am still having difficulties in realizing am filled , still my bites r bigs and am swallowing too fast !!!! today i got my first reflux feeling: i over ate ! what do u think is it a sign of over feeding , slippage or distended esophagus !!!!!!!!!!! ( don't laugh at me:unsure:) am still new !!!!!! i promise i wil behave well tom. i will eat slow and slow!!!!!!:P

Thanks everyone again. Smoothshell- wow...you have lost soooo much. That's wonderful.

I had Soup for dinner last...wonderful. i had one piece of bread with it and i had to run to the bathroom but i was fine. See for the past few days any time i felt like something was stuck i would stick a finger in and throw up. After my Soup last night, i had a little piece of veal and mashed potato and it was just fine. Today i had a toast with cheese and threw up again but without helping it. I spoke to my doctor and he told me to have soup before every meal and not to intitate throwing up...although i didn't think i was intitating....just helping. He said no unfill.

I will stick to liquids and mushies for a few days!!!!

cant really say anything about knowing about slippage or any other problems like that never had any. I can tell you that to take small bites and take your time in chewing your food. Once you stomach feels tight or you feel like you're going to vomit Stop eating. If after a few minutes you feel alright take a few more bites and be done with the food. I know that its hard fixing small plates of food, because I still have that problem. My aunt tells me all the time "you know that you're not going to eat all that food." I still have that problem but getting better. I waste alot of food now. I guess my eyes are still bigger than my stomach. LOL

You dont have a eat Soup, thats not the problem. The problem is the bread. I still have problem with bread. You have to realize bread is like a sponge. It almost gets stuck in your throat. And once you eat the bread nothing can go around it. So if you eat anything after the bread whatever you eat is stuck. I would advise you to eat your bread last or take very very small bites of bread. Its almost like you have to do the Adtkins Diet and eat no bread. LOL