Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is Funny . . . Have you thought this?

I am at the pre-stages of the program . . . just got approved, I'm on liquids, surgery is next week.

I've run in to a couple of people I haven't seen in a long time, and I've thought to myself, "man, I just want to tell them not to look at me right now because this isn't really me." LOL! Like, the REAL me will be apparent after I've lost the weight. haha.

One woman I won't be seeing again until next year . . . and I can't wait to see her next year. I'm hoping she'll be surprised to see such a difference, of course that's a lot of hopeful thinking!

Did you ever think like that? Like . . . don't look at me now . . . look at me NEXT YEAR? haha!

I know, I'm weird.

I think like that a lot. I keep thinking about school reunions like I think I have one next year in June pretty sure and it will be awesome for people to see me even after just having surgery in November 08.

I keep thinking wow I wonder how much smaller I will be then. And then imagine how small I will be when I see them after another 5 years!

I get excited thinking about that.

I wish it was November! XD

I've been putting off getting together with some girlfriends for this same reason! They keep trying to gather us, but I say I'm just too busy hoping that I can push it just a few more months out... oh goodness, I hope none of them read this. :w00t:

lol I can understand :w00t: I cant wait until surgery my doc said since I am starting at such a high weight I will probably lose quicker than most people do. I am so excited to finally join bandland in november!

I know exactly what you mean . . . I felt that way a few months ago. I am a little over halfway to goal and already I feel sooo much better and look sooo much better. Already I am more interested in meeting new people because I am just more me. I know part of it is increased confidence and nice clothes, etc. Whatever it is, it just works and I am a more happy and confident person now.

Absolutely, I ran into a family I hadn't seen in years the other day, I was "Darn, if only that would have happened next month instead of now." I have my first high school reunion in four years, I'm excited about how I'll look then. After the band and plastic surgery. I've always been fat, so it'll be fun to see people's reaction to a thinner me.

Your post made me laugh --- that very thing actually happened to me today. :smile: I thought I was so weird for thinking that.

The other one was: I was walking down this long narrow corridor at work and these 2 skinny gals were walking towards me and this guy in front of me didn't know I was behind him and he was craining his neck to see them as they past and then he saw me and whipped his head back forward (embarrassed I am sure) I thought man , next year I am going to be one of those gals who gets your neck crain look instead of being the person you don't want to stare at :( (I am married but hey, I wanna get looks too!!)

Oh, yes, I thought that all the time. I was so embarrassed that the real me was hidden in such a disgusting body and personality wise too, it just isnt like me to lose control of something like I did my weight. I'm an efficient go getter type of a person who makes the things I want to happen happen, and that really was the source of my shame about my weight, not how I looked.

I used to have bad dreams that I'd run into people from work before I had my children and they'd snigger about how fat I'd gotten, how I'd "let myself go" with motherhood etc etc. Now, I feel so great I'd LOVE to run into people from my past and not only because of my weight but about other stuff I've achieved since I decided to get my shit together.

I don't think you are wierd, because I do the same thing. Can't wait till I start losing. My surgery is put off til I can get a filther put in because I am prone to getting Blood Clots. As soon as that surgery is scheduled they are going to schedule my lapband. Can't wait. Good luck with your surgery.

ooooh yes i too think this all the time! sometimes i just wish i could fast forward time 6 months ahead and be thinner already!! right now i hate running into ppl from high school or old jobs etc. its like man, why couldn't i have fun into you 6 months from now!! oh well, i guess we just all have to hope we will run into them again 1 year from now and then we can see the reactions! :(

~raises my hand~

oh yes yes yessss

I can't count the times

some of them make me want to tell them to just hide and watch

heh

LED_Lap.gif

Haha part of me just wants to go hide under a rock for a year and then re-amerge (sp?) as a whole new me! Of course thats no way to live, and I know the close friends I have who know about my band and even came to visit me in the hospital are going to be thrilled to see my progress. I need to take a before shot! I haven't yet, I should take one now while I'm all swollen so I look more like I did 10 or 11 pounds ago lol. But I can't wait to just start loosing!!!