Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Within days of having an adjustment, I became sick with the flu and apparently got sick one too many times that my band began to slip and my stomach pouch began to enlarge.

The doc deflated my band for 2 months in hopes that the stomach would realign itself. It turns out that it didn't...and now I have to go in for another surgery (a revision), with a possible band replacement. :biggrin:

I've been so devastated over all this, and I stuck so well to my diet, I exercised almost daily (I can now run over a mile on the treadmill!), and I feel like this has been a big let down. I was so diciplined while my band was deflated and was able to maintain all my weight loss...so I guess I've been doing something right? :lol:

Just so frustrating...there's so many people not sticking to their diets and doctor orders...but I don't see this happening to them. *sigh*

I go back in for my 2nd surgery Thursday, June 5th.

Wish me luck! I need all the good vibes I can get

-Kim

Oh Kim...You poor thing. God be with you and make this a quick recovery!!

What a bummer, there must be something good that will come out of it.

I will pray for you. :lol: A sister Bandster

You sound like you have your head in the right place as far as you diet go's. Remember it is just a tool. Its is not what made you lose weight YOU did that. We can all eat Ice Cream or heavy cream Soups or chips and Margaretas but you chose not to do all that and you can still do good. Hang in there!

Sorry you are having to go through surgery again but remember how well you have done and how important it is to maintain your new lifestyle. You will be back up to speed in no time. I will say a prayer for you.

Thank you so so much you guys! Your support really helps me keep my head up! :lol:

can you tell us the symptoms of your slip?

it sounds like you have the right mindset and it stinks you have to go thru surgery again.

Kim -

I just have to say that you are mentally more in the game than most. I'm sorry to hear that your band slipped, but you've maintained and kept up your weightloss, which is no small amount of work. Congratulations are in order for your great attitude and ability to stay strong.

You're an inspiration.

Well I was initially vomiting a lot due to the flu. After I got better my symptoms of band slippage consisted of a lot of vomiting. I wasn't able to hold down food or liquids. I would eat or drink something, and it just wouldn't "feel right." Within 15-20 mins, it all came back up.

Needless to say my stomach wasn't the same after getting sick...

Edited by KimQ714

I just had my band removed and replaced yesterday. My band slipped too. I was having vomiting, too. The good news is that this surgery was so much easier than the first one. I'm having much less pain and soreness than the last time. Hang in there.

Awesome! It is comforting to hear that your recovery is going smoothly, and that there's someone else out there that has experienced this as well.

The surgeon said that I should bounce back a lot quicker than the last time because he will not be doing anything with the port, simply readjust the band. So the soreness probably will be a lot less compared to my initial surgery.

I just want to get this over with already so I can move on! I've been doing so well maintaining my weight, at 195, I want to continue to lose the weight so I can look decent in a bathing suit this summer!

Thanks again for everyone's support, this really means a lot to me.