Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Oh Laura, so touching. Up until a few years ago my baby boy (36) would sit in my lap...... well sat on the side of my recliner. Of course I had to get grief from the other kids, but they aren't huggers and snugglers like he is. Is that from a book? I remember buying it for my sons when their sons were born.

Be sure and take pics of him waiting for the bus. The older they get the more you cherish those moments. HUGS! for you and Nels!

Oh Laura, so touching. Up until a few years ago my baby boy (36) would sit in my lap...... well sat on the side of my recliner. Of course I had to get grief from the other kids, but they aren't huggers and snugglers like he is. Is that from a book? I remember buying it for my sons when their sons were born.

Be sure and take pics of him waiting for the bus. The older they get the more you cherish those moments. HUGS! for you and Nels!

Yes, it is from a book. : ) Love to hear that others have given that book.

ok guys,

I just feel like I have to share this. One of the gals on LBT, that also has a blog, has been one of my (other) big mentors. Yes, feel like I am cheating on Janet to admit it. :smile2:

Well this gal just reached goal! Her before and after pics are just amazing. Every time I look and read about others struggles and successes, it gives me that much more hope that I can do it. I know she won't mind me sharing.

Once Upon A Time...In the Land of cheese and Sunkist

Will post the pics too.

Starting weight was 327 and her current weight is 168. It took her 18 months.

Boy have you ladies been busy yesterday.

Apples, so glad to see you back junking up the thread. It's just not the same without you.

You and Phyl have a great time today visiting.

Laura, Nels will do great on the bus. It is harder on Moms than them.

I can remember putting my 3 yr old on a bus and sending her off to school. She was in a special hearing impaired class about 25 miles away. Me & Gma's were checking out the bus & getting her settled, she had to set in a car seat because of her age. To make a long story short, she told us to get off the bus. lol That girl always was bossy.

Still walking & talking, goal is 20 miles in 4 days, off to a good start have in 12.5 in 2 days.

Sorry to not respond to all I've got CRS today.

LauraK

Oh...homegrown sweet corn!! sounds wonderful.

Think we'll be in by 3 pm... early enough not to be stressed out. And DH has the TV all figured out, so that should go up quick. He can't handle not having the news recorded so he can watch it when he's ready. With everything that convenient... might be able to negotiate dinner! Yeah, he doesn't deal well with having to drive too far off our route for RV parks. So I try to pick those that are close to our highway.

Super Walmart.... that's great! We just need a few groceries. We'll stop there first.

Phyll...don't buy steaks. Went to the freezer this morning and picked out 2 Tbones and 2 ribeyes of corn fed organic. Raised by a friend of our. They are on ice and ready to travel.

If you feel you want some time after you get to RV park, I can give you time. Just give me a call when you get in and I will head your way.

Excited.

Great, I forgot to tell you PS consult is set for Mon but have to change it because of work. I heard about a procedure they are doing now that is called a "Soft tuck". They only deal with the fat and skin. Lot less invasive and only 1 week recovery time. That is what I would like. I can work to improve on the muscle but can't do nothing about the excess skin. We will see, it will depend on the insurance factor.

LauraK

ok guys,

I just feel like I have to share this. One of the gals on LBT, that also has a blog, has been one of my (other) big mentors. Yes, feel like I am cheating on Janet to admit it. :smile2:

Well this gal just reached goal! Her before and after pics are just amazing. Every time I look and read about others struggles and successes, it gives me that much more hope that I can do it. I know she won't mind me sharing.

Will post the pics too.

Laura...I follow this woman's blog and progress also. Spunky and cute and lots of sharing.

I will get back to you tomorrow with mommy/kid story. I'm about ready to walk out the door.

Dental appt, visit son, bday shopping for a little princess and then on to see Phyll and hubby. Good day.

Laura - that was a beautiful story. I don't want you to cry but my 15 year old got his learners in July and just applied for his first job. I can so relate to this story and the fact it is scary when they want to grow up faster than you want them too.

Apples - I am so glad you are back

Jewel - thanks for your kind words. i actually always wanted to get into the medical field maybe it is time to go back to school but at the same time I need a job with insurance.

Well ladies to big job fairs tomorrow one in the county I live in and then one in the nex county over so I am working on my resume as I type this up. Love you all

Good Morning

Drive by - drama last night w/Andrew AGAIN - told him my rules my house - don't like it leave..

Busy at work - gotta get too it - gotta put out too many fires - pple want everything 10 minutes ago..

Have gym tonite - won't be home til late so may or not post again tonite

Love to you all - eat healthy & exercise !!!!

xoxoxo

J

Skimmed - Laura it's ok to to have other friends :0) - Phyl & Apples have fun- Melissa good luck today

ok guys,

Will post the pics too.

Oh WOW! She is beautiful!

Janet, sorry for the drama. As you know when they get in their thirties there is still drama. i think it goes with the parenting job. HUGS!!!!!

Baby Alert! DD just called. Even though she is due Sept 13 she is dilated to 2 and her cervix is thinning. So, she may go eartly. I guess hauling around a 30lb two year old is pushing things along. I hope when I take care of my DGD nothing falls out of me. lol Would not be good.

LauraK......I wanna know about the soft tuck. Sounds like something I would like to do. Give us the scoop after your consult.

One Day, my DD talked to the dr about the Essure. She said they would put her to sleep to do it. She also said the best thing is for SIL to get a Vasectomy. YAY! I am all for that.

Apples and Phyl......have a great visit! YUM! on the meal!

Okay gang.....gotta go to nutrition class......CBL

Laura - wow, what a lovely lady whose picture your posted. Such a success story to inspire all of us.

Great to see Karen back.

Have an appt - need to hit the shower.

One Day, my DD talked to the dr about the Essure. She said they would put her to sleep to do it. She also said the best thing is for SIL to get a Vasectomy. YAY! I am all for that.

yeah my DH was not anywhere excited about them going down there with a needle and a scapel needless to say us woman are stonger when it comes to that

Good afternoon, just got home from the gym and a long lunch with a friend, her husband joined us for the 2nd half as he couldn't believe we were still chatting. LOL He was picking up my friend but she wasn't ready to go yet. I did the body sculpting class, think that will be my normal Wednesday routine. I even upped the weights some today. Progress!

Laura, what a beautiful poem and yes I cried. I don't want you to think I am a depressed person who's kids have grown, I am not at all. I have good relationships with both and it's nice to have my kids as adults too. It's just that those young years go so fast and my kids were so close together in age some of those years went by in a blur. I'd love to have more time with them as younguns too. I always too pics of my kids on their first day of school in their new outfits. And after that first day we'd go to McD's or something like it and they would tell me all about it and from there we'd take their school supply list that they'd get the first day and buy all their supplies. I made a big deal about it.

Arlene, I am with you on having the son in law 'taking care of it'. We women carry the baby for 9 mos, birth it, nurse it etc. The least the man could do is get the snip snip. LOL but seriously whatever works for the couple.

Melissa, good luck at the job fairs.

Apples & Phyl, enjoy your meet, sounds like fun. Hope Earl gets his TV working.

Got most my books today. Ordered 2 from Amazon and still need money for the last 3. I may be in class before I can get them but it is the best I can do. Also gonna go to the Career Center on campus and get help with doing a resume'. I will be graduating December '11. So I want to get it together over the next few months and maybe start to get my name out there. That is what the career counselor suggested. I have my work history typed up but it is a bit of a mess. I have stayed home for 6 years but worked odd jobs here and there. Jobs that I could still be with Jacob while doing them. I have some volunteer positions too. I don't know how all this goes onto a resume'.

I bought some supplies from a Nursing grad today and he offered to send me study guides. I thought that was so nice. Gave him my email address.

My brother is coming over again tommorrow. I am gonna spend the day with my family tomorrow before I start to really dive into these books. I don't know if I told you guys but my 17 year old sister was pregnant. I found out yesterday that she lost the baby. So sad. Confusing. Relieved. Hard to explain all the feelings.

During orientation they scheduled some things for us to do the first day of school instead of the test. We will be the only class not to take an exam on day 1. The other classes are a little jealous. I am just hoping they don't surprise us with one.