Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning. Just about ready to head out the door to work to clean. UGH!!! At least I only have to do it today and tomorrow. They are actually cleaning all week and the later in the week it gets the worse it gets because everyone saves the worst stuff for the last. We have a list of things that need to be done posted on the desk and we choose things that aren't done to do and mark them off. Hopefully there's easy stuff left for today and tomorrow.

Finished watching Christmas vacation last night. Then watched the Rockettes Christmas that I recorded from PBS. I still have White Christmas and Wonderful Life on the DVR to watch perhaps tonight.

Getting a little anxious about my surgery on WEd. am ready for it to be done with, but that first week of recovery wasn't fun. I'm dreading that more than the actual surgery.

Well, I guess I misunderstood what the post-op diet was. I thought it was going to take a week or two to return to regular foods. Boy was I surprised when last night I was reading about it and it said 5 weeks. I really did research this stuff I guess I saw 5 days instead of 5 weeks. I was up all night wondering how I am gonna make it. Here I am struggling with every little carb. I know I have to do this I just don't know how I can. I am just a little upset this morning. I have to go to class now but I will be back later.

Jessica, You can do this, your mind is made up so don't second guess yourself. My dr had 10 days liquid before then worked up to reg foods for the next 5 weeks. I did it you can too. I was just banded in July. Each Dr is different so follow what yours says. You will work this all out, everyone here is behind you.

Laura K

Jessica...didn't your lapband doc fill you in on what he expected for pre-op and post-of diet? Every doc is different in their plans. No sense being upset. Call you doc's office and tell them you want info...A.S.A.P. You need to be well-informed and they should be providing you with info and what you are to expect.

I think all of us here had different plans post-op (pre-op too). I had a 14 day clear liquid diet pre-op but was allowed mushies the day after surgery. Most important thing is to follow what YOUR doc wants you to do. Make that call! Calm down and try to have a nice day.

Good morning. Just about ready to head out the door to work to clean. UGH!!! At least I only have to do it today and tomorrow. They are actually cleaning all week and the later in the week it gets the worse it gets because everyone saves the worst stuff for the last. We have a list of things that need to be done posted on the desk and we choose things that aren't done to do and mark them off. Hopefully there's easy stuff left for today and tomorrow.

Finished watching Christmas vacation last night. Then watched the Rockettes Christmas that I recorded from PBS. I still have White Christmas and Wonderful Life on the DVR to watch perhaps tonight.

Getting a little anxious about my surgery on WEd. am ready for it to be done with, but that first week of recovery wasn't fun. I'm dreading that more than the actual surgery.

I think you will do even better with this knee because you have a good knee to stabilize you. My husband had a much easier time with his second surgery. Lori , I will be praying for you. I know having surgery at Christmas is a bummer......been there, but it is also a good excuse to sit back and enjoy it while others help. Take Care! Don't overdo on that job. Your health is more important.

Jessica - the post op diet isn't that hard - not super easy but you are healing from surgery - I was 10 day each phase too - full liquids (cream Soups - yogurt - sf pudding - sf fudgesicle)

Make homemade soups they are so much better than the canned stuff - then mushies for 10 day (you will be ready for them) lf refried Beans - then soft (fish) then regular..

Laura - My DS & GS don't eat veggies or fruit - you can't make pple like something they don't like - once I made DS eat a bite of spinach when he was like 5 - he threw it up.. DGS ate veggies as baby food but not after.. Nelson will survie

Prayers that this new doc has something postitive to say about Dad...

Ok I gotta head for the shower - I will respond to other post later p0)

I'm trying to get through all the posts from yesterday....haven't been able to do it yet....have to go to work.

Finally got all the tamales done last night. Most are in the freezer or given away and now I can finish my laundry and do DH's Christmas presents (wrap them). He's in Arkansas and it's a great time to do his stuff.

Fly by gotta run....CBL.

Eva

Morning............ Yup, Jewel, the girls are right... Don't worry about this... The pre-op is harder than post-op in my opinion... Before surgery you are "making" yourslef do whatever diet your doc put you on... After surgery, for a few days you won't feel much like eating and won't care... It will be easy to follow instructions.. As you move up to mushies and soft foods you'll be surprised how satisfied you are with just a little something... Don't worry, we've all done it and you can, too... Like Apples said, call your doc and make sure you have all the information you should have....

I had another good night... DH lets me sleep in, but my kitty made sure I was up this morning.. I have some errands to do this morning and then I have to go to work and pinch hit for DD at the daycare.. She has an appointment that they set up for 1:00 in Bismarck and she couldn't change it or would have had to wait a couple months... So, I'm covering for her from noon until whenever she gets back (3 or so I figure).. DH will have to have Mimi here at home and I get to go hold babies!!! Apples, you wanna come along?????? They have 6 babies under 12 months most days..... I may enjoy this and then again I may be hairless by the time I get home... I"m not a service oriented type..... Give me numbers, not a room full of children!!!

Hope you all have a great day.... TTYL if I'm sane when I get home... Julie

looking for help! I am 4 days until 1yr post op. I having been struggling with fills only able to to 1/2 cc at a time I have not hd one in 3 months. I could never and still cant eat meat. Doritios and dip is what goes down along with ispoure, Water, coffeee, tea. I can manage to eat a supreme protien bar with 30 grms potien and my Isopure with 40. I am very depressed and have been for months I very felt that great feeling. I am down to 198 but added 4 paound in the last week. I see dr for 1 yr visit on the 16th.

Hi Janet, I'm Carolyn. I was banded 5 years before you, but I was wondering if you experience a sense of swelling in the morning making eating difficult to impossible. I don't recall having this issue two years out.

On my first appt I really just met all the staff and they talked alot about Low carb. I have an appt weds and I think that is when we were suppose to go over all this. They want me on low carb right now and liquids 2 days pre-op. Even the nutritionist talked all about low carb and hardly mentioned the liquids. I guess I am making a big deal out of nothing. I only have to do it once. Right now I am fighting myself with every meal over what I will chose. I hope it does get easier with the band like you ladies suggest. I do know It will be worth it to be healthy and vibrant again. Something his morning has just got me all emotional, guess it's that time of the month.

looking for help! I am 4 days until 1yr post op. I having been struggling with fills only able to to 1/2 cc at a time I have not hd one in 3 months. I could never and still cant eat meat. Doritios and dip is what goes down along with ispoure, Water, coffeee, tea. I can manage to eat a supreme protien bar with 30 grms potien and my Isopure with 40. I am very depressed and have been for months I very felt that great feeling. I am down to 198 but added 4 paound in the last week. I see dr for 1 yr visit on the 16th.

Hi Kim - Welcome - You are to tight imho if you can't eat meat - you can't live on Protein Drinks and bars... The band isn't about being so tight that you can't eat at all - it's about eating a smaller portion that's it - it doesn't take away your cravings and as you know you can sure eat around it.

You need to be able to eat regular food - 4 oz of hard Protein (meat/fish etc) and veggies and some starches..

I would discuss this w/your doc - maybe have some taken out - I have only had 2 fills and haven't had one since 1/08 and don't need another one..

Keep us posted

Hi Janet, I'm Carolyn. I was banded 5 years before you, but I was wondering if you experience a sense of swelling in the morning making eating difficult to impossible. I don't recall having this issue two years out.

Hi Carolyn - you have been banded 7.5 yrs OMW I don't know many pple who have been banded that long ..

I am not tight in the mornings never have been - I usually drink coffee when I get up at 5 and then don't eat till around 8 or 9..

I would try something hot before you try to eat - alot of pple have issues with morning eating - if that doesn't work I would call your doc..

On my first appt I really just met all the staff and they talked alot about Low carb. I have an appt weds and I think that is when we were suppose to go over all this. They want me on low carb right now and liquids 2 days pre-op. Even the nutritionist talked all about low carb and hardly mentioned the liquids. I guess I am making a big deal out of nothing. I only have to do it once. Right now I am fighting myself with every meal over what I will chose. I hope it does get easier with the band like you ladies suggest. I do know It will be worth it to be healthy and vibrant again. Something his morning has just got me all emotional, guess it's that time of the month.

Jessica - I hate to tell you this but I think it is very important to know this prior to surgery - My 50+ ladies told me this prior to my being banded and I think it's the most usefull thing I have learned on lbt and it prepared me for my journey

You will fight yourself for a long time - maybe forever - about your food choices - the band doesn't make those for you.

I can eat a bag of candy or a 2 cup bowl of mashed potatoes with a stick of butter in them if I chose too - and I am at my sweet spot..

Our bands are only tools - that's it - it's not the magic cure all to our issues with food -

Just like any addiction - it's a life long battle - some days are easier than other - there will be days that you fall off the wagon - but what you have to do - is pull yourself up by your boots straps and move forward.

Heck if you surf this board - you will find pple who are suppose to be on full liquieds 3 days out eating hamburger..

The purpose of the post op diet is to let your band/stomach heal (they sew your stomach around your band) this has to heal so that you don't have slips - it's VERY IMPORTANT to follow your doc's post op diet to heal correctly and pervent damage down the road..

Ok Steel Cut Oat Girls

I used 1/4 c - that's what the instructions said for 1 serving - but I have a bowl that hollds 1.75 c and it's full - is this right I get all this food for 150 calories ???

Morning............ Yup, Jewel, the girls are right... Don't worry about this... The pre-op is harder than post-op in my opinion... Before surgery you are "making" yourslef do whatever diet your doc put you on... After surgery, for a few days you won't feel much like eating and won't care... It will be easy to follow instructions.. As you move up to mushies and soft foods you'll be surprised how satisfied you are with just a little something... Don't worry, we've all done it and you can, too... Like Apples said, call your doc and make sure you have all the information you should have....

I had another good night... DH lets me sleep in, but my kitty made sure I was up this morning.. I have some errands to do this morning and then I have to go to work and pinch hit for DD at the daycare.. She has an appointment that they set up for 1:00 in Bismarck and she couldn't change it or would have had to wait a couple months... So, I'm covering for her from noon until whenever she gets back (3 or so I figure).. DH will have to have Mimi here at home and I get to go hold babies!!! Apples, you wanna come along?????? They have 6 babies under 12 months most days..... I may enjoy this and then again I may be hairless by the time I get home... I"m not a service oriented type..... Give me numbers, not a room full of children!!!

Hope you all have a great day.... TTYL if I'm sane when I get home... Julie

Hey Julie..you just go right ahead and do that daycare without me. I do enjoy holding babies, etc., and, I admire ppl that do daycare but it just wouldn't be the thing for me. Loved being home with my little ones but now its....give me an hour to hold them and take them back!:willy_nilly:

Ok Steel Cut Oat Girls

I used 1/4 c - that's what the instructions said for 1 serving - but I have a bowl that hollds 1.75 c and it's full - is this right I get all this food for 150 calories ???

Yup!:willy_nilly: