Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Melissa - Thanks for understanding my smoking - so many pple now adays hate smoker :0).. Great on taking up knitting it does help - after I eat lunch I crochet and while I am watching tv too..

I was not sure which to learn first crochet or knitting a girl friend of mine said knitting first so eventually I will try crocheting

Great - Yep no cooking or cleaning up - and when it gets too much - Oh gang I have to go home my knee has enough for today - love ya'll BYE !!! Yep sounds like a plan and a good one at that..

My stepbro loves to stay a long time - my uncle will want to leave when it gets dark. So hopefully Brad (stepbro) will leave when Uncle leaves... Told them to come around 1 so 4-5 hrs will be enough family time for me :0)...

Hair coloring. I also have a lot of light grey. I use a glaze by John Frieda that I put in my hair as a leave-in conditioner called Sheer Blonde. Its the honey to caramel shade. Its meant to brighten natural blondes and bottle blondes between colorings but I tried it to see if it would color the grey and it does. It puts just enough gold in my silver to make it varied shades of blonde. I never have roots and I have some darker brown hairs woven through and underneath it. The overall effect is quite natural. And no chemicals. It takes a few weeks for the hair to absorb and build up the color.

Apples I'm sorry for your loss. You need the downtime to grieve but I'm glad you're taking breaks and making yourself get out and do things.

I'm practically race-walking now and I suspect I'm covering close to four miles in an hour. Still walking outside as soon as I get home from work. I'm going to hate having to switch to my treadmill or go to the community center to walk on their track.

Finally dropped a pound. Can't wait to go to my sister's house in Tennessee for Thanksgiving. For the first time in years I'm actually taking a personal day. I'm not making the Thanksgiving turkey. I just have to teach my daughter how to do it since she's having everyone over in my absence.

Julie, I'm wondering if there's a pain med you could take before PT that would prevent the severe aftereffects.

TTYL

CHeri

Cheri - WTG 4 miles in 15 min is EXCELLENT !!! WTG ON 1 LBS GONE !!1

I have used that glaze - I have fine hair and found it made my hair too flat - I guess my texas blood (my mom was from texas) I like big hair :0)...

Our school have Wed has a holiday - I think that so many kid's where out that day due to families traveling - the schools didn't want to lose $$ so now it's a holiday..

I think some district close for the week - I think were my lbt daughter works in OR that they close for the week..

Have fun w/Family and Ya no cooking..

Good Evening everyone...things are better and thanks to everyone for your encouragement. It's not such a bad thing to cry and feel the feelings but I just knew I could not be alone again all day and repeat yesterday. Sooooooooooo...I finished up my books, went to the bank and then took off for the lake and just walked around. Was so peaceful up there. We are used to being there when all the leaves are on the trees. Seemed so bare. But it was a nice trip there and back. Even found time to stop at a consignment shop. And, when feeling a little low, buy four purses. They were $8 each. All new looking. In fact not even a spot on the inside and looked like they had never been used. A black cloth DKNY, a brown leather Nine West, a kind of woven Anne Klien, and a tan and taupe Liz Claiborne. "Mom" would have approved and if she were alive today most likely would have been with me and bought many more than I did.

I really am dealing with things just need to not spend as much time alone as I have been. I appreciate being able to unload with you guys.

Good goin' on the knee decision, Lori. You won't be sorry to have them both behind you. And, an added bonus to get in on this year's deductible and out of pocket. At least you will know what to expect.

Well, gotta go surfing the net...I can't remember if I told you guys I lost a diamond Bracelet on Friday while I was trying on coats. Anyway, someone got an expensive treat if they picked it up. It was insured and no deductible. Not going to replace the bracelet. They make me too nervous and rings seem to stay on fingers. Going to just check out some styles and go to my fav jeweler to see what she can do.

Great job on the walking and the pound dropped, Cheri. You will be at goal b/4 you know it. Yep, it sucks to walk indoors but I am looking at that soon also.

You all have a great evening. Again, you guys are great and thanks for the support.

OMG Apples - I bet that just made you sick - That's why I don't wear my real tennis bracelet - You should replace it but with one from like QVC - they are real gold just cz's and pple can't tell the diff - especially with pple our age - they expect us to have this kind of jewelry. I have my real diamonds and I have QVC diamonds and know one knows which is which.. i just say thanks when the complement me..

WTG on your shopping !!! Shopping always makes us feel better..

I was not sure which to learn first crochet or knitting a girl friend of mine said knitting first so eventually I will try crocheting

Melissa - when I tried to learn (knitting) as a kid - I ended crocheting with knitting needles - I haven't had anyone to teach me since.. It's great to learn a new hobby..

Well gang my timer when off - dinner ready - cbl

Laura, sorry to hear your Dad is still on the roller coaster. It's crazy and I hope you get through this okay. Your family is lucky to have you and you to have them. How long of a drive is it? At least you'll be driving up in comfort....not like my little old Jeep.

Lori, ooohhhh another new knee. You'll be running by February. It really is hard to wait once a decision is made. I don't know that could have ever really lived back at home after I was 20....I was way to independent and never did do what my Mom wanted me to do.

Julie, sounds like you are off the hook for T-day. Maybe you'll have just a nice cozy day with your dear loved ones. Hope the doctor's visit helps....they can do amazing things with drugs.

Apples, it's good you had a good cry. Sometimes I think you need to because it's cleansing...you wash some of the sadness away. You know if your life was predictable....as in the farming aspect....you would be very bored. Although you can't count on anything because of the weather, it also keeps things interesting because of it's unpredictability. If they don't eat those potatoes tonight...then make potato Soup out of them tomorrow.

Janet....shopping is in our future? What a gas that will be with you and Phyl. I'm starting to pack already. I might even talk DH into doing the laundry when I'm gone.

Cheri, you are lucky with the hair color thing....I pay someone to do mine too, it would be nice not to. Your story is pretty cute too. It's hard to believe the boy didn't know about safety pins. Turkey day sound like a breeze for you too and you can show off your new body.

1 day....knitting and crocheting is too much like sewing...not my thing but I do believe it's a great way to keep your hands busy and your mind off other things.

So sorry for anyone I've missed, I'm doing this from memory right now and it's not so good sometimes.

Okay day today...dentist tomorrow....work....getting my oven fixed I hoped....then Friday!!!

Did I tell you guys this????? I did the self clean thing with my oven Friday night and then tried to use it on Saturday and it wouldn't heat. All the bells and whistles work, it just doesn't get hot. The repair guy is coming tomorrow. I had DH talk to him and the repair guy ordered a part, so if it comes in I might have a working oven again. That would be good since I'm making a pumpkin pie for T-day.

Got my 30 minutes of walking in today. Will walk again tomorrow and Friday....even if it's only 30 minutes. It's better than nothing. I think my brain has just disengaged....time to sleep. Have a good night everyone.

Eva

Good morning!

I envy you girls...going shopping in warm weather. We won't see a day like that until at least April. Hope you just have a really good time together.

Was another 4am morning here. Had a quick cup of coffee and homemade blueberry muffins (made with no fat...just applesauce and ground almonds) and he was out the door to cut in some more fertilizer.

Have a big day. Bookwork this morning and then meeting my friend for lunch (which is also my ins agent) to go over our farm renewal. The scheduled items are the bugger. Gotta grab DH long enough to have him go over it with me to make sure we have nothing to add or delete. After lunch we are going to hit my friend's "overstock" store (all new items he buys in bulk....no two things alike but high end brand names) and also hit the consignment shop in town. I was doing some "scouting" for her yesterday. This overstock store has some really nice things and everything is under $20. A lot of Loft and Ann Taylor, Pendleton (the BEST wool creations), Jones NY, etc.

My friend has had a huge gain in the last 3-4 yrs. She was always about a size 6. Type A diabetes and mega weight gain without eating much. Anyway, found her some cute stuff and maybe it will make her feel better. She is an absolute beauty. Looks similar to Melanie Griffith (b/4 the botched face lift) and she is still under 200 but such a slam for her to go from a perfect figure to gaining 75lbs. I feel for her and you know with diabetes you don't just crash diet (it would cause her to crash).

So...... that's part of my day. Need to do some things outside this morning and do some Christmas wrapping. Pretty close to done with shopping for everyone.

I bought personalized glass domes for everyone (even little great grandkids) in "mom's" family. They we a little spendy but something to treasure forever. She was an angel collector. There's beautiful angels inside the dome and instead of snow it is teal colored glitter. She turns and plays "The Lord is My Shepard" . "Mom's" favorite. On the little plaque is just put "Our Mom, Our Angel" and then had her name written below.

For the little kids (4 of them under the age of 7) I ordered "Protection Angels" in the globe and put their name and "Remembering Granny" and then Granny's name under it.

Not sure what I will get DH yet. Gold toed socks are always a staple but usually come up with something else too. Just a box of Russell Stover makes him smile and then he tries to see if he can eat it all in one sitting.

Yes, Janet, was sick about the Bracelet. Didn't even want to tell DH cuz he gave it to me. He just said not to worry "It's just a thing". All I know is that it made me nervous to wear it and I don't know why I was wearing it that day. I usually save it for special occassions but, no, I had to wear it for trying on coats? I just can't figure me out!

Hi All,

Ok, I made the decesion on T-day. Talked to my sister and we decided what each was to make/bring. I can do this now and feel alot better. She is contributing more and I am doing a bit less. Doing chinese chic salad, pickles/olives and such and a crustless pumpkin pie that is sugar free. I can do this without feeling like I'm deprived and they won't say "can you eat this" or "you don't eat enough". I won't feel like I'm doing it all and she's not. Talked it over with mom so she knows what we are all doing.

Everyone seems to be doing better today also, from reading the posts, must have been funk time. Take care and have a great day.

Laura K

Hey everyone~

I think I have too much on the brain... going on two nights without much sleep. Was also stuffy and couldn't use my CPAP. I have not been using it much lately and don't travel with it anymore. Unless my sinuses are acting up- I don't snore anymore. I never had true apnea. YAWN.

Going to get younger today too. Just a touch up, as last time I had high lights. I am a week early, but wanted to get on schedule for the holidays.

DH took Dad's truck in for service today... and guess what... it's contagious! The battery was dead! Better it happened before the trip! The drive will be around 12 hours. We make more stops when Nelson is in the car. I allow him 10 min breaks of lying on the floor board each hour and playing with cars or whatever. It drives DH NUTS. We never wore seatbelts as kids, sat in the back of the station wagon. He got a "game boy" from his auntie, so he might not notice the need for breaks. It's going to be interesting driving up and flying back. Who wants to bet I will have more stuff than I can fly back with?! LOL

I am soooo unmotivated to exercise this week. Just trying to keep my head above Water. DH promised to walk with me every day at my parents house. The weather is perfect there and leaves so beautiful.

Need to go do work.. clean, laundry... etc. I will CBL. Hugs to everyone.

peas.

Good morning. I have some of those QVC 'diamonds' too. I had a Bracelet but some of my 'diamonds' fell out. I have a few rings and a necklace. I love 'em and don't sweat about wearing them.

Today I am going up to talk to my boss to tell him of my 2nd knee. I know I am putting him in a bind, and if I need to quit I will, it wouldn't kill me to. The way it is now, I go back to work on the 1st, I'd be working only 2 weeks, then my knee surgery. I'd go back on Feb 1st and then would need 2 weeks off again on the 28th of Feb for our Isreal trip. I make so little money that it's not that big an issue, just like having the 'fun' money. But the money I will save by having this surgery now over next year is almost 6 mos of my salary (told you I made very little LOL plus we have one of those high deductible HSA insurance plans).

Also, gotta take the doggies to the vet to get their shots. They are a few behinds late in getting them and with going to the farm in SD next week around all the other dogs and critters I want them current. Then I too am meeting a friend for lunch today. So busy day.

Great - You know you can sent the item back for free repair if diamonds fall out they have a lifetime guarentee :0)

I was all about the real thing diamonds and I have them - earrings - tennis Bracelet - rings - necklace but perfer to wear my "qvc" diamond - I even had a real ring made from a QVC design - but guess which one I wear the most the qvc one - it's real gold - just fake diamond and no one knows and if I loose the stone - no biggie they will replace for free ;0)..

Eva - Do you know about what time you will be here so I can tell Phyl what time we are to meet in Palm Springs - Shopping - ya we are going to stroll Palm Canyon - lots of little shops - they have a Chico's and I love chico and some bath shop - shower divas or something like that - you can make your own scent lotion bubble bath etc - and other tourist kind of shops..

Apples - love the gifts - I will do my little shopping this comming week. Sounds like you have a great day planed

Laura - Ya we did survive didn't we - but I am pretty much a stickler for seat belts now a days - I guess it's cuz I work insurance which is all about accidents..

Charlene ????

Just got back from Dr. Davis. I had .2 taken out.......stopped by Chick Fil A and got nuggets............ate 2 of them and PB'd. I guess I was expecting majic. Anyway, they want to see me next month and then I should be done with adjustments for awhile. I do feel better today. I was surprised that I had only gained 2lbs. Okay, no excuses .........AGAIN. I am back on the bandwagon.

Thanks to all my LBT buddies for support and keeping me in check. Heck, y'all know more than the doctors.

Just got back from Dr. Davis. I had .2 taken out.......stopped by Chick Fil A and got nuggets............ate 2 of them and PB'd. I guess I was expecting majic. Anyway, they want to see me next month and then I should be done with adjustments for awhile. I do feel better today. I was surprised that I had only gained 2lbs. Okay, no excuses .........AGAIN. I am back on the bandwagon.

Thanks to all my LBT buddies for support and keeping me in check. Heck, y'all know more than the doctors.

It's cuz we are banded and they aren't - we are/have been obese and they haven't/aren't..

Obesity has been with most of us most of our lives - I could be licensed dietitisn (sp) I know how to eat - it was alway practicing what I preach..

You gotta give your band time to readjust and imho you could have picked a healthier food to test your band :lol:)- is eating ck nuggets your main purpose in life - how about 4 oz of a nice lean steak instead :0)...:scared2:

But glad to hear you are back on the Bandwagon... :confused:

Arlene, I am not supposed to eat anything after a fill or unfill for a few hours and then mushies later that day. However, I always get stuck or PB on Chik Fil A nuggets. I can usually never eat them. I think it's because they are made from breast meat andI can't do breasts either I have to do dark meat or the ummm processed/minced type nuggets at Wendy's or McD's and I am choosing to believe that it is just chicken meat, please no one tell me different! :confused: When you are PBing and getting stuck a lot what kind of foods are you eating? That may be part of the problem?? I'm not saying you have to always do mushies at all. I don't but there are certain foods that I have learned just don't work well for my band, white meat chicken and turkey being one of them, drier cuts of pork another. But I can eat just about any kind of beef, as for seafood I have troubles with some shrimp.

Janet, I forgot about the lifetime warrenty on the Diamonique will have to look into getting my Bracelet fixed. Do I still need ot have the receipt?

Janet, I forgot about the lifetime warrenty on the Diamonique will have to look into getting my Bracelet fixed. Do I still need ot have the receipt?

If you go onto your account online I know that it keeps alot of the info that you ordered - but I doubt it - cuz they know what's theirs and isn't - I would ck online to see if it's listed and if it isn't I would call customer service - heck you can say hey I use to work for you guys and I bet they will do whatever it takes...

Let me know how it goes :0)

If you go onto your account online I know that it keeps alot of the info that you ordered - but I doubt it - cuz they know what's theirs and isn't - I would ck online to see if it's listed and if it isn't I would call customer service - heck you can say hey I use to work for you guys and I bet they will do whatever it takes...

Let me know how it goes :0)

I can't believe I forgot about the guarentee given the fact I worked there, but we never got into that where I was either.

Oh forgot to add in my last post. I spoke with my boss today, and I am not getting fired. LOL He said to let him know when I was ready to come back, that I needed to take care of this now. And to be completely honest he doesn't know what the future holds for any of us really that work there. Since no one is building houses right now and we are funded via HOA payments and so many homes are in foreclosure etc. and folks aren't paying their dues the budget is being seriously cut. So I could get laid off in the future anyway is my take or hours reduced even more ( I only work 16 hours a week). I am going to go ahead and go back on Dec 1st as planned for 2 weeks until my surgery, that will give me a couple hundred dollars for Christmas gifts. LOL Then will go from there.

Buddies........I am doing good tonight on the eating. No pbing. I ate meat and corn........no problem. Yeah, I should not have eaten a chicken nugget, but I was thinking I could eat it with no problems. You know the best Protein for me is filet mignon. I buy the faux ones at HEB and peel the bacon off of them. They are lean and low in calories. My next fav protein is tilapia.

I had my Lap band over 2 years ago and through life's struggles with taking care of my elderly mother who had cancer 6 months after my surgery, everything got off track.

I now take two bites, have to throw up and then usually am able to get a few more bites down. I am Diabetic, on medicines, my sugar gets too low and then I eat sugar.

I am so depressed and I don't know what to do anymore. I found a support group I am going to try in December.

I would appreciate anybody's help. I feel like such a failure.

NJB-FW