Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Girls!!! I am sooo tired this a.m.!!! We got in really late, 12:30 this morning, couldn't go to sleep so we just sat around to unwind!! But we had a WONDERFUL time!!! And it didn't hurt my feelings that we WON!!!! 48 to 10!!! We played Missouri and we made a touchdown in the first 6 seconds!!! When we got up yesterday, it was raining but by the afternoon, the sun came out and the kids were able to play. It was sooo much fun. Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I had a NSV yesterday!!! Our seats were in the nose bleed section, last yr and this yr, last yr, I couldn't walk all the way up without stopping, couldn't breath and this yr, I made it all the way up without stopping!!! ONLY you guys can understand my small victory!!!:thumbup:

Mereideth~~~ It was me that was talking about The Shack. I'll have to say, it is the best book I've read in a long time! I liked it because it made me think outside the box and also it will mean different things to different ppl. My 16yr old DGD is reading it right now, and she and I talk about how it can mean one thing to her and something else to me. But anyway, it is a good book. I also was able to watch a interview with the author on t.v. and that made it even better!

Laura~~~ sorry to hear about your sister!! Maybe she is depressed because she is living with your parents. I know I would be, I have friend that lost almost 100 pds, on her own, and she had to move back in with her parents, and gained it all back plus some!! Oh and that's not good that they compare you two!! That just makes it worse!! I'm like you, maybe she can move out and get her life back on track!!

If~~~ dittos on the DGC!!! I had a t-shirt one time that said "if I had known Grandkids were so much fun, I would have had them first!! Good for you on the slide!!! Don't you just love these little victories!!!!:thumbup:

Well, I need to go get ready for church. I'm taking Eli to his Moms church this a.m. and it's so big they have 2 services!! I get really nervous around a lot of ppl that I don't know but it'll be o.k.! I'm just going in there and find me a seat and set down, just hope I don't take someones spot that they've sat in for 50 yrs.!!!! You know how ppl can get!! lol TTYL Sharon

Edited by doodlebug11

Good Morning!!!! As the great and all knowing Spongebob Squarepants would say" I'm ready I'm ready!!! Made 3 batches of Cookies made, I made some that I really don't care for sooo maybe I won't be tempted, got my rain gear ready, supposed to rain, and got all my Razorback red things ready!! I don't know a thing about football, well I lied, I do know that when the refs throw up their arms and the ppl in red go crazy, that's a good thing! But it should be fun!!

If~~~ don't say your not smart, you are!! Look at what you do for all those kids!!! I couldn't have done it by myself, I had to ask for help!! BTW good job on being in onderland!! Keep up the good work!! And I SOOO understand about the remodeling, some times it feels like your never going to get your house back in order!!!

Linda~~~ The pic were taken about 6 wks after surgery, by then I think I had lost 30 pds from my pre-op diet. I had bought the dress before surgery so it was too big but I wore it anyways because of the colors and I' m too cheap to go buy another!! But thanks for the compliment! I start a new job when I go back to work, Tuesday, with reg. hours. Sort of nervous about it but also excited to be able to stay up past 7:00 at night!!

Ery~~~ hang in there, girl!! Ppl can be soo mean!! I choose not to tell anyone at work but 2 of my best friends, because ppl where I work are sooo negative anyways and I just did not want to deal with them!! So choose carefully who you tell and keep coming back here!! These ladies are soo very nice and will walk with you on this new journey that you're about to make!!! Good luck!!

Laura~~ so sorry to hear your not feeling good and the guys also! Eli had a runny nose for a couple of days but he's better now! Hope you feel better soon!

Janet~~ Here's a big ole HUG for you!! I hate days when all I want to do is cry and when I have them, that's just what I do!!! CRY!!! We all have to do it sometime. You deserve it with all you do!! When did your Bro. pass? Sorry to hear about your bosses not doing the right thing!! I don't know why ppl are like that!! My oldest DD started a new job about 3 months ago and when she went to work yesterday, they laid her off!! She was soo upset, she's a single

Mom of 2 teenage girls, a house payment, just bought a new car and boy did she give them an ear full when she left!!! She is an office manager and had a steady job that she left to go to work for this new place. I'm trying to talk her into going back to school and go into something that she won't have to worry about having about being laid off!

Great~~ sorry to hear about your dead battery bug!! I had it also and it is sooo not fun!! Mine went dead st the Sonic drive in!! The carhops had to walk around the back of my car because I pulled too far!! I was SOO embarrassed!!!

Well I need to get off here and get thing ready. Everyone have a good wkend and a safe one!!! Sharon

WHOOOOOO PIG SOUIEEEEE GO HOGS GO !!!!!!

Sharon - OMG how terrible for your DD - leaving a job and then getting layed off.. Hugs and Prayers that she will find a new job soon..

I am good - it's when I have to deal with bro's estate that gets me in a down mood (he died 10/13/08 at the age of 50 my youngest bro - now I am the only one left of my parent's marriage - my other bro die 5/99 at age of 43) I am the olders - Jimmy was 1 yr 4 days younger than me then there was Michael who was 3 yrs younger than me... That and how terrible and cheap my bosses are.. Karma !!! That's all I can say...

Good morning gang~

We are a bunch of snot monsters around this house today. I couldn't even use my cpap last night b/c I was so stuffy. DH said I snored for the first time in 5 months. It seems it's a virus. No fever.. just punky. This too shall pass.

Well, I have a fill scheduled for Tuesday. This is the first month that I haven't lost. I was looking at my ticker and realized although it fluctuated up a pound or so- I really am going no where. I spoke with the nurse on Friday. I told her that in the evening it's like the flood gates just open. She said really the only way to see if I would benefit is to try. I am able to eat more than I should. And I am ok with only being able to have a shake for Breakfast, and only eating solids at dinner. (at least until I start losing again). For the last 7 days I have been making good choices and have been exercising- it's just not budging. I am finding myself more and more frustrated. If I get a fill it will be a tiny one. Maybe a tweak will help. It's tough when you get close to where you need to be... deciding if you will benefit from a tiny bit more restriction.... or if it is entirely in the brain. (or both!):thumbup:

My sister went for her 3 month check up. She is in the 40th % of wt loss for gastric bypass patients. She is losing 1.3 lbs a week. My parents have been really giving her a hard time- fearing that she is "screwing this up too". I feel sorry for her. She isn't doing all she is supposed to. She isn't exercising and she is eating way more than she is supposed to. I guess the one thing with RNY is you can still lose if you eat too much- but my fear is she will gain it back if she hasn't changed any of her habits. And everyone is comparing us. "Laura's color is so much better and look how tone she is..." My wish for my sis is that she is healthy. I hope she finds a good job and can move out of my parents house. As wonderful as they are- it cannot be healthy for a 48 yr old woman to be back home with the rents.

I better go get on with my day. Hi to everyone. Will write to indiv. later when my brain is turned on. peas...

Laura

I hear you on the fill or not to fill issues - is it physical or mental - I wrote this great post about that same thing and now I can't find it.. At times I think I could use a tweak then I think oh no you don't it's all in your head - I know that I will eat when I am not physically hungry - Yesterday had a lean cusine for lunch - omw I was full all afternoon into the evening - you know what I was pissed I was full cuz I wanted to eat... How stupid is that - but again it shows me that even this far out - I still have issues with food.. Boredom!!!

That's why I have to stay very busy..

Pple think that bypass is the answer or really any wls - and it's not - it's all about the work that you do.

Bypass pple lose cuz they don't absorb their calories - so even if they eat more than they should they will still lose - but after a while the body re-adapts and their intestine start absorbing again - this is why after 2 yrs they start gaining again

it's all about the lifetime lifestyle change and until pple realize that they aren't going to be successfull... This is why I say I did 75% of the work to lose the weight and the band helped with the other 25% - It's all about eating healthy and exercising.

P

Laura, go with a small fill. I had the PA put a .4cc in me in July only to go back the next week and have Dr. Davis take out .3cc. I was miserable. I slimed when I drank Water. I did lose 3lbs in a week. Everybody's system is different. I am logging my food now, and losing very slowly, but at least I am not pbing.

My DH had gastric bypass in July. He is losing without much effort. He does walk everday. I think he has lost 25lbs. My friend had bypass when I got my band. She lost 120lbs .....did not exercise. Her appetite has returned and she can eat more than me. She may be a size 8 now, but at the rate she is eating she will start putting it back on. Your right.......it is a lifestyle change. That is the hardest part about weight loss surgery.

Okay, sorry to get off track. I hope you get some restriction.

Charlene – IMHO so many pple think WLS is the quick fix – and this is why pple like Oprah are against it – That’s why I wish I could go on her show and talk about the work that has to be done – it’s only a tool…

Quick post....on my way to Globe. This is a small mining town about 2 hours north of here. There is an art gallery there that does framing and I had a picture framed there and need to pick it up. I really like the people there and like to support them when ever I can.

Had my first experience with sliming yesterday. I was eating thin ham slices but wasn't paying attention. OOOppps...one more experience to avoid. It's good for me to know what it feels like when it's not right. This will keep me focused.

I'll post individually tomorrow when I have a little more time. Sounds like everyone is having a quiet weekend.

Laura, sorry about your colds. Hope you feel better soon.

Later,

Eva

Eva Yep when we forget – our band will remind us… Yep quite weekend – I cleaned out the garage (my fur babies use it as their bathroom tmi but it’s better than my house – don’t know why they don’t go out the other doggie door to the yard) and then I cleaned out the fridge I was going to give my gf – It’s the garage fridge and hasn’t been cleaned in 5 yrs.. Well got it all done – came in the house around 11:30 (started at 9) and gf called her mom got her a fridge at a yard sales so thank but don’t need it after all.. So now I have a clean fridge :0)

Don't know if I mentioned it, but first full week of school really kicked my butt. Need the extended weekend to recover. Went to a Greek restaurant tonight and had my first glass of wine in forever. It tasted really good and I used it to moisten my appetizers since I'm so restricted and I did want to enjoy my food without pbing. Had some flaming Greek cheese, some stuffed vine leaves(pork and rice) with yoghurt, and ate some of the spinach filling out of some spanokopitakia or something like that. My husband also ordered a salad and I had a few bites of that. I love sharing appetizers. My husband is a very slow eater and I used to gobble my food and then have to sit there and wait while he finished eating. It took forever. Now, I'm eating more slowly and much smaller bites than him. I actually ate for an hour and didn't eat too much! What a change.

Wonderful food. I only had 2 Protein shakes all day so I could enjoy my meal out without guilt.

Then we parked where we could walk to downtown Chicago and just walked around enjoying the crowds and the sights. I had walked in the morning for an hour, too, so got plenty of exercise.

I got called to sing on the praise team tomorrow morning so I'll be up bright and early since we practice before the early service. That's always a great start to my Sundays.

Had a DGD (3yrs.) demand that her dad take her over to see me, so she was over a few hrs. today. She's a stitch. Talks non-stop. Huge words. Took her to the park and was actually able to go down the slide with her. Haven't done that in a long time. Hope to see a few more DGKs this weekend.

My mildly autistic DGS is very dear to my heart. He's 4yrs old and I see him and his little brother Josh (2yrs) a lot. They get so excited when they see me. Grandkids are the best therapy.

Cheri – Your dinner sounded good – and yes it’s all about the planning – Congrats on singing today – I wish I could – sound good in my head – but outside I can’t carry a note :0

Hello Lovelies!

Sorry I haven't been writing as much as I should. I've been obsessing about school starting and with work...whew! I have worked so much the last few days! It's a good thing though. Making money is never bad. It does cramp my social style though! LOL. Today was absolutely gorgeous and my best friend and her husband took Andrew with them out on her in-laws boat. Gosh! It would have been so nice to go, but I think that we might go tomorrow also, so thats great! No other plans this weekend though. Just laundry and cleaning. My rents are having both of my grammys over for a bbq on Monday. So I am looking forward to that also.

Laura~ I too feel like I'm stuck. The scale has not been the nicest to me by not moving. Also, I can eat way more than I am supposed to. So, I try to eat mostly lettuce or veggies once I am done with my Protein. I do need to exercise more, but after such a long day at work it is difficult to find the motivation. However, I do start a weight lifting sculpt and tone class at school 2x per week. It's Mondays and Wednesdays. I guess this instructor also likes people from her classes to go to her other cardio classes too! Free of charge! So, thats even better! It does not hurt to have this class count for 2 credits either. At least I know I will have to work out twice a week now. Hopefully that will kick my butt into gear. Also, I get my next fill at the end of the month. Whew!

Also, who was it that was talking about the shack? I got it on itunes for my ipod the other day so that I can listen to it at nighttime with out bothering Andrew in the bed next to me. I have been listening to about a chapter per night. It's pretty good so far. Different, but good. I didn't realize it, but my mom read it too. She said that she liked it also. Anyhow, I'm only on chapter 6 or so, so I have a lot more to go. Thanks for the recommendation!

Have we decided anything more on our vacation/meeting? I was just telling my aunt about it today and she was asking where we decided to go, but I wasn't really sure. Should we decide soon? Perhaps we should get a feeling on exactly when (Pres. day weekend?), where, who has decided to go for sure, and how much each of us are willing to spend on accomadations. Ok, well, I just want to get some planning out of the way because I need to decide when I am going to California to visit my sister. Sheesh, I wouldn't even mind to just travel for the whole month of February! Not that I have the funds to do this, but a girl can dream, right?

Ok, well I am sitting here with a very sunburned boyfriend waiting to watch our Saturday late night movie. Since I come home from work and take naps on Saturday afternoons, I am always up so late. Oh well, I like it. I feel like a teenager when I stay up late on the weekends! Fun.

Alright, goodnight. I will check in tomorrow. It looks like everyone is still doing really well. Love ya!

~Meredith

Meredith – I love the Water !!! My x and I had a boat and would go to the river in the summer time – loved it.. But I know to wear sunblock – I’m fair and have burned too many times in my life – Where in Cali does your sister live ?? The planning for our meeting is Apples & Laura – I have already told my office to pencil me out that Friday before president weekend..

Good Morning Girls!!! I am sooo tired this a.m.!!! We got in really late, 12:30 this morning, couldn't go to sleep so we just sat around to unwind!! But we had a WONDERFUL time!!! And it didn't hurt my feelings that we WON!!!! 48 to 10!!! We played Missouri and we made a touchdown in the first 6 seconds!!! When we got up yesterday, it was raining but by the afternoon, the sun came out and the kids were able to play. It was sooo much fun. Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I had a NSV yesterday!!! Our seats were in the nose bleed section, last yr and this yr, last yr, I couldn't walk all the way up without stopping, couldn't breath and this yr, I made it all the way up without stopping!!! ONLY you guys can understand my small victory!!!:thumbup:

Mereideth~~~ It was me that was talking about The Shack. I'll have to say, it is the best book I've read in a long time! I liked it because it made me think outside the box and also it will mean different things to different ppl. My 16yr old DGD is reading it right now, and she and I talk about how it can mean one thing to her and something else to me. But anyway, it is a good book. I also was able to watch a interview with the author on t.v. and that made it even better!

Laura~~~ sorry to hear about your sister!! Maybe she is depressed because she is living with your parents. I know I would be, I have friend that lost almost 100 pds, on her own, and she had to move back in with her parents, and gained it all back plus some!! Oh and that's not good that they compare you two!! That just makes it worse!! I'm like you, maybe she can move out and get her life back on track!!

If~~~ dittos on the DGC!!! I had a t-shirt one time that said "if I had known Grandkids were so much fun, I would have had them first!! Good for you on the slide!!! Don't you just love these little victories!!!!:drool:

Well, I need to go get ready for church. I'm taking Eli to his Moms church this a.m. and it's so big they have 2 services!! I get really nervous around a lot of ppl that I don't know but it'll be o.k.! I'm just going in there and find me a seat and set down, just hope I don't take someones spot that they've sat in for 50 yrs.!!!! You know how ppl can get!! lol TTYL Sharon

Sharon – Ya I know how ppl can get – I’m that way with my treadmill :0)

Good Morning Gang…

No plans today – need to clean – already have 2 loads of wash done – now just need to get off the computer and do something…

Cbl

Meredith, what's a rent? Do you have renters?

Good morning all. I got to sleep in til 8 this morning. AHHH!! To think I am usually off work at 830 and I slept til 8 felt really good, but alas, off to work I go tomorrow. The rec center doesn't close for Memorial day or Labor day since it's the opening and closing day for the pool.

I saw a relative yesterday that had bypass surgery about 5 yrs ago, so sad to say she's gained almost everything back. Goes to prove that this is truly a lifestyle change. I think this is one advantage the band has over bypass. Sure bypass loses faster (so they say, wasn't true in my case) but they are able to lose easier in the beginning without as many changes. Their tool does more work for them in the beginning in that they are so restricted and then not absorbing everything, but if they don't learn the changes then it will come back to bite them later when the pouch stretches, etc. Whereas with the band, we start with less restriction and really have to learn Portion Control and lifestyle changes from the get go. I am praying that this is the key that will help me maintain my loss. I'm not saying this happens with all bypass as many stay successful for years down the road, but if one is missing that piece of lifestyle change (which is true for both surgeries) then one won't be as sucessful. Hopefully I'm making sense and not rambling.

Good morning all. I got to sleep in til 8 this morning. AHHH!! To think I am usually off work at 830 and I slept til 8 felt really good, but alas, off to work I go tomorrow. The rec center doesn't close for Memorial day or Labor day since it's the opening and closing day for the pool.

I saw a relative yesterday that had bypass surgery about 5 yrs ago, so sad to say she's gained almost everything back. Goes to prove that this is truly a lifestyle change. I think this is one advantage the band has over bypass. Sure bypass loses faster (so they say, wasn't true in my case) but they are able to lose easier in the beginning without as many changes. Their tool does more work for them in the beginning in that they are so restricted and then not absorbing everything, but if they don't learn the changes then it will come back to bite them later when the pouch stretches, etc. Whereas with the band, we start with less restriction and really have to learn Portion Control and lifestyle changes from the get go. I am praying that this is the key that will help me maintain my loss. I'm not saying this happens with all bypass as many stay successful for years down the road, but if one is missing that piece of lifestyle change (which is true for both surgeries) then one won't be as sucessful. Hopefully I'm making sense and not rambling.

Perfect sense.. I agree !00% - we banders have to learn the lifestyle change - we absorb our calories - we have have to do the work - our bands help - but hell as we all know we can eat around them - so for us I think the battle is just a little harder -

Heck - my doc said I lost weight like a bypass person - so it's all about the work we do (eating & exercise) and our metabolism

Well I'm going through picture albums - was going to hang portraits of me and my bros - but they need new frames - think I will go to Aaron bro and look for some - it was to early when I started this (8 a.m.) but now it's 10:30 so maybe I'll get dressed (still in jammies ;0)

LOL!

You're showing your age...

got to keep up with these youngsters!

They abbreviate everything!

"Rents" = parents!!

I'm still figuring these things out, too!

Lori, I love AAA. I haven't had to use it much lately, but boy when you need them where ever you are, they show up. I've been towed, jumped, tires changed, had my locking steering wheel unlocked in San Diego, etc. For me, it's worth the $$. It's really nice your LB surgeon wants to be involved with your knee surgery. I really like it when the doctors stay involved. Oh, I think "rents" is short for parents.

Charlene, I haven't had any problems eating bread yet, but it's good info to have for the future. I think having the option if you want it is good so you don't obsess about it.

Julie, take it easy....don't hurt yourself again. Glad to hear the upside of the weight loss...or should that be the downside....LOL...bad joke, I know.

Phyl, I think its funny when I buy something that is "weight friendly" and my DH ends up eating and liking it. Jokes on him because he shuns any "diet" type stuff. He could lose a few pounds, but at 6'4" he carries it well and it doesn't bother him too much. Have a great visit with your family!

Cheri, seems like you are managing with the "technology" just fine. Sorry about the hip pain...I sympathize a great deal. I'm not on any regular anti-inflammatory and my hips and back have been letting me know it from time to time. It's still manageable with ibuprofen so I am reluctant to take the stronger stuff until I can't stand it anymore. The greek food sounds wonderful. I love Greek food. I've actually made it before, but it's a lot of work. We had a bumper crop of grape leaves one year, so I stuffed them. Now the catapillars are stuffing themselves with the leaves.

Janet, I love the house warming gift idea. I remeber it from "It's a Wonderful Life" I had forgotten that little part. Thanks for the reminder.

Linda, so back to a regular day shift for you....that's nice if that's what you want. I have several friends that really like to work nights. It does make it harder for social gatherings when every one else is working days M-F. I like my walking tapes too....just need to do them.

Laura, I feel sorry for your sister too. Having parents compare you to another sibling does nothing to help. My mother would compare me with my brother who was perfect. It can cause some resentment. I'm okay with that now, but it took me getting to know my brother a lot better (he's 18 years older than me). I hope your sister can find her way also and find that place she needs to be that's best for her. (I hope that made sense).

Meredith, hey, I know what you mean about the scale not moving too fast now. It seems I'm looking at about 1 pound a week loss, which is okay, but it sure isn't every week that's happening. I'm not as good as you with the veggies either. I am working on that...bought some yesterday and will make sure I eat them next week. Don't stress about school, you'll do just fine.

Sharon, glad you WON!!! and had a great time. Sometimes you just get too wound up and can't go to sleep. It's nice you can stay up for a while and relax then sleep in late the next day. Hopefully church will be one of those that is welcoming to you no matter where you sit. Sorry about your daughter. That really bites. I wish her the best.

Janet, so now you have a very clean fridge and can fill it with beverages again. I love having a 2nd fridge....mostly because my main fridge is rather small and when it's full of tortoise food, nothing else fits in there. My DH keeps his beverages in the 2nd fridge and I keep extra stuff there too.

So the trip to Globe was great. Met with one of my friends there and he brought his son whom I hadn't seen in at least 10 years. He's 28 now. I really like this kid and really liked him when he was a teenager. We picked up our pictures, I love mine...it's a couple of ravens that are made out of a collage of different papers. It's very cool. I digress...my sister picked up her print too and a cat. This gallery has cats/kittens for adoption from the Humane Society. This one black and white boy talked to us the entire time we were there. She couldn't resist so now she has a 3rd cat. She named him Chase. He's really nice and rode home on her shoulders (2 1/2 hours at least).

I'm going to buy a new wine cooler today. Our's doesn't work anymore and I want to be able to keep the wine cool (not refridgerated). It's always something.

I'll try and check in later. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Eva

Great--rents are parents.

I think morbidity rates as well as recidivism are higher for bypass. I think a lot of Drs. are against all WLS because they confuse the statistics for by-pass with the band. Unfortunately, no one has come up with something that works well on the addiction center in our brain, although they're getting close. When they can combine a drug with the appropriate surgery I think we'll be a long way towards effectively managing this disease which is no respecter of persons and is a life-long condition. Even then we'll have to deal with our issues because we won't have the food to medicate them anymore. If you've ever lived with a dry drunk (an alcoholic who isn't drinking but isn't working a program or dealing with their issues)you know exactly what I mean.

We're on a Greek food kick. My husband brought home a huge Gyros the other day. There was so much leftover meat I just made a huge gyros, spinach, and feta omelette (of which I could only eat a very small amount). My husband loved it. Maybe there'll be some leftover for me for tomorrow.

Check that. He just told me he ate the whole thing. Oh Well.

Edited by ifyourstomachoffendsyou

Doodle, explain NSV. I'm thinking no small victory.

Doodle, explain NSV. I'm thinking no small victory.

non-scale victory

Good afternoon everyone. Caught up on all the posts -- everyone has been busy. I have yet another thought -- Oprah is on a weight loss journey this year (if you don't know, she gained back 40 pounds last year and did a lot of shows on weight loss this past year). Anyway, I'm thinking we should contact her and try to convince her to have US on her show -- we are all in different stages of our journeys -- we could show before/after pics., etc. Now, I have no problem with sharing this info with the rest of the universe, but not sure if all of you would feel the same way. I'd be happy to try to contact Oprah's show -- of course, if she's so against wls she might not be interested, but if not her, maybe Ellen would want us on her show. I'd be more than happy to write letters or whatever needs to be done. Let me know what you think -- I don't want to even try if you are all against it. I didn't tell anyone at my work about my surgery until after they all started noticing I was losing, then I was honest -- and now 4 people in my company either have had or are in the process of getting insurance approval for lap band surgery -- so my point of mentioning this to all of you is that not everyone you tell is going to be "against" wls or talk bad about you -- sometimes we help to educate those who don't know about our tool and it helps them to decide to have the surgery as well. I'm very proud and happy that I've been an inspiration to those people. I joked with my surgeon that he should give me a "finders fee". LOL. Anyway, I'm working from home at the moment but will be going into the office in about an hour. This is my last Sunday to work -- I work 24 hours -- started at 8:00 a.m. and finish up tomorrow a.m. at 8:00 a.m. -- I work from home from 8 to 4 and then work at the office 4 until 1 a.m. and then back home during the overnight hours again. After today, I only work one more overnight shift, next Friday, so am happy for that. We are babysitting GD tomorrow, looking forward to spending more time with her. Laura, hope you, DH and Nelson all start feeling better soon -- sorry to hear yous sister is struggling, but I do think part of it may be that she is so depressed and who can blame her? Losing her job and having to move in with her parents at that age is very tough -- I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers and hope she will find the strength she needs. To those of you contemplating a small fill - I just had another tiny one -- .250 and it really seems to be helping -- I get full much more quickly and am eating less at meals -- which is what I wanted -- I too was able to eat more than what we are supposed to. I now have 6.0 in a 10 cc band. I've never slimed -- have had a pb a couple of times -- usually when I've eaten too fast. So I've been nervous each time I've had a fill but so far (knock on wood) it seems okay. My surgeon pretty much told me that I should be good and shouldn't need any more fills and told me to make my next appt. 3 months out -- and he said he doesn't think I'll need a fill then but wants me to come in just to get weighed. So I took that to mean, "if you have hunger issues after this, it's probably head hunger." We'll see. Gotta run, cbl. Linda

LOL!

You're showing your age...

got to keep up with these youngsters!

They abbreviate everything!

"Rents" = parents!!

I'm still figuring these things out, too!

DUH!! I should've figured that one out. I feel silly thinking it was renters. LOL My 20 something kids abbreviated everything too, think it's from all the texting, which I am learning just to stay in better contact with them. If you can't beat 'em join 'em! LOL Sorry Meredith for not understanding, you can help me stay young and current! :thumbup:

Good afternoon everyone. Caught up on all the posts -- everyone has been busy. I have yet another thought -- Oprah is on a weight loss journey this year (if you don't know, she gained back 40 pounds last year and did a lot of shows on weight loss this past year). Anyway, I'm thinking we should contact her and try to convince her to have US on her show -- we are all in different stages of our journeys -- we could show before/after pics., etc. Now, I have no problem with sharing this info with the rest of the universe, but not sure if all of you would feel the same way. I'd be happy to try to contact Oprah's show -- of course, if she's so against wls she might not be interested, but if not her, maybe Ellen would want us on her show. I'd be more than happy to write letters or whatever needs to be done. Let me know what you think -- I don't want to even try if you are all against it. I didn't tell anyone at my work about my surgery until after they all started noticing I was losing, then I was honest -- and now 4 people in my company either have had or are in the process of getting insurance approval for lap band surgery -- so my point of mentioning this to all of you is that not everyone you tell is going to be "against" wls or talk bad about you -- sometimes we help to educate those who don't know about our tool and it helps them to decide to have the surgery as well. I'm very proud and happy that I've been an inspiration to those people. I joked with my surgeon that he should give me a "finders fee". LOL. Anyway, I'm working from home at the moment but will be going into the office in about an hour. This is my last Sunday to work -- I work 24 hours -- started at 8:00 a.m. and finish up tomorrow a.m. at 8:00 a.m. -- I work from home from 8 to 4 and then work at the office 4 until 1 a.m. and then back home during the overnight hours again. After today, I only work one more overnight shift, next Friday, so am happy for that. We are babysitting GD tomorrow, looking forward to spending more time with her. Laura, hope you, DH and Nelson all start feeling better soon -- sorry to hear yous sister is struggling, but I do think part of it may be that she is so depressed and who can blame her? Losing her job and having to move in with her parents at that age is very tough -- I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers and hope she will find the strength she needs. To those of you contemplating a small fill - I just had another tiny one -- .250 and it really seems to be helping -- I get full much more quickly and am eating less at meals -- which is what I wanted -- I too was able to eat more than what we are supposed to. I now have 6.0 in a 10 cc band. I've never slimed -- have had a pb a couple of times -- usually when I've eaten too fast. So I've been nervous each time I've had a fill but so far (knock on wood) it seems okay. My surgeon pretty much told me that I should be good and shouldn't need any more fills and told me to make my next appt. 3 months out -- and he said he doesn't think I'll need a fill then but wants me to come in just to get weighed. So I took that to mean, "if you have hunger issues after this, it's probably head hunger." We'll see. Gotta run, cbl. Linda

I'd love to get Oprah considering and learning about lapband. Send her a link to this thread and to my blog http://ifyourstomachoffendsyoutieitoff.blogspot.com

Hey guys~

Busy board for a weekend.. just caught up on the posts. We are feeling much much better. Thanks for all the well wishes.:blush:

Well this morning I decided to finally go check on my parent's condo. It's down in Palm Beach Gardens about 35 min. from here. Dad has asked me to go check the renovations that were done last month. I forgot last week when I was down that way. Thank God we went.. the power was turned off! He just had new hardwood floors put in (and those can warp) and the freezer had thawed out. The renter that moved out 3 months ago JUST turned off her power and he had not turned it on in his name. FPL cannot turn it on until Tuesday. :blush:

We had a babysitter today! Date afternoon (in lieu of date night). Went to see Inglourious Basterds. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but DH liked it. Then we went to Pei Wei for dinner. Pei Wei Asian Diner I ordered a cup of Thai wonton Soup and the lettuce wraps. yummo. I was able to eat a bit more than I should have. I am thinking that fill will be necessary.

Re: the FL trip in Feb.... when Apples gets back from the lake I will talk with her about the details. We still need to decide what people are willing to spend. The prices are definitely cheaper for houses in Orlando. I guess it will come down to how much people want to spend. We can do a poll maybe. I just don't want to exclude anyone b/c the price gets too high. Also, we will need to see how many people need their own room. Either make sure there is a hotel nearby... or get enough rooms. I am getting excited though! Looking forward to meeting all you lovely ladies! :blush:

Happy Labor Day! Glad my DH is not on call. Last year I think half the county went in "labor"...LOL

peasout....Laura

Hi Laura, Count me in for the Florida trip. I will go where ever everyone wants to go - one thing I was thinking about earlier today though is we will need to either have cabs available unless we want to go to the extra expense of renting a van? Just something to think about. Unless we go to a city where one of us is local and already has a van. I will go anywhere to meet you people. CBL. Linda

Hi everyone,......... I didn't have any notifications so I thought everyone was off doing other things... Boy was I wrong... You all have been busy on here.... I have a sick granddaughter... Had her to after hours clinic on Thursday night... high fever, swollen upper lip, drooling, listlessness..... He took one look and said she had a sore throat and needed to be tested for strep... That was negative... Well, we had to take her back yesterday.. She is broken out all over in her mouth so that her cheeks are even swollen... And there is a spot outside her lip and on her finger (from having them in her mouth because of the pain I suppose..) This time they said coxsacki virus.... Very painful, contagious to anyone who hasn't had it, and nothing to worry about... Give tylenol and try to keep hydrated... Well, that's all fine and good if you are dealing with someone you can reason with, but for a little one it's almost impossible.. She cries in pain and pulls at her mouth.. Won't eat much and barely drinks... Ane it takes at least 2 and sometimes 3 of us to get some Tylenol into her.. She's wise to putting it in a sipper cup so the best is just to hold her down and squirt in her mouth... Now she even has figured out that when we are all 3 together she starts fighting right away... We just did it a few minutes ago and it almost killed DH... he has such a soft heart for her.... Poor baby... The fever seems to have passed now, but the sores are so painful for her... Hope this, too, will pass soon.. Sorry to be such a downer, but it's so hard when they are little and can't really tell you what they are trying to get across.

We did get away for a little while this afternoon.. Did a little shopping and then DH took me to see "Julie and Julia"...... I love it, but he wasn't overly impressed.. I guess you have to be a cook at heart to get it all... Someone else on here mentioned it one day.. I did wonder how such a struggling young couple could afford all the ingredients for that food in one year!!! It had to be costly... Anyway, I enjoyed it...

I have decided to try to make it to FL in Feb.... Money isn't a big deal, but I'm all for being cost conscious.. We have a trip to OH in October, too, so don't want to put it all in one spot..... DH will not be coming along to FL.... I'm going to bite the bullet and try to come by myself....

I feel sleep coming on so will say goodnight... Sorry for not commenting on everyone's posts, but you all seem to be doing okay for right now and I'm just not able to get everyone... Please know that you are all in my prayers and I wish you all good things and happy days.... Talk to you again soon........... Julie