Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi everyone, just checking in. Meredith, thanks for the kind words. Julie, I hope you start feeling better. I'm sure you just overdid it the past few days. Take it easy and rest. I know what it's like. I'm thinking of you every day. I bought a walking tape -- it's really neat -- it has 5 miles on it - it's 12 mins. miles which I used to do (20 yeas ago) every day. So, I put it in the machine yesterday and started. It's neat -- I did the first mile and felt tired so paused the tape and sat down and had a little break and drank some Water, then got back up and did mile 2. I ended up doing all 5 (just kept telling myself to get up off my big butt and do it) and was proud of myself for it. I was going to go to a night time water aerobics class but just felt so tired I decided not to go. Well, when I logged in my exercise last night on the Daily Plate, I realized why I was so tired-- I had burned over 900 calories with that 60 mins. of walking! So, if you're looking to burn lots of calories, I recommend it. It's not really hard -- especially if you take little breaks - it's kind of fun. I ordered the DVD on Amazon and it was only $6, and you can do it at home in any kind of weather. I was amazed how many calories that burned. Have any of you tried the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches? they are very good - only 2 grams fat and I think 150 calories. I've tried the mint and the chocolate Peanut Butter ones and they are good - they really help me with my sweet/chocolate cravings. I have good restriction right now with my new fill and I'm so happy! I eat my fish or chicken and I'm pretty well filled to the brim. I'm hoping it lasts awhile. I am eating less at each meal. I really feel it when I get full - there's no guessing or wondering if that's what it is, I can definetely tell, which is good. Holly congrats on the pant size - that's great. I Hope everyone has a great weekend. Oh, the best news -- my Wii fit told me today I was only 46 in Wii years. That really made my day!! LOL. Linda

Hi all,

I had my band operation in 2006 an since had lost 104 lbs, but Ive really fallen of and my bad eating habits are coming back. I've put 22lbs back on in the last few months after I had some problems with my band. I need help getting back on track. I've got some problems at the moment which keep me stressed but I get worse when I think about my weight getting out of control. I was very good with the exercise, even back in November I was able to run 5km in session, now I can barley run 4 mins non stop. Is there anyone here who can help me? You can reach me on Skype : ID = adroit.dreams

msn = sharjeel.ahmad@hotmail.com Gmail = sharjeel0@gmail.com

I'd really appreciate any help I could get to get back on track.

Thanks,

Saj

IndioGirl55,

Thanks for the words of encouragement and strategy I love talking with you all. It helps me out so much.

Good Morning Gang

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday - I was up at 5:45 but had stuff to do as I knew I wasn't going to be around the house - gym at 7 - hair at 9 (went a little shorter) then my gf and I went to the show (soloist - both robert & jamie did a great job) little shopping and then dinner...

Linda 5 miles that's fantasitic !!!! I did 2.5 yesterday but I still burned my 300 calories cuz I kept it on the 6-10 incline - I got the skinny cow fudgecicles truffles - but no more cuz they are too good...

Saj - Welcome - Sorry for your struggles - This is where making the band about a life style change and not a diet. I have been banded since 7/07 and do worry the in another yr I wil start eating this or that - thinking it's ok - Right now I am very conciouse of not letting more than 3 lbs stay on my body - I feel that if I keep those 3 lbs at bay then they won't turn back into to 250...

#1 go back to the beginning - start tracking calories - do the 5 day pouch test (google five day pouch test and you will find out what it is 2 day liquids 2 days mushies then reg food) get back into your exercise - don't worry that you can't run like you use to just start slowly and work back into it...

Come back here and stay accountable..

1Day - Yep you can do this just plan plan plan...

Well, I see it was quite yesterday - hope everyone is enjoying their weekend

Today gotta find a place to plant my choc rose bush that I got yesterday from qvc and I have a green/yellow rose bush coming from them too - it looks beautiful online - grocery shop and target shop - and wash clothes - you know those usual weekend chores..

CBL:wub:

PJ - food Yesterday -

Coffee - popcorn (200 c)- Shrimp Alfredo (800 c - I am guessing here had about 1 cup of Pasta & sauce and 1 shrimp) 2 skinny cow fudgebars (200c)

Not great food choices but not too bad calorie wise and gotta say I was full and very satisfied with my meal -

Good morning, have a few minutes before leaving for church so thought I'd try and catch up while I've been away from LBT. No email notifications again so had no idea how prolific you've been on posting and had 3 pages to read!

As for the clothing sizes changing as you lose. I noticed at first I had to lose about 40 lbs to drop a size but now as I am so close to goal, I can drop a size in as little as 10 lbs. I think it has to do with more the percentage of weight we are losing. 10 lbs loss on my weight now is a much bigger percentage of a loss than it was when I was 305. Also, at 305 I think I was in denial as to what size I really wore and wore things pretty tight too. I've gone from size 26 jeans to size 10 so far.

The scales are a moving again!! Lost 4 lbs in the last 4 days. Total 122!!! WOOHOO!!!

I have found that in the past I have worn clothes and they have stretched to fit my body over time as I got fatter. Then when it comes time to go down sizes, it seems like you didn't go down in size because the "fat pants" that you've worn for so long aren't the correct size anymore anyways! I know that I have squeezed into pants that aren't the right size for far too long because I couldn't justify buying BIGGER. It was too depressing. I have reached the last straw and I refuse to buy bigger. That is one of the reasons why I knew that I needed help via the band. So, don't worry, you have gotten smaller, keep it up, you should be so proud of yourself!

Also, what about re-sale. Here in metro Detroit we have some great resale shops with some designer labels that have never even been worn! The prices are cheap and if you look you can find some great clothes! Target has cute clothes too, in all sizes. Idk if you have these stores near you, just an idea.

Meredith

Good suggestions, Meredith. In stores like Target, Kohl's, etc., I go straight to the clearance racks! Found some jeans I really liked at Target that were on sale for $6.25, so I bought 3 sizes! I'm now in the smallest ones (20) and they are baggy in the butt and I have to wear a belt (YES a BELT! Haven't had any in my wardrobe for many years and now have several!), to keep them at my waist. Re-sale stores are great! Find some good ones. We're on the road and stopped at Gilroy CA the other day. They have a Salvation Army store there that is GREAT! Huge, well-organized, good quality clothes. I got two tops, $2.70 each and then they gave me a 15% Sr. discount! Woo hoo! One of the tops was Alfred Dunner and neither looked like they'd been worn! I told my friend about it and she left with a bag full of stuff on Friday and it was a 50% off everything day!

- I got the skinny cow fudgecicles truffles - but no more cuz they are too good...

Tracy got us started on those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches when she came to visit! 1/2 one not bad... then you're just getting 70 calories! But best not to have them around at all!

Good morning, have a few minutes before leaving for church so thought I'd try and catch up while I've been away from LBT. No email notifications again so had no idea how prolific you've been on posting and had 3 pages to read!

As for the clothing sizes changing as you lose. I noticed at first I had to lose about 40 lbs to drop a size but now as I am so close to goal, I can drop a size in as little as 10 lbs. I think it has to do with more the percentage of weight we are losing. 10 lbs loss on my weight now is a much bigger percentage of a loss than it was when I was 305. Also, at 305 I think I was in denial as to what size I really wore and wore things pretty tight too. I've gone from size 26 jeans to size 10 so far. The scales are a moving again!! Lost 4 lbs in the last 4 days. Total 122!!! WOOHOO!!!

Wow!! Long, you are doing GREAT!!

Rain-Rain-Rain Those of you east of me have this and those of you west are enjoying sunshine. Phyl are you heading north back to Washington? If so happy trails… My MIL is heading back from Quartzite were she spends the winters dancing her feet off.

Long, you are an inspiration. Such good work. You go girl….

Meredith you got it right on, with this clothes thing.

Janet how many rose bushes do you have? Of course the next question is what kind??? Names??? Which one is your favorite? Do they do good in Part shade down there in the sunny desert??

LOL, I was thinking about having popcorn this morning before I even read your post. Is that what you did sat. morning??

Every one have a good day!!

Holly

April exercise 15/20weight.png[/url][/img]

Banded 1/29/09

I had a really bad "stuck" day yesterday. We took my mother in law out to dinner and I had a piece of tortilla and let me tell you I got stuck and was sick for about 2 hours. The drive home was terrible.....we got stuck in traffic thank god I had a plastic bag in the are got sick twice in the car. What a disaster. The DH was very concerned.....I told him it was my own fault and that certain foods I just have to stay away from. He was so worried. It really drains me when I have one of the "stuck" episodes. So I came home and went straight to bed. I am feeling alot better today and having only mushy food today. Thank you all for your advice on the clothes sizes makes me feel alot better.

Have a great day!

Hi all~

Again... you guys really help keep me on track. I find listening to the veterans helps me more than newbie bandsters... as we are all trying to keep our heads above Water. (not realizing the life preserver is next to us).

I think everyone has been busy exercising this weekend! haha. It's been very quiet on all the threads I read. I had an ok weekend hanging out with my 5 year old son. Went to a school picnic with LOADS of no no foods. I had 2 chips, an ounce of hummus (which I made), some fruit salad and one bite of hamburger. I was super proud of myself. Today I took my son to the movies. The new rated G, EARTH movie scared the Shi! out of him. It's all about the "cycle of life". I realized that although I was in the Peace Corps and saw animals eating animals... that he has never seen or understood it all. They showed a baby elephant getting attacked by a lion. We had to leave. He was in tears. (and he's a pretty tough kid). I didn't touch the popcorn (scared to death to get that stuck). I ate a Protein bar and a Water. I am so hungry now though. This is my first weekend since my surgery that my husband was on call for 3 days straight (he's a physician) and I had my son alone. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. Last night I even ordered him pizza, as we were exhausted... ordered a small cheese. But still tipped my old pizza guy $5, who knew me well for many years, LOL! He said, we've missed you... and then he noticed that I had lost weight. That's pretty funny when your pizza man notices your weight loss! Confession: I ate half a piece of pizza.

My next fill (#3) is Thursday. I can't wait! I am hoping to be closer to my sweet spot. I feel my will power slipping. Didn't exercise since Friday either. Tomorrow is a new day!

Hope everyone is ok.

peas out~ Laura

Janet..........choc rose bush????????? Sounds yummy! I missed that one. I bet it is pretty. I am a qvc nut. I bought an insulated bowl today. I had been looking for one when I go to potluck dinners.

Long...........your weight loss is AMAZING! WTG!

Hi everyone, just checking in. Phyl, your shopping trip sounded like fun - I love to find good bargains. I bought some new blouses and only worn them a few times, and they are already getting too big, so someone at Goodwill is going to get great stuff that was barely worn, so I need to start shopping at used stores too. We have several nice used clothing shops in town. I never shopped there before cause I figured they wouldn't have my size so I bought most everything on line at Roamans and Woman Within. Long, congrats on that weight loss. How did your speaking go at the seminar? I bet you did a great job. Janet, your roses sound beautiful. I miss my roses that I had when I lived in Long Beach -- they were so beautiful. Haven't had much luck in growing them here in Iowa. Maybe I'm just weird, but I don't care that much about most carbs any more. It doesn't bother me at all not to eat that junk anymore. For example, my DS and family wanted pizza last night, it was the last night of their visit, so we ordered a couple pizzas from their favorite pizza shop. I sat right there and ate my catfish and green Beans and could not have cared less. I used to be a bread with loads of butter nut but haven't had any or even really thought about it since my surgery. Maybe just the worry of getting stuck is what's keeping me in line. But truly, I just don't seem to even want that stuff any more. Now sweets is another story altogether, but so far have been able to pretty much take care of that with sugar free pudding, fruit and skinny cow treats, etc. MRose, sorry to hear about your being stuck. I fear that more than anything and so far, I've been okay. Hope everyone has a great week. Linda

Good morning!! I love it when it looks like it going to be a sunshine day…But we woke up to heavy frost good thing the corns not up and the tomatoes are not out in the fields yet. Apples, do your guys have the corn up and growing yet. I thought about you last weekend at the lake with all the rain? Hope it went ok.

Linda good job on sticking to your menu. I love fish. I haven’t tried catfish since the band. Been into my love of herring pickled in wine. A bit pricey but it is my treat…

Peas your little guy sounds so caring about broke my heart he got so upset…

Mrose deepest sympathy on your stuck day….Been there it is very humbling.

Charlene congrates on your finding of the insulated bowl. I thought about you last weekend and how much rain you were having….

Holly

April exercise 17/20

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png

Good morning!! I love it when it looks like it going to be a sunshine day…But we woke up to heavy frost good thing the corns not up and the tomatoes are not out in the fields yet. Apples, do your guys have the corn up and growing yet. I thought about you last weekend at the lake with all the rain? Hope it went ok.

Linda good job on sticking to your menu. I love fish. I haven’t tried catfish since the band. Been into my love of herring pickled in wine. :thumbup::redface:A bit pricey but it is my treat…

Peas your little guy sounds so caring about broke my heart he got so upset…

Mrose deepest sympathy on your stuck day….Been there it is very humbling.

Charlene congrates on your finding of the insulated bowl. I thought about you last weekend and how much rain you were having….

Holly

April exercise 17/20

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png

As for the clothing sizes changing as you lose. I noticed at first I had to lose about 40 lbs to drop a size but now as I am so close to goal, I can drop a size in as little as 10 lbs. I think it has to do with more the percentage of weight we are losing. 10 lbs loss on my weight now is a much bigger percentage of a loss than it was when I was 305. Also, at 305 I think I was in denial as to what size I really wore and wore things pretty tight too. I've gone from size 26 jeans to size 10 so far.

The scales are a moving again!! Lost 4 lbs in the last 4 days. Total 122!!! WOOHOO!!!

Long - Congrats !!!! 122 that's a whole person !!!! WTG :thumbup:

When do you leave 5/5 or 5/3 ???

Good suggestions, Meredith. In stores like Target, Kohl's, etc., I go straight to the clearance racks! Found some jeans I really liked at Target that were on sale for $6.25, so I bought 3 sizes! I'm now in the smallest ones (20) and they are baggy in the butt and I have to wear a belt (YES a BELT! Haven't had any in my wardrobe for many years and now have several!), to keep them at my waist. Re-sale stores are great! Find some good ones. We're on the road and stopped at Gilroy CA the other day. They have a Salvation Army store there that is GREAT! Huge, well-organized, good quality clothes. I got two tops, $2.70 each and then they gave me a 15% Sr. discount! Woo hoo! One of the tops was Alfred Dunner and neither looked like they'd been worn! I told my friend about it and she left with a bag full of stuff on Friday and it was a 50% off everything day!

Tracy got us started on those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches when she came to visit! 1/2 one not bad... then you're just getting 70 calories! But best not to have them around at all!

Wow!! Long, you are doing GREAT!!

No more skinny cow for me :0) - Sticking with my WW fudgecicles I like them and they are good but I don't go back and get another one...

Are you almost home???

Rain-Rain-Rain Those of you east of me have this and those of you west are enjoying sunshine. Phyl are you heading north back to Washington? If so happy trails… My MIL is heading back from Quartzite were she spends the winters dancing her feet off.

Long, you are an inspiration. Such good work. You go girl….

Meredith you got it right on, with this clothes thing.

Janet how many rose bushes do you have? Of course the next question is what kind??? Names??? Which one is your favorite? Do they do good in Part shade down there in the sunny desert??

LOL, I was thinking about having popcorn this morning before I even read your post. Is that what you did sat. morning??

Holly

April exercise 15/20[/url][/img]

Banded 1/29/09

Holly

I have 1 white - 2 Pink - 1 Red Pink I think it's just getting its first bloom - then I got the 2 Choc bare root and I am awaiting the mint julip (yellow green neon color) I am not a rose officinao - I just go by the colors - I had roses at my old house and they did fine - I just now planting them at my new house (well 5/09 I will be here 5 yrs) cuz I missed having roses - I didn't have to take any special care before - I would just Water and feed occaisionally and the cut them - They say to prune them back only in January but I have done it in the middle of summer - I am dangerous when I start cutting...

I had a really bad "stuck" day yesterday. We took my mother in law out to dinner and I had a piece of tortilla and let me tell you I got stuck and was sick for about 2 hours. The drive home was terrible.....we got stuck in traffic thank god I had a plastic bag in the are got sick twice in the car. What a disaster. The DH was very concerned.....I told him it was my own fault and that certain foods I just have to stay away from. He was so worried. It really drains me when I have one of the "stuck" episodes. So I came home and went straight to bed. I am feeling alot better today and having only mushy food today. Thank you all for your advice on the clothes sizes makes me feel alot better.

Have a great day!

Rose - it's funny sometimes a certain food will get you stuck then other times it won't (at least for me) I am sorry that you had such a terrible stick...

Hi all~

Again... you guys really help keep me on track. I find listening to the veterans helps me more than newbie bandsters... as we are all trying to keep our heads above Water. (not realizing the life preserver is next to us).

I think everyone has been busy exercising this weekend! haha. It's been very quiet on all the threads I read. I had an ok weekend hanging out with my 5 year old son. Went to a school picnic with LOADS of no no foods. I had 2 chips, an ounce of hummus (which I made), some fruit salad and one bite of hamburger. I was super proud of myself. Today I took my son to the movies. The new rated G, EARTH movie scared the Shi! out of him. It's all about the "cycle of life". I realized that although I was in the Peace Corps and saw animals eating animals... that he has never seen or understood it all. They showed a baby elephant getting attacked by a lion. We had to leave. He was in tears. (and he's a pretty tough kid). I didn't touch the popcorn (scared to death to get that stuck). I ate a Protein bar and a water. I am so hungry now though. This is my first weekend since my surgery that my husband was on call for 3 days straight (he's a physician) and I had my son alone. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. Last night I even ordered him pizza, as we were exhausted... ordered a small cheese. But still tipped my old pizza guy $5, who knew me well for many years, LOL! He said, we've missed you... and then he noticed that I had lost weight. That's pretty funny when your pizza man notices your weight loss! Confession: I ate half a piece of pizza.

My next fill (#3) is Thursday. I can't wait! I am hoping to be closer to my sweet spot. I feel my will power slipping. Didn't exercise since Friday either. Tomorrow is a new day!

Hope everyone is ok.

peas out~ Laura

Laura - it's ok to have 1/2 piece of pizza that's life and it's food we still need to eat occaissionally - I will have some every now and then - but since my GS only order pepperoni and I like everything - it doesn't hold much tempation -

I love exercising on Saturday mornings - it's a great way to get my day started .... My blood moving..

Yep even now I hate to see the cycle of life - the baby elephant getting eaten by the lion - oh poor baby..

Janet..........choc rose bush????????? Sounds yummy! I missed that one. I bet it is pretty. I am a qvc nut. I bought an insulated bowl today. I had been looking for one when I go to potluck dinners.

Long...........your weight loss is AMAZING! WTG!

Charlene - they were on last night Cottage Farms- I didn't get the trees but the bushes - Choc Rose and Mint Julip (neon yellow green) - Plus Sat I order Pure Grace body wash - I LOVE PURE GRACE !! Ivory soap smell and I like Amazing Grace too it's a grandma smell to me very comforting - I hate saying grandma smell cuz it sounds old but it's not really...

Hi everyone, just checking in. Phyl, your shopping trip sounded like fun - I love to find good bargains. I bought some new blouses and only worn them a few times, and they are already getting too big, so someone at Goodwill is going to get great stuff that was barely worn, so I need to start shopping at used stores too. We have several nice used clothing shops in town. I never shopped there before cause I figured they wouldn't have my size so I bought most everything on line at Roamans and Woman Within. Long, congrats on that weight loss. How did your speaking go at the seminar? I bet you did a great job. Janet, your roses sound beautiful. I miss my roses that I had when I lived in Long Beach -- they were so beautiful. Haven't had much luck in growing them here in Iowa. Maybe I'm just weird, but I don't care that much about most carbs any more. It doesn't bother me at all not to eat that junk anymore. For example, my DS and family wanted pizza last night, it was the last night of their visit, so we ordered a couple pizzas from their favorite pizza shop. I sat right there and ate my catfish and green Beans and could not have cared less. I used to be a bread with loads of butter nut but haven't had any or even really thought about it since my surgery. Maybe just the worry of getting stuck is what's keeping me in line. But truly, I just don't seem to even want that stuff any more. Now sweets is another story altogether, but so far have been able to pretty much take care of that with sugar free pudding, fruit and skinny cow treats, etc. MRose, sorry to hear about your being stuck. I fear that more than anything and so far, I've been okay. Hope everyone has a great week. Linda

Linda - Like I said I have just now planned them at my semi new house - don't know why but have felt the need to garden !!! I would love to grow some veggies - but don't have anywhere to do it...

Carb - Ya I don't eat them like I use to - I will have 1/4 of a roll with butter when out - but I don't keep that stuff at the house cuz I would pick too much.. I still like my carbs/starches - and must have a little with dinner or I would feed deprived - but last week I made wild rice - but by the time I finished my fish & veggies - didn't eat it - I like it but not as much as my reg rice..

Popcorn is a slider for me - I use it when I have the urge to snack....

Now how did that happen? It doubled entered on me…

Sorry

Holly

April exercise 17/20

Banded 1/29/09

That happens sometime - just like right - stuff isn't looking right - the color is gone on part of the boxes..

Good Morning Gang

Yesterday - I got my weekly shopping done finally after 4 weeks of not getting to it.. - and even got a 45 min nap - did have stuff I should have been doing like laundry - but needed the nap...