Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Those two items are what I thought about when I went looking. I found the tortilla container, but not the toddler plate. I also found a bread warmer that has a stone in it I think you microwave. I think the toddler bowl would be great......right size! I might hit the resale shops.....go junkin'.

Yep, Janet is a brave girl. I wanted to take my two teenage grand daughters.....but just don't want the responsibility.

Good morning. finally feeling better today after a bout with the stomach flu. I haven't worked out in 2 days either, (Sharon, I think it's me that does Power 90 not sure if anyone else does or not). I am really going to feel it at exercise today, I was just getting back into my groove after 2 weeks off with moving Grandma. Went shopping yesterday and got another pair of size 10's so it wasn't a fluke on the jeans. I got some dress pants in talls even at the Limited! WOO HOO!! Lots of other stuff too. Shopping is so fun now.

Mrs Bubba, the blizzard went just north of us so we missed it, but are expecting snow tomorrow or Friday. Come on Spring!

Hi, I was banded on 03/09/2009. So I am now 2 weeks and 3 days post op. Starting from this week, I began to eat soft food - including fish, eggs, fat free cottage cheese, well-cooked non-stringy vege and tofu. I haven't had a fill yet so I don't know where my port is. I could not feel it on my left side as well. I have a realize band. Sometimes I feel the muscle being pulled and tightened to the left of my bellybutton. I have a big incision right above my bellybutton, but the soreness did not come from the incision site. Last night after dinner that area (under the left breast to the left of the bellybutton) felt sore again. Could this area be where my port was placed? Is it normal to have this kind of soreness? This morning when I lifted up something a little heavy, I felt soreness in that area again, once I put the thing down, the soreness disappears. After I sat down in my office cube and starting to eat my Breakfast - hard boiled egg and some cottage cheese, my stomach felt uncomfortable. It actually felt sore on my left side. I don't know if this means I was eating too fast or eating too much. I hope I didn't do anything wrong to cause any problems. Has anyone here also experienced this before? Thanks.

Hi, I was banded on 03/09/2009. So I am now 2 weeks and 3 days post op. Starting from this week, I began to eat soft food - including fish, eggs, fat free cottage cheese, well-cooked non-stringy vege and tofu. I haven't had a fill yet so I don't know where my port is. I could not feel it on my left side as well. I have a realize band. Sometimes I feel the muscle being pulled and tightened to the left of my bellybutton. I have a big incision right above my bellybutton, but the soreness did not come from the incision site. Last night after dinner that area (under the left breast to the left of the bellybutton) felt sore again. Could this area be where my port was placed? Is it normal to have this kind of soreness? This morning when I lifted up something a little heavy, I felt soreness in that area again, once I put the thing down, the soreness disappears. After I sat down in my office cube and starting to eat my breakfast - hard boiled egg and some cottage cheese, my stomach felt uncomfortable. It actually felt sore on my left side. I don't know if this means I was eating too fast or eating too much. I hope I didn't do anything wrong to cause any problems. Has anyone here also experienced this before? Thanks.

My port is near my biggest incision and that area was the sorest the longest. If you are only a couple weeks out from surgery, you shouldn't be lifting anything. I was told no lifting for 6 weeks. Eating usually doesn't make the port area sore though. I'd feel uncomfortable if I ate too much or too big too fast in the band area. If it continues to bother you, check with your doc. And congrats on the band!

Hi, I was banded on 03/09/2009. So I am now 2 weeks and 3 days post op. Starting from this week, I began to eat soft food - including fish, eggs, fat free cottage cheese, well-cooked non-stringy vege and tofu. I haven't had a fill yet so I don't know where my port is. I could not feel it on my left side as well. I have a realize band. Sometimes I feel the muscle being pulled and tightened to the left of my bellybutton. I have a big incision right above my bellybutton, but the soreness did not come from the incision site. Last night after dinner that area (under the left breast to the left of the bellybutton) felt sore again. Could this area be where my port was placed? Is it normal to have this kind of soreness? This morning when I lifted up something a little heavy, I felt soreness in that area again, once I put the thing down, the soreness disappears. After I sat down in my office cube and starting to eat my breakfast - hard boiled egg and some cottage cheese, my stomach felt uncomfortable. It actually felt sore on my left side. I don't know if this means I was eating too fast or eating too much. I hope I didn't do anything wrong to cause any problems. Has anyone here also experienced this before? Thanks.

Hi Emma,

I had the Realize band early in December. What you are describing is probably your port. My larger incision is a little above the area where the surgeon inserts the needle for fills. I don't watch! as I don't like needles - but it always leaves a tiny bruise and that is just under the larger incision. It is not unusual for the port area to hurt for several weeks. The Realize band's port has a different anchoring method - not stitched in, but clamps on tissue in the muscle layer. Because of the way it is clamped it may hurt for several weeks, getting a bit better as time goes on. I am almost 4 months post op now, but I still will have a twinge if I bend just so, lean over a table, etc. I also notice a little soreness if I am wearing a tighter waistband, or at the sewing machine for too long. I think that is because I am in a slightly crunched position for a period of time and the port clamps are crunched a little, too. At this point it is just slight soreness - if it were to begin really hurting I would call the doctor about it.

I've been happy with this band. I cut my food very small and chew a lot - rarely have any problems with any foods. Chewy bread is about the only thing that has come close to getting stuck, so I avoid that (no big loss). It sounds like you have been sticking to your surgeon's eating plan just fine. Just make sure you continue to follow that plan while you are healing. You may not lose much (or any) weight during this period, and as you heal you will feel more hunger - and more frustration because of that hunger. Be patient with yourself and with your band. It is a stage we all have to go through prior to the first fill and you WILL get through it just fine.

Your discomfort with breakfast may have come from either eating too fast or too much. Keep your amounts way down as you get used to this new phase. At this point I began to have discomfort, too - came to this thread and asked about it. It was gently suggested I may have been eating too much. (these guys are so kind in their "suggestions") They were right - I cut back and the discomfort went away. Here again, you are healing and getting used to your band. Even with no fill, it will restrict your amounts at this point. I know you don't feel all that different, but you are. It takes a new mindset and that takes a bit of time to get used to. Start now to measure your portions and count on yourself for restriction until your fills start to kick in. Remember, it may take a few fills before the band restriction really begins to help. Practicing that kind of Portion Control will help you drop pounds as you are awaiting that elusive "sweet spot."

Good Luck as you begin this wonderful journey!

Hi, thank you both for your kind response. Probably I was eating too much and too fast. Old habits are hard to die. :tt1: It just comparing to how much I used to eat before the surgery, the amount of food I eat now does not look that much. For breakfast, I have one hard boiled egg and about 1/4 cup of fat free cottage cheese. I usually have a sugar free popsicle two hours later as snack. For both lunch and dinner, I would have around 3 oz of fish, 2 oz of tofu and maybe 1 or 2 oz of well cooked vege. I also have one popsicle after lunch and one after dinner. I guess maybe I am still eating too much. I'll cut down the amount. I was eating really slowly the first day and it look me one and half hour to finish my dinner. I chewed 50 times each bite. My Mom said that I was overdoing it. I speeded up a little yesterday. I'll make sure again to chew each bit of food 30 times. As for lifting the heavy thing, it was my Dad's briefcase. His briefcase has some weight, then he also put two lunch boxes with food in it. I didn't think it would weigh that much before I lifted it. I'll be more careful from now on. Thanks again to everyone.

Hi everybody, it sure is quiet on here. I guess no one has much to report.. It's very quiet and subdued here with our bad weather.. Still snowing and flooding.. We don't have flood Water to worry about, but we do have water problems.. something about the intake from the river and not getting the proper treatment, so we are on a boil ban... Must boil all water for internal use.......... What a pain... I do have some bottled on hand, but must boil to cook and do dishes... They say we could be doing this for 2 weeks or more.. Hope they are wrong about that .. It will get old, fast... And there is no distilled or bottled water to be found right now, what with the flooding in Bismarck and all.. I'm sure the stocks will be replenished soon... I haven't been out of the house since Sunday.. My baby is here and keeps us from gettng too bored..

Hope everyone is fine and just taking a breather while Janet and Apples are away... TaTa..... Julie

Mrs Bubba......stay safe. It takes awhile to get emergency supplies to a flooded area. I hope your area doesn't have much damage. I am stocking up now for hurricane season. After last year I learned to be prepared. Water and food were in short supply because stores could not open without electricity. We don't think about that stuff till it happens.

Well it's Denver's turn for the blizzard today. We are getting hammered. It's a good thing though as we were in such a drought, such a contrast to the flooding Julie is experiencing. We are supposed to get up to 18 inches. Dh just fertilized the grass so maybe it will green up really good now. I'm thinking of Janet on her cruise for sure today!

Thanks Charlene.......... no, we don't have any damage at our house or in our town, just the boil ban, but there are lots who do just 40 miles away... in more that one direction... The floods are state-wide due to the huge snow accumulations we had this winter.. The Missouri River hasn't flooded here in ND since before I was born... Thats' a while ago.... I guess we'll make it through just like all the other places that have endured natural disasters.. We are used to blizzards and tornados,............. don't care to live through a hurricane... Hope you don't have to either...

OMH, Long, 18 inches is a pile... Hope you don't have to go out in it for awhile... How long will it last this time of year? It melts fast there doesn't it?

I did get my new bed up yesterday after the part came in... And I slept in my bed last night!!!! It's going to be an adjustment as it has been a long time.. I made it to 4:30 and then had to get up to my chair... I will keep adjusting until I find the right spot for me... Phyl, what number do you like???? since I'm heavier I need a lower number.... I'm glad to be able to crawl in again even if it isn't for all night yet... I'll get there..... just like the weight loss.... Check in later this evening.. Julie

Julie, the nice thing about our spring storms like this is they don't last long. We are supposed to be in high 50's this weekend so should melt quick. It's that real heavy wet stuff which was much needed around here. I'm going no where. I'm hoping for a phone call from my boss saying they will delay opening in the morning and that I dont' have to go in!! They say the blizzard will last to 5 or 6 am, I work only 515am to 830am. I could use the time to sleep in!

Long - our turn comes this weekend. It's raining tonight - more rain tomorrow - then snow for Saturday. No blizzard, thank goodness, but we could have a lot of snow. I'm off to watch the 10pm news and see what the weatherman has to say.

I guess all of us are getting a piece of that storm. We had t-storms today and the front should move in tomorrow.

Hey, I told the dr. how I would get stuck because of the gas on my stomach. She said to try taking Gas-x before I eat. So, before we went out to eat tonight I chewed a gas-x, and I was able to burp between bites and not get stuck......Probably TMI, but I thought I would share.

I did get my new bed up yesterday after the part came in... And I slept in my bed last night!!!! It's going to be an adjustment as it has been a long time.. I made it to 4:30 and then had to get up to my chair... I will keep adjusting until I find the right spot for me... Phyl, what number do you like???? since I'm heavier I need a lower number.... I'm glad to be able to crawl in again even if it isn't for all night yet... I'll get there..... just like the weight loss.... Check in later this evening.. Julie

Gee... you guys are all having BAD weather!! We have high winds here again tonight and supposedly until about sunset tomorrow night... gusting pretty high right now.. Makes the RV rock and roll! And nearby ... earthquakes near the Salton Sea... over 200 since last weekend.

I keep my sleep number bed between 45 and 55. Dh likes 75 but that's TOO hard for me. I like fairly soft.

I guess all of us are getting a piece of that storm. We had t-storms today and the front should move in tomorrow.

Hey, I told the dr. how I would get stuck because of the gas on my stomach. She said to try taking Gas-x before I eat. So, before we went out to eat tonight I chewed a gas-x, and I was able to burp between bites and not get stuck......Probably TMI, but I thought I would share.

You all know about Papaya tablets, right?? They help me a lot when I have a little indigestion/heartburn.. feeling a little "burpy". Just be careful.... they're kinda like my candy some times! I take a few because I need them and pretty soon I'm reaching for more because they taste good! MY BAD!! Anyway, 2nd line of defense.... small can of pineapple juice. It lubricates and helps the digestion. That's my "big guns" approach. BTW.... RiteAid has all their "Pharmasure" supplements on 2 for 1 sale this week. I always stock up on my Papaya when they do that! I got 4 bottles yesterday! It's on sale until Sunday.

I have to say when I posted for "help" I had no idea this post was 170 pages long. I have a lot of reading to do to meet all of you but I have to say you all sound like a great group to be a part of. Forgive me for not using names for now...I have lost 60 lbs and have 70ish lbs to go so I don't think my problem is being too close to my goal. I don't know if it is realistic but when I did my "psych" evaluation before getting my band the doc said I should aim for 135. I know I am eating too many calories because I am tracking them very closely. Luckily I am going to the doc in 2 weeks so hopefully he gives me a little fill. I know I can eat 1500-2000 calories with no problem. I have picked up my exercise more than I have in the last 16-17 years. The sad thing is now I see problems with my knees and aches and pains from getting old that I never had before. I think I lost that weight and felt good with all the compliments and thought I could slack off a bit and now I need to get serious again. I don't know, I guess this is a learning process and sorry for the rambling.

Sorry to hear about all the blizzards and flooding. I now live in TN and when we moved here we brought our shovel from Chicago. Hung it up when we moved here and haven't gotten it down since then. I did live in MO when all the big floods hit from the MO river and levees broke and flooded everywhere. I worked at the airport then and the whole thing flooded 25 feet under. I had a miscarriage back then so I missed the clean up. well I'll stop for now but look forward to talking soon.

Niecey