Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My port sticks up near waistline and when i lye down and go to roll over it really sticks up,dr said is no prob he is going to stitch down on that side so does not move.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm glad you surgery went so well. It is a relief to know it isn't that big of a deal. I know the doctors tell you that, but it is nice to hear from someone who has gone through it. Have you been more sore than you were the first go around? I was like you - my port area hurt for 2-3 weeks...it just would not feel better, especially when I laid down to sleep. I'm afraid it'll be the same this time...

I'm glad you surgery went so well. It is a relief to know it isn't that big of a deal. I know the doctors tell you that, but it is nice to hear from someone who has gone through it. Have you been more sore than you were the first go around? I was like you - my port area hurt for 2-3 weeks...it just would not feel better, especially when I laid down to sleep. I'm afraid it'll be the same this time...

Have you gotton Filled yet?? Is not then they will see if it was flipped when you get your fill..Usually when you get your first fill they put you inder a machine to find the port at first. That's what they did to me and that's when it was found. But if you gotten filled already it is possiable that you can get your port flipped even though it's been a while.

Yes its really nothing. I was a little nurves yesterday but really it's nothing.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I was banded on April 10. I went to get my first fill on 5/22 - My port is in my shoulder. My doctor doesn't use a machine or anything for his fills. They feel for the port, put the needle in (after numbing) and fill. They kept hitting metal (the back of the port). Two nurses tried and they called my doctor after they couldn't find the center of the port, he was coming out of surgery. He tried and hit metal too. He said he went all the way around the port and across - it had definately flipped. I had to wait for a Friday to come open for surgery (to get off work) - June 6th was the first date available. I'm going to get my first fill when he does the revision next week.

How are you feeling today? Is it better this time since it isn't digging into your muscle? I'm assuming that is why mine hurt so bad - because it flipped the wrong way and the part that protruded was digging in.

Hi there im sorry to hear this has happened to you! I have been banded 6 years and had it happen twice...the first time was around a year out and i had it surgically corrected (which really isnt a big op at all) then it happened again a few months ago but when i went for the xray it had flipped itself back again, i have always had a bad port...it moves and everytime i have a fill it is in a different place (same round about area)

Good luck with the revision, it will go quick :-)

You have had your band awhile any other complications besides the Port flipping? Have you lost all the weight you hoped to lose any health issues due to the band .

hi slim, i haven't had any other complications until a couple of weeks ago i found out i had a leak. I believe this happened when i had to have an emergency unfill and a doctor that was not very well trained had to do it...he poked me over 30times before taking me to xray and then it still took him 20mins. My doc and i think he punctured the tubing but it should be ok with some omnipaque in it.

I have lost all my weight and kept it off. My health is also better then ever, the band has not caused any health problems it has helped them!

My port was fitted back to front last Sept I had to wait until Dec for a fill which didn`t happen. I then had to have a xray to find out what had happened and last Thursday 30th May I had to wait all day as I was last on the list for it to be turned. I then had to stay in hospital overnight and still have no fill or restriction. I am just sick of the band.

I was banded on April 10. I went to get my first fill on 5/22 - My port is in my shoulder. My doctor doesn't use a machine or anything for his fills. They feel for the port, put the needle in (after numbing) and fill. They kept hitting metal (the back of the port). Two nurses tried and they called my doctor after they couldn't find the center of the port, he was coming out of surgery. He tried and hit metal too. He said he went all the way around the port and across - it had definately flipped. I had to wait for a Friday to come open for surgery (to get off work) - June 6th was the first date available. I'm going to get my first fill when he does the revision next week.

How are you feeling today? Is it better this time since it isn't digging into your muscle? I'm assuming that is why mine hurt so bad - because it flipped the wrong way and the part that protruded was digging in.

Yes It is feeling good now this time around. Never hurted either since I been home. So I think the first time when it did hurt worst, that something was wrong. So I hope it's fine now, I will know on june 11 when I get my second fill and see if it flipped again or not..

My port was fitted back to front last Sept I had to wait until Dec for a fill which didn`t happen. I then had to have a xray to find out what had happened and last Thursday 30th May I had to wait all day as I was last on the list for it to be turned. I then had to stay in hospital overnight and still have no fill or restriction. I am just sick of the band.

Hey,

I think something is wrong with your DOCTOR!! Why he didn't fill you??

If that's what you need, then he should of did that. If he turned it back, then he shouldn't of let you wait 3 months for a fill and still didn't give you one..Is there something wrong with your band that he isn't filling it????

If my Dr ever did that to me, I would be asking questions.

My port is flipped but my doctor said he can still get to it and fill it, but it sometimes takes him 2 or 3 times to stick me before he can get to it. I have not been able to loose any weight for the last 8 months and that is when my port flipped. I asked my doctor could this be why I am not loosing any weight and he said no because he is still able to fill it. He does my fill under x-ray and you would think he could tell if it was not going in, but sometimes I don't think it is because right after my fills I still can eat as much as I did before a fill. I have reached my fill capacity and I still have fourty pounds to loose. I just do not think my band is working anymore. My doctor just saids I may just have to live with what weight i have lost. Does any one have any suggestions. Thanks

My port was fitted with the metal side on the outside and the soft part they inject into at the back making it impossible to fill. I have been into theatre and had it reversed. Yesterday 3 weeks later I went for a fill and still couldn`t have my 1st fill due to a haematoma around the operation area. Now it has been drained and hopefully at my appointment in 2 weeks it can be finally filled.