Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Heidi, I just wanted to let you know that I am on my 2nd fill and do not have great restriction, I can still eat pretty good. So I took a different approach, one that has worked pretty good for me. Of course I am a little discouraged that I look on the posts and see that everybody has lost so much more than me. I do work out at least four times a week and work around the house the other 3. I watch what I eat, in hopes that if I am going to eat more it better be healthy. With that I have went down four inches in my waist and two inches everywhere else. I stopped getting on the scale because I drove myself insane with it. I will tell you what I go off of now - I FEEL GREAT! I FEEL GREAT! I FEEL GREAT! and I would not change a thing. I hope MY personal insight offers you some sort of peace of mind!

Everyone is right, hang in there, you'll see. It's like magic after the first or even second fill. I actually feel as though I just reached my sweet spot and I have had five fills - yes I said 5 fills. I really never started loosing much until after my second fill, but look out now! You will be okay!

Heidi -

You can do this. YOU can do this. So you slipped up. Okay. We probably all have in one way or another. You've recognized the slip up, so let it go. Right now. Move on from that place. Don't allow depression and anxiety to consume you.

You're more than the numbers on a scale, you're more than the ounces you put into your mouth, you're a beautiful person who is striving to better herself. You're a child of God and He sees your frustration, your tears, your cries for help.

Believe that you can continue on this journey. It's definitely not easy, but get your eyes on the prize. Look ahead to what waits for you. A new you!

Ask God for strength. If it matters to you, it matters to Him!

hi

hold on,you'll be fine. i am going surgery,please be my friend larry

I am so glad I logged on to this site. I do not know how to put my story on this site yet, but just reading your messges helps! I got my band 3 years ago. I just found out it has been broken from the start! I have lost 60 lbs. in the last 3 years just having the band in place.. I am 9 days out from surgery that fixed my band! I will get my first fill 6/12/08. I cannot wait to start my journy with the fills! Thanks for the support! Gina

I was banded on 4-28-2008. My surgery went great---went home the same day and was back to work in 5 days. I got my first fill on 5-29-2008. I lost about 10 lbs. since surgery. I do not feel"restricted"but than again I am eating very little compared to before surgery because I am afraid of vomiting. Please do not feel discouraged--all these people tell us that we will know when we are restricted properly

Hi Heidi!

I have a similar story! I was banded on 4/21 and will get my first fill this Weds (Jun 4). Yeah.. I did the liquids, mushies and then the soft foods. On 23 May, grilled some chicken and man!...... I took the chicken and shredded it... put it in two pita breads... slapped some mayonaise (light) on them... and ate it all!!! Did this for 4 days straight for my dinners! Yummy! I didn't chew it to applesauce consistency either. Just chewed until I knew it could "flow" down the ole esophgus. I am worried just like you. Really. I am scared I stretched my pouch. I am scared my band has slipped. But as I see in the posts and the websites I researched, the possibility of a slippage as well as the pouch stretching is not critical at this point. What is a concern is that my stomach has not healed properly around the band. Despite what many say, I am going to backstep... I have begun to prescribe to the mushy foods for now to allow additional healing for the stomach - if needed. I will stay on the mushies for about a week... (allowing a day or two for liquids due to the fill) and see what happens. Hey... I feel fine... no problems. Just sad like you. But we have yet to get our fill. The fine people of this site told you and I we have to wait for this fill. I didn't gain any weight since my surgery.. actually I lost an additional 7lbs - I exercise every day. 30 mins of walking - that's it! You can do it! I will let you know what the doc tells me on Weds. In the meantime, hang in there with me! I welcome anyone to comment on my misadventures surrounding my lapband journey, please?!?!? :biggrin2: