Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the H*LL is wrong with me!

I forgot to you that I lost 3 1/2 pounds on the pouch test.:cursing:

I am going to weigh again this evening at the wellness center and see if it's more cause I weighted last Thursday.

That's awesome! How are you keeping up with it now?

That's a great loss...good job!

I'm doing okay, just trying not to go back to my old habits. How are you doing? I am still struggling with "head" hunger.:rolleyes:

Argh! I'm not doing well. I eat okay most of the week and then the weekend comes and I go nuts.

For some reason I'm tighter than I used to be, even though I have lost a few pounds since I firsr posted on this thread.

I find I can't eat more than a couple of bites - sometimes. Other times I can eat a lot more.

I'm really getting frustrated and upset...ack!

I so need to join this club. I was banded in Aug of 2007. I lost 32 lbs. I was slow but still okay. However in the past 4 months. I have gained 14 lbs back and I am so scared. I almost feel embarressed to return to my doctor for an update.

I have been able to eat almsot anything I want, and am nervous that I have "strecthed my small pouch". What is the 5 day test?

This is my first day back onto the forum in almost 6 months. I am ready to face the truth again. I am no longer feeding into my own personal pity party.

But I soooooo need the support.

Edited by BrownSuga

So...I was doing well until Sunday. :( We track our calories, which isn't something I've done before. For 2 weeks we've doing well and then Sunday came, and we had a cheat day. We still tracked our cals - up near 3000 because of the chips/dip.

That one day bumped me up 2 pounds. Ugg. I worked so hard to get those 2 pounds off and now I'm back up again just because of one day.

We also hit the gym in the morning on Sunday, out of our normal routine because we knew we'd be bad that night.

Both of us gained 2 pounds. We're hoping it will fall off easily, but it was still difficult to handle that gain.

Okay, so let me jump on this band wagon......I suck at this! I had been doing okay. Then Christmas came, and I gained 2 lbs. Since then, I haven't been able to loose ANY weight. I go to the gym at least 2 times a week, sometimes 3. But, I do not eat what I am supposed to. I get my Protein in everyday, but I also eat things I shouldn't!

I was doing better when I visited this site everyday, but lately I feel like I've just completely fallen off! I need your help and encouragement. I'm embarrased that I haven't lost anymore weight than 25 lbs. in 6 months!

I am self pay, so I cannot fail at this......:lol:

Regarding the carbs, the answer must might be that whenever you eat a carb, you retain Water rather than actually gain fat. Carbs - even good carbs - make your body retain Water. I assume with this that you're not making whole meals out of carbs, because if you are, it could actually be fat gain.

I know that whenever I've gone on low carb diets, all it took was a little bit of bread to make the scale jump, but it was never a long term gain if I just ate reasonably. So don't worry - it's probably just water. Just eat carbs in very small portions and you should be fine!

I was surprised to see that someone else had Fluid retention with refined carbs. I thought I was the only one that did. It's actually worse for me than having salt.

Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck to those who are struggling. I hope you will find your personal solution.

I know from personal experience: "When all else fails, persistence prevails!"

Its the same for everyone - for every molecule of carbohydrate your body stores you also store a couple of Water molecules - 2 or 3 (I think). That's also why you drop weight so quickly at first on low carb - its not fat, its water shedding.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches