Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the H*LL is wrong with me!

Can I sign up for the WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME club???

I was banded Sept 2007 and haven't lost anything since May. Nothing. Over this past Christmas, in 3 weeks I've gained back 5 pounds.

I've exercised on a consistent basis, watched my food intake and I'm not losing anything. So, I've cut back on the exercise, cause my "why bother" attitude is kicking in.

I hate the way I feel right now. My band is tight enough, because I can't eat a lot of real food - I would say less than a "normal" sized person eats. (With the exception of the last two weeks when I've sucked down every sweet in the world.)

I can't give an hour a day to cardio, but I can do 30 minutes in the morning and weight lifting at home in the evening. I was doing that, though, and it didn't do a damn thing.

How can eating less and excerising more NOT help? Isn't the "secret formula" for losing???? Geesh...I even do that wrong.

So...What the HELL is wrong with me??? I've lost 65 pounds in a year and half, and I'm not seeing that as an accomplishment...I see it as a failure. Why?

And, most importantly, how to get back on track?

Edited by Gone4Now
typo :)

I was banded Sept 2007 and haven't lost anything since May. Nothing. Over this past Christmas, in 3 weeks I've gained back 5 pounds.

I've exercised on a consistent basis, watched my food intake and I'm not losing anything. So, I've cut back on the exercise, cause my "why bother" attitude is kicking in.

I hate the way I feel right now. My band is tight enough, because I can't eat a lot of real food - I would say less than a "normal" sized person eats. (With the exception of the last two weeks when I've sucked down every sweet in the world.)

I can't give an hour a day to cardio, but I can do 30 minutes in the morning and weight lifting at home in the evening. I was doing that, though, and it didn't do a damn thing.

How can eating less and excerising more NOT help? Isn't the "secret formula" for losing???? Geesh...I even do that wrong.

So...What the HELL is wrong with me??? I've lost 65 pounds in a year and half, and I'm not seeing that as an accomplishment...I see it as a failure. Why?

I want to join this club also!!! I hear you sister!! I was banded in June 2007 and here it is 2009 and I have not reached goal yet!! I have come a longway but I want these last 40 lbs off!!!!! My son-in-law was just banded so I have to get back on track for his sake and mine. I hope we can support each other and help to get back on track. Starting Monday I am going to start the 5 day pouch test to help me get back to my bandster beginnings. I did much better today

following the bandster eating rules I have become somewhat lax about drinking before, with and after my meals. Lets all get back on track together and get to goal this comming New

Year!!!

I think a lot of my issue has been not facing the reasons why I was eating.

In the beginning the weight fell off - life was great, yada, yada...a year later, I'm having family issues, and I think I'm resorting to eating as a comfort food.

I need to break that! Tomorrow I begin the 5 day pouch - I'm shopping for it right after this post - and I'm going to get back on target for my weight loss.

I've got to stay focused. Enough is enough.

(Plus - I gave all my size 20's - 24's away! I can't afford new clothes! My 18's are getting tight and I've bought 16's to fit into it!) :)

I was banded 8/10/2007 and at the bottom you can see I've only loss 58 pounds (don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for that). I was hoping by August 08 that I would have met goal. I gained some over the holidays and I was exercising 3 days a wk. I know that it's my fault not the bands. I'm starting the 5 day pouch test tomorrow also. I won't schedule a appt with my dr until I have lost a significant amount of weight. I am excited about starting the test and hope that I can do well plus exercise. School starts tomorrow and maybe being back at wk, I can focus. I hope that WE ALL get back on track. It has been a struggled but we have such great support here for each other.

Gloucester, this is how WE get back on track. Tomorrow is a new day. We can start from there. Re-think things, the holidays are over and WE have a new day and a start fresh. Some make short term goals (I can't do that), I saw the Biggest Losers and everytime I get on the threadmill, I see Heba (one of the ladies on BL). She was heavy and she lost, but not as much as the ladies did last season, but when she came back for the finale, she had lost a huge amt. So when I want to quit, I make myself see her and say to myself if Heba can do I can too. My DH is no help, I secretly think that he wants to sabatoge my journey cause even if I ask him to help, he brings in more junk. So, I have to prove him wrong. So stick with it, we are, and we are here for you. Remember the old saying, "your doorstep today, maybe mine tomorrow".

I feel the same about Heba! (And Vicky...and even Ali from last season.) :wink_smile:

I woke up this morning and went to the gym. I am re-starting the couch to 5k. It was an easy work out, but I was still sweating. I know it's not my band - it's me. The band has been the best thing ever!

I'm drinking my Protein shake now. I CAN do this. The band has gotten me this far, and I can do the rest.

:thumbup: Let's keep posting here and keep going with the journey. It's so comforting to know I'm not the only one having some issues with my inner self. That's been part of the struggle - seeing and hearing about others doing so well.

Good luck! :mellow:

Is there room for another in the "What the H*LL is wrong with me club? Because I'd like to join. I was banded May 2007 - lost 0 (ZERO) pounds. I lost about 10 or 12 pounds on the PRE-op diet, but nadda since surgery. Talk about depressing and frustrating - I know exactly how the rest of you feel. I only wish I had SOME weight loss to report since surgery. I NEED HELP!

I understand! :wink_smile: I feel grumpy with myself for not eating right.

And, I'm sure I don't need a fill (though the 5 day test will let me know more, I think.)

I know my issue is just eating around the band. I eat all the bad stuff and not the good.

It started with "just one bite" a year ago, to eating the whole damn thing now.

skhopp - did you ever have fills, or reach a comfortable spot? What has your doctor said?

My doctor told me not to come back until I'm under 200. Of course, that was 6 months ago, when he thought it was in reach. He said I'd be back in a couple months, but nope. I never got under 200 and have gained weight now!

SKhopp, I know that I ate around my band. I'm sure I could have been at goal had I ate the right foods. I did the same as Gloucester, "just one bite" and I did just eat one bite, but it was several slider foods. I would go in the pantry and eat "just one bite" of Cookies, cheese puffs, ice cream, etc. But silly me, I said it was only 1 bite. Now, 1 1/2 yr later, I'm trying to correct several thousands of dollars mistake. It will get better, I have to tell myself that until it gets in my head and my heart. I list my food in the Food and Nutrition thread, "Share what you ate". It keeps me accountable, I still slip, but I'm hoping that this 5 day pouch test will help me do better. All things ARE possible.

So, my first day on the 5-day pouch test went okay. I didn't want to go with the cream Soups, but ended up having 2 Soups for dinner. I know it's in the rules, but I was trying to stay away from it. But, by the end of the day I was sick of broth and Protein shakes. :wub:

This morning I had some Ginger tea - kinda OK, but a little weird. Ginger and garlic are supposed to kick start your metabolism, so I'm trying it...we'll see!

Now I'm about to have a Protein shake. I think today's better.

My worst eating habits are at night. I watched the Tostitoes Game last night and really wanted CHIPS! (Damn subliminal advertising.)

I need the most help at home, when I'm bored.

Does anyone else get triggered at night-time? What helps you stop it?

Gloucester, yep, my Snacks call my name when I get home. But I'm determined to finish this test. Tomorrow will be better for us because we can have meat. I'm going to boil some eggs tonight and get my tuna ready for lunch tomorrow. I tried a recipe for a shake I got off another thread and it was the bomb. 1 scoop of vanilla Protein, 8 oz. skim milk,1 tsp of cheesecake Jello pudding, 2 or 3 ice cubes, 1 tsp Peanut Butter, blend and voila!!!!! I truly enjoyed it. We can do this and we will do this, okay. We did the pre-op and lived, we can do this.

Edited by A lot less

I'm so glad you posted that! I saw that the other day and wanted to do it, then lost it!

I may try that tonight, when I'm hearing the snacky stuff call to me.

The thing is, I don't have too much snacky stuff at home, so when I get the munchies I start getting creative. Then, the next day, I wonder: what was I THINKING??? I ate WHAT???

I am right there with you guys. I am almost done with day 2 of the pouch test. Yes I did the same as the rest of you it starts with just one. One ice cap or one starbucks latte or

just a bite of my husbands ice cream. I also wanted chips and salsa durring the tostito bowl last night but I survived.

I go to Phat class tonght ( pretty hips,abs and thighs) the

other day I have been doing my wii fit for 1 hr. I have vowed to do it every day!! WE all can get back on track, We all can help each other.:thumbup::thumbup: