Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Magic 150 number

Am I the only one noticing the magic 150 number? That seems to be what most of us would like to weigh. What gives? I know that the "ideal weight range" for me based on my height is 135 - 145. Who came up with this scale? I bet it was a man. LOL!! Sorry banded guys.

OK I am rebelling against that scale. I will weigh whatever I chose to weigh when I feel healthy. If that is 135 or 145 or 150 or 200 then that is what I will weigh.

I am just a little stressed right now and this was the one thing I felt like venting that stress on. LOL!!

SIGH!!

I don't know Penni, but I've noticed it too. My nutrishonist said my target weight was some insane number like 115. I don't think so.... My current goal is about 170, but I want to be a size 12...

I worked with a personal trainer for a while and I finally got her to tell me her weight and size.. she was about 170 and wore a size 12....

On the last supervised weightloss thing I tried, there was a woman who weighed over 300 pounds. She said she could never be happy unless she weighed 105 pounds. I thought how sad! She'd obviously never had her body fat measured. There is no way she could be healthy at that weight... she was tall, about 5'8" too. How sad for her.

I think it is all the BMI chart's fault. But like any scale, it lies!

I have a good friend that is gorgeous I mean model gorgeous. She weighs 167 and is 5'4" and in a size 12.

SO SCREW EM! (imagine in Legends of the Fall where Anthony Hopkins is talking to Brad Pitt after he had the stroke.) Love that movie. LOL!!!

mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall. I having all sorts of naughty thoughts. Um...Sorry. Back to what you were talking about. I'm only 5'2" and I am supposed to weigh something like 115 and I will NEVER weigh that. My goal is 135 and I think that I will be very happy there.

That's the spirt Penni! Don't let socity define who or what you are!

Don't forget, since you are becoming an athlete (in addtion to being an internationally renown spy and celebrity pharmasist {Dangeresque, Dangeresque!}), so the BMI will have no bearing on your weight.

If I had done what I was told, I would be very unhappy and would have never been able to achieve all that I have. I would be miserable trying to be someone else. ( I know, I tried to be someone I wasn't for my ex-husband...)

I picked 150 because that is the weight I felt the best at. I won't be upset if I don't make it there, as long as I feel good at the weight I get to. I don't think the number on the scale means much, I think the way you actually feel is the most important, and I feel better every day! :):D:D

I hear you my so called target weight is 115 to 120 not in this life time. I would be to boney. Anyway my goal is 160 not to far from it but I like the way I am now just have to tone up a bit.

Penni,

I set a realistic goal and achieved it. I mean 180 lbs to most people would seem to be fat, fat fat! Yeah, I would like to see something in the 170's, but if my body doesnt want to lose more and this is where it is comfortable, then so be it. I'll take an average 12-14 anyday over being a size 28/30!!! I dont know where they get these bogus numbers. the Tanita scale says I could weigh 146. We will see......

Babs in TX

334/180/170

Yep... Im another 150er! At least, thats what my surgeon is aiming for.

I set my own 'goal' at 170.

I think that most people that weigh 150 look very average - not skinny or tiny, but very normal. That may be why so many chose this as their goal.

I chose 175 as my goal, but I'll see how I feel when I get there. I remember how good I looked at 200, and think that 175 would be divine.

I'm a very large boned person though, so hopefully that weight will be ideal for me. We'll see.

I'm a biggun (5'9") too. I got down to the 160s almost 30 years ago, which felt about right. I'm hoping for 160, which should put me at a healthy size 10/12 -- but I looked pretty good at 175. Hell, I lived with 250-270 for years and years, so who am I kidding? My old GP's calculations had my ideal weight at 145, using the old formula of 100 lbs. for the first five feet and five pounds per inch over that. Yikes! My skeleton and the rocks in my head weigh that much!

Well I am shooting for 135-140, don't know if that is realistic, but I can try and if I don't make it then, that is fine too. I just want to fit nicely in a size 9/10, I'm wearing 12 right now and weighing 159, so just maybe I can get to my goal.. My tt is scheduled for end of June and I'm also getting liposuction on my upper and lower back, inner and outer thighs and arms, so my goal is pretty realistic for me now. If I can weigh 150 by end of June, then maybe, the tt and Lipo can get me to goal. So cheer me on....

Well 150 puts me right in the middle of the desired weight by BMI for My heoght. I would settle for NORMAL which is 164.7 for my 5' 8" frame

OK guys ready for this...Im 4'11 and my "target weight" according to standereds is ..............90-105 lbs.........YAHFREAKIN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! So dont feel too bad for urselves. If i could get in the 120's I would feel like a model and curvy perfect. Who the hell wants to be Kate Moss? Id prefer a Kate Whinslett..... But Ive got at least 50 pounds just to get to Mrs Whinslett (which to anyone with any height would probably=about 80 pounds)