Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A big day for me

All Aboard

This morning I started with a Optifast drink. My Dr. has asked me to drink five of these per day for the next 2 weeks in prep for my banding on June 2. He said I can have all the Water I want but no food or any other fluids. I can only have the optifast and water. I was told this will cause the fat to reduce around the liver making the banding easier? I know I don't get banded for two weeks but it still seems like I just got on the buss that has no stops.....It seems like the point of no return has been reached....I think I feel good about it.:wink_smile: I just hope I can make it thru these two weeks with out letting my-self down by cheeting. I don't think I will and I am determine to get on with it.

I sure do appreciate this forum!

I started at 6'4" and 495 lbs

I am now still 6'4":redface: and 464 lbs

My goal is 275 lbs / Thats still almost 200 more to go. :tt2:

I'm on the bus with you :frown: just keep thinking of where the bus is going!!!!!

Good Luck!

PS if you do cheat :wink_smile: - make it low fat and low cal but try to stick to your Doctor's Orders :tt2:

God Bless, 31 lbs down without the band only preparing for it.... Think of how well you will do with that tool! You have the right mindset and trust me your recovery from the surgery and the ability to keep that ball rolling will be much easier.... You go! You should be very proud of yourself!!! I am proud of you!

Just keep up the " I CAN DO IT MIND FRAME" and im sure you will have great success! Best of luck to you!

Hi JimmyJames,

I am in the same boat as you. I am on my 7th day on the liquid Protein diet. I can understand your situation. I won't be an angel and say that I didn't cheat - I did, but let me tell you. After drinking these drinks and on Saturday night cheating with a plate of lo-mein, I couldn't sleep that night. It felt like a bomb had landed.

I will tell you, drink a lot of Water which helps the hunger. Try not to think about it too.

If you need any support or to talk - give me a shout....we can talk thru email..

Thanks for all the support

I have a appointment with my general Dr. today in an hour for final check-up and then with the hospital for pre-op clearance Tuesday.

Thanks for all the good words.

Jimmy,

I am on my 11th day of Optifast. The 1st 3 days were the hardest and I will admit that I did cheat a little in the first couple of days. No big meals, just 1 bite here and there. I will tell you that by day 11, food doesn't even taste that great anymore. Just keep your eye on the ultimate goal and you will be just fine.

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that I am on that bus too! Once you get past the first three days you'll be fine. I have been on my pre-op diet for a week and a half now and am to the point where I am ok with it now. Losing 10 lbs has helped me keep on track too! Just take it one day at a time and try not to watch the food network all night like I was doing, lol Its just torture!!!

OK I'm half way thru the third day of Optifast and Water.

I saw the Dr. and the nutrion Dr. and all is a go for June 2, 2008 (Blast Off) I have to admit I feel a bit wooozy with no food but not too bad. My performance here at work has fallen off a bit. The nutrition Dr. called me to check on me this morning and told me I could add some chicken broth to my diet once a day. I guess the salt will help me retain fluids. Also sugar free Jello? (dose this sound right to any of you).

Anyway it sounds almost unbelivable but this morning I weighed 455 down from 464 on Sunday.

I am going fishing for the weekend with my family. That will be a test...

First Major Break Down (I'm a Jeark):)

I came home after work and the back door to the house was wide open and I bitched up a storm about a/c ing the outdoors.:eek: Nobody said a word they all just looked at me like I was a freek. I went to my room to change cloths and my 12 yo son came in and told me that mommy made them eat dinner before I came home and she wanted the smell of food to be gone before I came home and thats why the door was open. (I brook down cried for a bit after that one):sleep: I guess its obvious I have some support at home. I just did know.

SF Jello is considered a clear liquid, so that would be right on.

Sorry you had a meltdown. It can be expected at this point though. Hopefully it will get better from here though. I have heard it said that the 3rd day is the worst.

Glad everything went well at the doctor's. The 2nd will be here before you know it!

Only 4 more days to go

I get banded on June 2nd

I did all the pre-op stuff yesterday with no hic-ups yet.

I'm a self payer so they sat me down and made me write the checks. They all came out to about $17K. I'm into my second week of opti-fast and I am doing OK now. Last week sucked:angry:. I can honestly say that I have not cheated on the opti-fast. I feel good about that and the hunger pains have gone away. I have a nasty taste in my mouth so I'm chewing alot of gum. I guess gum is not a good idea after the band. I have dropped about 18 lbs since Sunday the 18th. I'm getting anxious about Monday. Ok moving on

I sure do appreciate this site

That was amazingly supportive of your wife to air out the house so there were no food smells. I'm sure your family is really excited for you so they're willing to overlook the occasional melt down ;-)

Good job on not cheating! It's just a few more days, you can make it!