Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you feel SATISFIED??

:biggrin: Hi everyone!! I have learned so much on this site!!

I have my consultation tommorow and of course...scared!

I need to know this....What does it feel like? ARE you SATISFIED after the 8 or so bites as if you ate a regular meal? Is it a normal "full" feel or do you crave other type foods and just can't have them? Is it ever frustrating because you are still hungry?

Please help before I go tommorow.

My other question is my Dr. charges a 300.00 fee at consutation to cover all the seminars and info stuff that they spend every year on? Is this normal?

Thanks so much!!!

Hi, and welcome.

I haven't been banded yet but hope to be in the next few weeks. From what I'm told by my nutritionist, when one reaches their proper restriction they should be full after eating 2 ounces of food.

One doctor I was considering going to charged $1000 for their consultation fee which included informational materials as well as supplements.

:thumbup: Hi everyone!! I have learned so much on this site!!

I have my consultation tommorow and of course...scared!

I need to know this....What does it feel like? ARE you SATISFIED after the 8 or so bites as if you ate a regular meal? Is it a normal "full" feel or do you crave other type foods and just can't have them? Is it ever frustrating because you are still hungry?

Please help before I go tommorow.

My other question is my Dr. charges a 300.00 fee at consutation to cover all the seminars and info stuff that they spend every year on? Is this normal?

Thanks so much!!!

Hi all, I get banded may 27th, can't wait. So I can only hope that we feel full after a few oz, guess time will tell. I do know it's only a tool and you have to work with it, but hey, any improvement from what has been being achived will be a plus. My surgen charges a 2,500.00 fee that he does not submit claim to the insurance for, however, this covers all your support group classes for life, all you nutrition clasess for life, one year gym membership at the center which has a state of the art gym. And best of all free unlimited fills for the life of your band, which I understand is forever. So when you think of it, that's not a lot of money for what I'm getting. Good luck all.

yes, i feel satisfied after a small amount. more so now then before i was banded. before i ate until i was stuffed, because i never felt full and satisfied until i was stuffed. now i get that full and satisfied feeling but not that horrible uncomfortable stuffed feeling. i love being banded.

The nerve that tells your brain you are full is at the top of your stomach. The pouch formed by the band is at the top of your stomach. So it just takes a small amount of food to trigger that nerve and tell you that you are full.

I feel satisfied when I eat what is a normal meal for a bandster. The feeling is so amazing because I never expected to actually be able to eat so little and be happy about it. I can't say that I never have cravings for things I am not supposed to have, but it isn't very often and I don't feel bad if I indulge occasionally because I can't eat very much of whatever it is.

My doctor has a $900 program fee, so I think you are probably getting a good deal with $300.

Good luck with your appointment!!

I feel satisfied after I eat. If you realise you cant eat more, believe me, you wont feel "hungry" still.

Sometimes though if it was something I was looking forward to or really enjoying, I feel satisfied physically but my head says to keep going, lol. Which is ALWAYS a mistake with a band!

Yes I feel satisfied now.

But it takes about 15-20 mins for the message to get from the stomach to the brain to tell you that you are full. So you have to be careful or you could overfill yourself and end up throwing it up. Eating slowly I think will be the key for me. As yet I have to master that one!

The head hunger is the worst of it. I find that I am still in the habit of picking things out of the pantry when I go in there because that's what I used to do. Or at my desk, even though I eat lunch at 1pm at 3pm I am still looking for something to eat. I have to stop myself every time and 'feel' the fact I am still feeling satisfied.

I am sure once the mind is properly trained, that it will no longer be habit to 'inhabit' the pantry!