Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today I was looking in the mirror and I noticed just how many stretch marks I have...needless to say its A LOT! And they are the red noticable kind, havn't turned white/gold yet. So my question is, after you start losing weight, do they start to go away? Or are they still there loud and clear? I'm really hoping they will start to go away as I start to lose weight. Any and all input/expearence/oppinions would really help me out!

Thanks!

Marine

I was wondering the same thing! I'm also afraid that when I lose weight they'll start to do that weird wrinkle thing some women get... :lol:

I also wonder if they try to cut off the skin with stretch marks if you get a lower body lift! I would LLOOVEEEE that!:biggrin:

I have tons of streach marks also... I began tanning when my weight loss started to show to reward myself and oh my goodness those marks to not tan... the glow WHITE lol If I was under a black light you would see teeth, eye balls and streach marks...I am going to try the Mederma to Thank so much

Unfortunately they wont ever go away, no matter what you put on them. stretch marks are permanent, and they do stay white when you tan. Eventually they go away to a silvery colour, but thin women have plenty of them too. They do remove a lot of them if you have a Tummy Tuck or lower body lift, but not all of them.

It's not just women who have them. Many men have them too! Especially men who lift weights.

You don't necessarily have to be fat to have stretch marks. Many people get them on their hips, thighs and behind during puberty because you are developing your curves and the skin stretching over that area gives you the marks.

Next time you see a man with really muscular arms, look really closely and I bet you'll see stretch marks.

Jena

thanks for all the responses!

I don't really mind having them if they go white because u can't really see them...but when they are all red its really noticeable. do they turn white as you lose weight? or is it a "just over time" thing?

They will "lighten" over time, but will never go away unless the skin is removed. I've also read time and time again that Pure Cocoa Butter helps them. I haven't tried that, but its an age old treatment. You can buy Mederma almost anywhere, Walgreens even has their own generic, I think its called Walderma or something.

They are actually more treatable when they are red- they respond better to treatments like Mederma, cocoa butter, Vitamin E, etc. Once they're white there's not a whole lot you can do to diminish their appearance. Hey, I'd rather have stretch marks than be as big as I am!

Has anyone tried BioOil for stretchmarks and scars. It is a year later and my scars from LB surgery are still a brownish red color and I would really like them to fade out and become less noticeable.

I used KeloCote on mine. I think it helped... I used it for 60 days as recommended, my scars are still brownish, it could just be my pasty white belly though:blush:

Unfortunately they wont ever go away, no matter what you put on them. stretch marks are permanent, and they do stay white when you tan. Eventually they go away to a silvery colour, but thin women have plenty of them too. They do remove a lot of them if you have a Tummy Tuck or lower body lift, but not all of them.

Yep, what Jachut wrote.

The red color goes away when the skin isn't stretched so much but as you lose weight... they wrinkle. Each stretch mark has wrinkles within the stretch mark.

Ask Denise (Mod Denise?). She is in AZ now and yesterday she wanted to see my stomach! HAHAHA!! Bet she never asks that again!! BWAHAHA The look of horror on her face was priceless. She FINALLY understands why I want a tummytuck and why it bothers me so much. It will happen with time.

I have a ton of stretch marks already and I'm still over 400 lbs I think it's just gonna be something I have to live with lol my tummy is covered!! lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches