Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bitching and Moaning and Stomping my feet...Little bit of a Rant.

Irene - It depends upon my mood what I would say. The least I would say is that one of the draws of the bypass is that you get that instant gratification. You also get to deal with malnutrition, suppliments, higher complication/death rates, and dumping syndrome. Then I would educate them on the statistics about the fact that the weight loss between the two are comparible within 2 years. I would also tell her that I wasn't in a race and that I will be enjoying all the foods she can't have and still be loosing weight. I would end all of this by telling her that when her pouch streches and she's regaining all of her weight that your band will still be adjustable and you'll be able to maintain your weight for the rest of your life.:thumbup:

You never know, you may see her getting banded over her bypass in the near future.

Hey girl, I could have written your post myself! As of yesterday morning I've lost 21 pounds since my banding. (7 before banding, so I'm going to be hitting 30 pounds total soon....HOPEFULLY!) It has been frustrating at times but I'm trying so, so hard to be positive. My loss so far averages to about 2 pounds a week which is healthy, blah, blah, blah...somedays I can convince myself I'm satisfied with how well I'm doing but sometimes not. I know that the "not" days make me totally envious of the "I've lost ten pants sizes in three months!" people. If you ever bludgeon someone with a loaf of Italian bread, just pray I'm on your jury. I could never, ever condemn you for it. =)

P.S. I think just joining a gym should cause you to lose fifteen pounds overnight.

hey there Gibson.. I am curious what you have been eating and if you are excersizing?? Im having a frustrated start today as my scale hasnt moved in a week and Im stilll sitting at209.... (232 @surg) as I have said before I really am not following a "diet " however watchingwhat goes in and not eating high caloric foods at all ,,, definitly small portions yet if I eat firm protiens I sometimes have to take a break in between to let it go down ,, I think i have enough restriction for now (7.5ccs in a 10cc band) cause I still get things sort of stuck but am working on chewing and slowing down,, I dont want to get another fill and have stuck issues by being too tight. so Im dealing with the slow loss but as I said not liking it...

kathy, I am not exercising. Baaaad Gibson! However, my calories seem to run between 1500 to 1000 calories a day on good days, around 700 to 800 on bad days. As shocking as this sounds, I have to make myself eat more because I lose better when my calories are up. I make sure I get my 60-70 grams of Protein a day, and watch my Fiber, but other than that, I'm not making the best food choices.

I basically eat anything I want, but very small portions of it. I have made a decision to accept the slow weight loss and be able to eat a little of what I like instead of feel totally deprived and low-carb all the time, or whatever. Unless I hit a KILLER plateau, I will probably keep eating this way. I plan to start exercising in June when school goes out so that should help all around.

I was really, really acting ugly about my slow weight loss for a while but then I realized, "Hey, I can eat baked spaghetti, an occasional Reeses Cup, and ice cream every now and then and STILL lose two pounds a week? Life is good!"

Hey girl, I could have written your post myself! As of yesterday morning I've lost 21 pounds since my banding. (7 before banding, so I'm going to be hitting 30 pounds total soon....HOPEFULLY!) It has been frustrating at times but I'm trying so, so hard to be positive. My loss so far averages to about 2 pounds a week which is healthy, blah, blah, blah...somedays I can convince myself I'm satisfied with how well I'm doing but sometimes not. I know that the "not" days make me totally envious of the "I've lost ten pants sizes in three months!" people. If you ever bludgeon someone with a loaf of Italian bread, just pray I'm on your jury. I could never, ever condemn you for it. =)

P.S. I think just joining a gym should cause you to lose fifteen pounds overnight.

Thanks Gibson. I can always count on you to understand me.

I do go randomly to the gym, I try to make it two times a week. I don't usually. But once a week is better than I was doing before. I swim too. Not laps, just kinda bounce around the pool like a chubby weightless ballarina, and yesterday

I MOWED THE YARD, the whole yard, and didn't even have any minor heart attacks, which honestly the last time I tried that before my surgery I had to take a 1000000 breaks my heart really was pounding and aching in my chest and I had to stop half way through. I think the mower we have now helps, but I also think it's the lack of the 35lb sack I was carrying around before.

I think they want us to be placed somewhere discreetly but just want people to know there is a new social group called "lap band strugglers". I found it difficult to get to but maybe it's just me. I thought they listed all the groups in the front but you have to join to get in there. Anyway I thought it would be nice to have a separate thread with complications but not mechanical so maybe I'll see if that Alex fellow can change it, thanks BrandyII:smile:

I can't find it....! Grr...I'll look again...

I pm'd that Alex fellow and told him I thought that was too hard to find and they should divide lap band complications into two segments, one mechanical and one for struggles.

Anyway hopefully he will.

Right now you have to go to Forum then Lap Band Talk Community Center then Lap band Social Groups and then press where it is underlined Join. I really think it puts the group back into the closet again!!!! Nancy

Hi There Queen,,, I just wanted to comment on chewing issues I think I am having the same issues (wonderng if its not pretty common for us) I know that there are times I eat too fast also. Im thinking that not getting more restriction is ok so #1 we wont have yaking and pb episodes as often which can cause long term issues(slippage etc.) and #2 hopefully learn to chew and slow down. then as we lose more we can get adjusted. yes it may be a slower way to lose but better for our bodies and mind.

Hi Kathy! Yes I am probably really getting better with my chewing! I am also guilty of eating too fast. :( After talking with my doc he suggested that I drink a Protein drink an hour or more before I eat to keep from feeling so hungry when I did get to eat. I have to watch the clock because I try to eat every night at 6 pm. Sometimes it is later and if so I will usually either eat a spoon of Peanut Butter, or drink a Protein Drink, or even eat a 2% stick of cheese. Just a little Protein to keep me from inhaling my food! My DH is so good about trying to make sure I don't go past 6 because of my inhalation problem!:scared2: I hate the yaking and I know now that my decision to hold off on the fill was a good one. I really think I'm pretty close to my sweet spot but I really needed more time to adjust to my previous fill..it had only been 4 weeks! But I'm a research participant and I have to go every month to check my status and see how well or unwell I'm doing! Lucky for me my doc is really way cool and let me wait and then told me I was going fast anyway! Whew! I was glad to hear that! So thank you for your kind words and helping me feel better about just holding back for a little bit and believe me it has helped me adjust without feeling like I was failing myself! Like I told him..my health is my priority! Thanks again Kathy!:biggrin2:

Tara,

Sorry to hear about the floods! So much bad weather seems to be everywhere right now. Here in Cali we are going to deal with 100 degree weather starting today and going thru the next four days, and dry winds too... That spells disaster here in the way of fires.

Also as far as the bad feelings go, that is quite normal for people being restricted with food to go through. We talk alot about it at our group meetings. Don't worry, I'm sure that will pass. It may not for overnight, and maybe not even for awhile - but it will. Just keep plugging away. Besides, you don't have to give up your favorite foods. I don't, and I won't! Just don't do it all the time, and when you are eating it - you'll be eating very slow and small portions.

Keep being who you are, there are so many here who find you endearing and you crack me up! I love it when people are themselves, no matter what anyone else thinks. Vent here anytime - we are all here for you!

peek,

Loved your post! I think that's great you are going to work out more! Come through here more often, it' always room for one more. :scared2:

Queenie,

You know I love you girl! Stop being so hard on yourself, in my opinion you are running right along side the pack. Keep that dream alive and it will happen! :thumbup:

BrandyII,

I never send my ticker backward! I have a "NO BACKWARD" agreement with mine. It only goes forward! By the way, I'm 5'6" as well. I'm pretty comfortable with it, but sometimes I wish I could stretch my body a few extra inches. :thumbup:

Lil Miss:biggrin2:! I know I can count on you to make just the right comment to make my boo boo go away!! Such a sweetheart! I think we sometimes get ourselves into these traps unwittingly! I was struggling with my previous fill and knew I had to decide if I could handle any more and I was feeling really low because I read these posts about these poor girls whose doctors are giving them such a hard time and not filling them to even try to find their sweet spot..etc, etc, etc and all that going through my mind was wacking me out!! Then you and Kathy were so sweet to help me feel like I am doing the right thing and making the right decision for myself! I feel much better this week and I am adjusting to my previous fill better and maybe in 3 weeks I may want a smigeon more..maybe not..we'll see how it goes at that time..I am so glad you posted! Thank you loads!!:(

Holy, Moses, ReadySteady! You didn't get your first fill until April 17? I'd had THREE by then! No wonder you feel like you're falling behind. Actually, you're NOT! You've lost 35 pounds that will never, ever haunt you again, and with only one fill so far, you've done that completely on your own! And CoolCrystal is right when she says that a lot of people are including pre-surgery weight loss in their numbers. I know I am! I lost 5 pounds prior to surgery, but I'm not about to ignore that! It was just as hard fought as the rest of it.

I didn't have really good restriction until my last (4th) fill. I'm now 7.4cc in a 10cc band. Finally, I can eat just a little and go, "I'm full!" My husband is absolutely amazed. He thinks it's the coolest thing ever, and so do I! Be as aggressive as you can be with your fills. Maybe it's your doc that needs to be smacked with a loaf of bread! You didn't go through surgery to do this on your own!

Thanks Kjeter. Yeah, the fills are hard to come by with my Dr. He is always booked up. He seems to schedule them at least 8 weeks apart....it kind of sucks.

When i didn't hit my first mini goal a few days ago I was not so worried about it because after reading the posts here I was encouraged by all the support... but the last week, I have reached an ulitmate level of frustration... I am sooooooooooooooooo hungry all the time...and i am refusing to eat to I am suffering with headaches, shakiness and just plain old weakness.... I know it isnt so far away but on one hand I feel like I am never going to make it. When i look in the mirror, I feel like I am ballooning.... ARGGGGGGG!!!!!

Sorry.. I needed to vent some today

:) I hate to admit.. I am so jealous of you girls who are on ur 2nd, 3rd, 4th fill.... I feel like I am about to lose the battle

You're welcome, ReadySteady. And, by the way, you're absolutely adorable! Whenever I see one of your posts, I drop everything to read it. They are always so entertaining! You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person. I'll bet you have zillions of friends.