Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bitching and Moaning and Stomping my feet...Little bit of a Rant.

Okay! Why haven't I lost 50 lbs? I eat okay, I workout (not all the time, but doens't even joining the gym prove something?) And all these people banded when I was have lost 50 lbs...and they are taller than me, and smaller than me and you can really really tell, but me ME!!!! I have struggled so much with my 35 Damn it!

Not saying I'm not happy for my fellow fitness travelers but DAMN IT!!! DAMN IT!!! DAMN IT!!! I want to be three sizes down. My hips and belly haven't moved one size down it seems, my pants might be looser but the smaller pants still didn't fit when I went shopping.

I know that my band is working, but my body is not freaking coroporating and I'm just DAMN IT!! I want to post pretty pictures of my accomplishments. I want to bask in friends saying WOW you have really lost weight, instead I feel their glances on my body and I want to yell "I've lost 35 lbs I am just really really fat so you can't tell!"

Freaking Freak Freak Freak. I want to be supportive, I want to be happy for you guys. I am I really am. I just wish I was taller. If I was taller it would be more obvious. I wish I was taller and had long legs. I wish I was taller with long legs and a waist you could see. I wish I was taller with long legs, a waist, and those long graceful arms. I mean. Could a girl just at least be 5'5? Please?

AHHHHHHH! I am just so ANGRY! ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY DAMN IT! And to top it off, I have lost restriction, so I called my Dr. to bump up my appointment and they could only get me in 5 days sooner. So I still have almost a month to fight with this.

I am 329 when I started this and just above 5 ft, and I am still kinda young...I was expecting the weight to fall off, just FALL OFF and it instead it's kinda trickling slowly down, with maybe lazy stops along the way.

THe band is working, just I want it to go FASTER FASTER FASTER. Damn it!

Then there is bread. Did you know that bread is freaking everywhere and when I see someone eating bread I want to rip it from their hands and slap them in the face with it because my band doesn't let me have it (thank god) and I am seriously addicted to bread. And I want to yell at everyone eating bread around me.

Then their is my skinny minnie 95 lb workmate who eats EVERYTHING EVERYTHING. Shes sweet supportive and cannot gain weight, which I know is just as tragic as not being able to keep it off, but my dark side that has emerged since I got this band wants to kill her. And I Think she is the sweetest, kindest thing...and I want to strangle her. I'm such a bitch.

O and the salesmen who bring donuts and cakes and Cookies and sausage biscuits and put them by my desk for everyone. If you read about the psycho receptionist who blugened a co-worker to death with a box of donuts that is me. Maybe I will lose weight in jail. I hear they have a great gym, come visit me whenever you can.

I suck.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo
add more bitches and moans

Oh Ready, I love you! You just eloquently said everything I've been feeling lately. I've been stuck at a plateau and even gained 2 pounds and needed a fill really bad but was too stupid to try to move it up. I haven't changed sizes at all. I fit into a couple of shirts that didn't really fit before but even they aren't much different. As far as pants go, I haven't had ones without elastic waists for years so these will be with me for a while. Part of me is glad because I won't have to go thru a bunch of clothes but I'd really, really love to be able to put on a smaller size. Oh, and don't wish for 5'5", that's what I am and it's still too short to really be able to see and feel a difference when I lose.

Why do I want to kill everyone that is thin? It's so not fair that people can eat more than what I'm eating when I'm being bad and they lose like crazy. How can it possibly be fair that if I eat a whole 100 calorie yogurt for Breakfast, it's too much? I don't want to stay away from carbs. I love them too much but it seems to be the only way I can lose.

I have about two hours left until my fill and can't wait. I really want to be back on track and I try so hard. I need that feeling back that I had when I was first banded. That feeling of "dang, it's time to eat again already?, I really am not hungry at all". Instead, now I have the "Give it to me! Jeez, I need those chips and then that ice cream". I feel like Audrey II in Little Shop - Feed me!

I'm right here cheering you on Ready. We'll get through this without the blood loss of our peers.

I too look at the tickers of those banded the same time, and see their weight plummeting. Me? Not so much! I really do want to be supportive, but every so often there comes this urge to slap them -although not with bread!

I work with my band, I do! I have slipped 2 times - admittedly one was a BIG slip but still only twice. I am exercising, I am drinking my Water, I have a (mostly) positive attitude so why doesn't my body cooperate and drop some weight AND inches (hey, if you are going to ask, ask BIG). I'd thankfully take ohhh maybe 15 pounds and 2 dress sizes off by tomorrow please!

So for those for whom the band is working - congrautlations. I really mean it (most of the time).

Can I have some cheese with this w(h)ine???

I think you are right on track girl!

Actually, if you look at all the Febsters, those who have lost over 40 are including weight that they lost pre-band.. I think one or two even are including weight they lost on weight watchers 2-3 months before getting banded... so, don't look at others numbers. Plus, we are all still really learning our bands.. it has only been a few months. Some of us are just getting to restriction and some still have no restriction... it takes time, but honestly, 35 pounds is amazing!! I'm short too.. I have huge arms.. huge legs... big butt... I'm only 5'4".... I was talking with my hubby just yesterday about this... and he said that the amount I've lost is really considered a lot, but to me it's nothing because I can't see it since I have so much more to lose. But if you took somebody who was 180 pounds and they lost 35 pounds.. that would put them to 145... There are people who join Jenny Craig to lose 35 pounds. It really is a decent amount...

Hey Ready,

I hear you...I was just telling a friend of mine the same things over the weekend! I'm only 5'1" and I feel like I cannot tell or see a difference accept for the fact that I'm finally down 1 size. I have lost 27 pound and have struggled to get to that. (See a few of my posts) It will happen for us also.

Okay, let me "weigh" in on this subject.

I'm six feet tall. I carry my weight because of my height. So that means that when I'm really heavy, I don't look as heavy as others. It works both ways though, I've lost 40 pounds and hardly anyone has noticed, or if they have noticed, they haven't commented.

Yes, I have long, graceful arms, but they only allow more room for my burgeoning "bat wings".

Now I have to say, I'm likin my legs, but I have a huge fugly varicose vein that runs all the way from my upper thigh to my calf.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't like being tall, but I just don't want you to think its all rainbows and lollipops up here either.:smile2:

LOL Nikki. It's so true. It's always greener on the other side of the fence. We're all winners, our victories just take different shapes and sizes.

Okay, let me "weigh" in on this subject.

I'm six feet tall. I carry my weight because of my height. So that means that when I'm really heavy, I don't look as heavy as others. It works both ways though, I've lost 40 pounds and hardly anyone has noticed, or if they have noticed, they haven't commented.

Yes, I have long, graceful arms, but they only allow more room for my burgeoning "bat wings".

Now I have to say, I'm likin my legs, but I have a huge fugly varicose vein that runs all the way from my upper thigh to my calf.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't like being tall, but I just don't want you to think its all rainbows and lollipops up here either.:smile2:

I know the grass is greener and what not...

but seriously you should see the foot and a half God alloted me for legs. They look like large, white stuffed sausages kinda like a chubby babies.

I know its like the girl with straight hair always wants curly and vice versa...but tall girls are hot!

LOL - Ready, I know you're in pain and frustrated over it, but at least you're keeping your sense of humor.

They say before you kill, that's the first to go. (Right? Don't they say that??? Put the knife down...I'm just kidding.)

:smile2: Seriously, though. You know my story and even though the weight fell off at first, it slowed down. Who knows? Maybe it will work opposite for you. Maybe it will take your body longer to adjust.

Did you watch Biggest Loser? There was one girl who just lost a little each month, but she eventually did it.

And that's the thing. It's not going as FAST as you like, but it is going.

Can you start small? Set little goals and keep a narrow focus on that?

Like when I want to grow my hair out - hang on, the story gets better, really. My hair is so fricken slow. Unlike my friend who has grown her hair to her butt 4 times in 10 years and cut it to donate it. My hair has never been to my butt - it just stops below my shoulders. Anyway - when I want to grow it, I wear it up a lot. That way, I'm happy with the progress that I can see, when I finally look at it.

Did I just babble, or what? Did I make any sense, I hope?

Seriously ReadySteady,

You're doing awesome!! I know its impossible, but don't try and compare yourself with others. I know its just a waste of typing energy for me to put that on here. I've been exactly where you are right now!!

My doc fussed at me at my 3rd fill, because I was raving about how I had only lost xx pounds. I can say "relax" to you now, because its happened for me, and it will happen for you too. Please try to trust us when we tell ya to be patient, as impossible as that is!

:smile2::lol::tongue2::lol::unsure::lol::lol:RSG. YOU. ARE. AMAZING.:crying::lol::lol::lol::sad::lol::lol:

Hey, not everyone has lost 50. I've too only lost 35 lbs. and you had surgery a few weeks after me.

Vent away sister!

Damn...you are so funny RSG!!:smile2:

And 35 pounds is AWESOME!! I think we've all been in the depths of a wicked plateau and you just want to throw the scale off a cliff. Then, next thing you know...BAM (Emeril Voice) you just drop the pounds. The other thing is you can't use the scale on the only measuring stick. Think of the inches, the clothes sizes, the fact that you're eating SIGNIFICANTLY less portions than before. These are all great victories and you are doing awesome. HOWEVER, we are here to support you so like LilMissBandAid said....VENT AWAY!! You are hilarious!!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you guys. This is my favorite little nook of the LBT forum. I can say things here I don't say anywhere else.

I love my Victorious Valentines.

I too look at the tickers of those banded the same time, and see their weight plummeting. Me? Not so much! I really do want to be supportive, but every so often there comes this urge to slap them -although not with bread!

I work with my band, I do! I have slipped 2 times - admittedly one was a BIG slip but still only twice. I am exercising, I am drinking my Water, I have a (mostly) positive attitude so why doesn't my body cooperate and drop some weight AND inches (hey, if you are going to ask, ask BIG). I'd thankfully take ohhh maybe 15 pounds and 2 dress sizes off by tomorrow please!

So for those for whom the band is working - congrautlations. I really mean it (most of the time).

Can I have some cheese with this w(h)ine???

Heck we could have a wine and cheese party. Cheese has Protein and wine has no carbonation so we can whine and wine all night.