Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little about me. I am 39, will be 40 in July. I have three kids ages 15,17, & 22. I have a wonderful fiance, that will be paying for my surgery. He knows I really want to get this done and although, he isn't too thrilled about it personally, he is excited for me because he knows the struggles I have had over the past 6 yrs we have been together.

I am also a Registered Nurse (Pediatrics), so I need to practice what I preach in the way of promoting health. There are so many children afflicted with obesity and it is hard sometimes (for me anyway) to get on parents about their child or children's diet or activity when I don't practice good health habits myself.

I have not yet been banded, but hope to soon.

This Forum has provided me with a great deal of information. I am glad I found it.:biggrin2:

Oh! You are only an hour from me. I am having my surgery in Temple! Just not real sure when it will be just yet. My friend gave me some hope, she got hers done within 1 month!

Hi! I am from the Waco area and had surgery at Providence on 3-24-08. I am doing pretty good and do not regret my decision at all!

Best of luck to you!

Having My Surgery May 30th. Good Luck To You.

Hi Fellow Texans...I'm in the Dallas area and am being banded by Dr. Benevides on June 19th. Anyone familiar with him?:sad:

Hi am new here haven't been banded but just lurking around for info. I am excited to read all of the good things that are happening for the people here. I have my initial consultation on June 5th. I cannot wait.

Due to unfortunate events, I had to postpone my surgery. Hope to get in the next few weeks. My 40th bday is July 9th and wanted to have done before then.

Sorry Smarquezrn, I know that must've been difficult to hear. I had major abdominal surgery a couple years ago, and I'm scared that I will wake up from surgery and be told they couldn't do it because of scar tissue. After wanting this so much, I can understand how dissapointed you must've been. :angry: Take care.

Hello everyone! I'm lillybreezes74, and I'm a newbie, and that being the case, is the reason for this post! LOL I have been overweight my whole life and was confirmed obese by my doctor last week at my appointment. I thought with the insurence my husband had through his job, I'd be able to have lapband done, but he called them this past monday (June 2) and found out that they do not cover it. So, to say I'm depressed about the situation, would be an understatement. I was told by someone that I should still keep my appointment to see the surgeon ( for the consult) because he might be able to point me in the direction of different payment methods and what not.

I'm orginally from Texas (was born in San Antonio) but was moved to S.Dakota in 1986 and unfortunately (lol) still here. I am the mother of three great children Jesse (:smile: 9, Arianna (g) 6, and Dannye (:lol: 3 [he'll be 4 in July]. I'm going to school to get my degrees in Criminal Justice. I'll be getting my Associates on the 21st. (I'm not even happy about it, even though I know I should be.) I've been married 11.5 yrs to my husband but we've known each other for 16 years.

That's about it for now. I can't wait to meet you all and give and recieve support. God Bless! :angry:

Well my delay wasn't something that was decided by the surgeon, but from myself.

Since I am a self-pay client, the office I was going through was able to schedule me for surgery quickly after my first appointment with their clinic. My surgery consult was supposed to be on May 28th with a surgery date of May 30th.

On May 28th while on my way to meet the surgeon, my fiance's car decides to have some major problems. When we got the car to an auto repair shop we were told it was a good thing we weren't on the highway going 70mph otherwise we could have been involved in a very bad accident, if not killed. That was all I needed to hear to know that it just wasn't my time to be banded.

I am a strong believer in "things happen for a reason", and with all that happened I just couldn't go through with it that week.

My fiance, who is on the fence about me having the LB, felt very bad for me. He knows how much I want this and he knew how much missing my appointment and having to reschedule hurt me. Even though he doesn't think I need to have the LB he says I shouldn't let him or anything else stand in the way otherwise I will end up regretting it and probably in the end blame him for not getting it.

I plan on getting banded in the next couple of weeks when it is better for me. To be honest with you, when I had my first visit and was told the following week I could have surgery, I was excited, but felt rushed at the same time. I tried to work my busy schedule around to make it happen and I think by this delay, I received the message that this is too important to just SQUEEZE in. I need to take time, not only to make the right decision, which I have already made, but to allow time for the entire healing process. Later this month would be a better time for me since it will be easier to take off of work and the first two weeks in July I have already planned to take off anyway.

I guess good things really do come to those who wait. (but not too long, LOL)