Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Guillermo Alvarez

I have moved up my surgery date to July but I Still want to make sure I have the best Doc. Have any one used Dr. Guillermo Alverez and descirbe your experience......:welldoneclap:

I have moved up my surgery date to July but I Still want to make sure I have the best Doc. Have any one used Dr. Guillermo Alverez and descirbe your experience......:welldoneclap:

Hello, I was banded by Dr. A on Friday, May 9 and I only wish there were doctors in the US as great as him. He took the time to sit down and explain to you exactly what he was doing and why, he gave you the option to choose which kind of band you wanted him to use (Inamed or J&J). He actually even carried my bag to our hospital room! The hospital he works at looks old, like maybe a hospital from the 1970's or something but the nurses were very nice, and if you needed something you didn't have to wait on them for a long to get it for you. After the surgery his assistant came and checked on me and then Dr. A and his assistant came back later than evening and checked on me! He gave me the box that my band came in and gave me pain med, some Protein tabs, and some antibiotic to take for the first three days post op. I cannot say enough good things about him. If you choose to use him you will definitely be happy with him. He doesn't act like he is above you, he's just a normal person just like you are. I could go on and on about him. He had just banded his mother 2 days before me so that told me he completely trusted the materials he was working with.

:Banane53: Lisa

Hi, I just got banded yesterday May 15 by Dr Alvarez and Dr Rosalez. They are both kind, professional doctors. The whole staff is very nice and dedicated to your comfort. My parents ended up going to the hospital and when Dr Alvarez found out, he had me put in larger room and went to talk them before my surgery. I am a Registered Nurse and was recommended by another nurse, who had the band placed a while back. My mom , also an RN was really impressed by the whole experience. When you get there, you go to his office and talk to the doctors and they answer all the questions you may have. Then you are taken to your room by a nurse, then to the lab and xray. Once back in the room the nurse starts an IV and the anesthesiologist comes to introduce himself, and then he gave me something that made me sleepy, Next thing I remember is being taken to the OR and Dr Alvarez asking me what music i want on, and then next thing I knew I was back in my room. The doctors came back and checked on me several times that day and the next. I really had a great experience. There is no real pain, just soreness. The hospital is old but not bad at all. Hope this helps you. Good luck :-)

Adriana

Can you tell me about your post-op experience with him? How do the fills work? Does he visit certain cities in Texas and/or is he readily available if a complication should occur? I am in San Antonio, TX. Pls. let me know.

He does not come into TX but I can tell you that his office is a 2 hour drive from San Antonio which isnt bad at all! He actually just posted a video on youtube of me getting a fill last week if you want to watch it

YouTube - Lap-Band Adjustment

It will show you how it all is done. Hope this helps!

Oh my goodness, why isn't he using sterile technique?? He's cleaning your stomach with his bare hand? Touching the needle with his hand?

What am I missing here???

My experience with him was a very positive one. I would recommend him to you. He took time to explain exactly what he was doing. When I went there were 4 of us that were getting the procedure and he and his assistant actually carried our bags to our room. He has a van that comes to Eagle Pass and picks you up and then when you are released from the hospital, the van takes you back to Eagle Pass. He takes time to sit down and answer any questions you may have and doesn't rush you through your questions.

If you go to Youtube.com and look up his name it will show him doing the procedure. I have a scar about an inch long about 3 or 4 inches above my bellybutton and 3 very small, almost non-visible scars. One on each side of my stomach and one right below my breastbone. The inch long scar is visible.

I believe you will be happy with him. Very nice and professional yet he isn't all full of himself like alot of doctors are.

Good luck. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.