Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Month Anniversary Check In

Can't believe it's only been a month! It seems so much longer. According to my dietitian, I've lost 13.7% of my body fat since right before surgery. While the past 2 weeks were very tough with no loss...gain actually...and return of hunger, now I've had my first fill and am back on track.

I was pretty nervous about having a fill - worried it would hurt. (I'm a wimp when it comes to needles!) It was great! Surgeon was very gentle about numbing it up with a tiny needle, and it was over before I knew it.

Feels great to be restricted again and not have that constant hunger and be thinking "what can I eat that will make the hunger go away and not totally ruin my diet?"!

Happy anniversary to all the other April Avengers!

My 1 month isn't until 5/14/08 however I am very excited to share that I am down 18 lbs since surgery with a total weight loss of 25 lbs. I feel so good! I have noticed that the last week my weight has somewhat plateaued. Is anyone else experiencing this?? I hope it doesn't stay this way! I am doin really good, and not eating alot sooo it better change!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Hi Danielle! Sometimes your weight will plateau when your changing the type of food you eat, such as going from mushies to soft Protein, or soft Protein to protein. Another reason you plateau can be your not getting enough protein. Hope this helps. It is also not unusual to not lose for a week and then lose more. Have you checked your measurements? Sometimes you can stop losing but your body is trying to keep up with the weight loss and you may habe lost inches.

Good luck with this journey! We are in this together!

Today's my one month anniversary! I've lost 33 pounds. I've also been able to cut my insulin back to about 1/3 of what I had been taking and am off of one of my diabetes meds. I bought new pants that are 2 sizes smaller than my pre-op pants and shirts that are 1 size smaller. I'm really excited!

33 pounds! Wow, that's GREAT! Isn't it fun to loose? I too am taking 1/2 of one diabetes pill where I would have taken one full one twice a day, and my sugars are <100! I love it! I'm down to 1/2 a BP pill too.

But the most fun NSV for me is that I bought a pair of jeans that actually look like jeans, instead of the old lady stretch no-zipper ones! Sure, they are still plus size, but hey, I haven't worn something that resembles a ACTUAL jean in 25 years! Yippe!

What I'm finding is that I FORGET to zip up my zipper - haven't had zipper pants for so long...only pull up stretch ones...! This is new territory for me! ;-)

My one month anniversary was April 11th. still on full liquids, getting so hungry. Doctor maked us wait until 6 six weeks for solids foods. Down 24 lbs. I'm happy with that but, I'm getting hungry!!!!

Colleen

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ALL! 4/17 is my date and this weight issue is still heavy on my shoulders. Down 18 pounds--whoo--hoo, but scale is going up and down:( Will get fill in a week, but I am dieting just to keep off these pounds. Is it just me or is this happening to others? Also Ive been very hungry same as befor band---this normal?

patches:)

Hey All - My one month anniversary was April 8th as well. I was 265lbs. at surgery and am 241 today. So that's a total of 24 lbs. for you non-math doers out there! I had gotten to 250 and totally stopped losing for about 11 days. I was on liquids then and as soon as I went to soft foods the weight started coming off again. Oh and btw - I am starving!! I have not really experienced much restriction and I have found that I can eat pretty much what I want. However, eating slowly has helped me to keep my portions in check. I am a teacher and I get so hungry that my stomach growls loudly and my second graders ask me what that strange noise is. :thumbup: I thought this was normal but come to find out maybe it's not. My doctor won't do fills until 8 WEEKS!! So, I have another three weeks to wait for my first fill. I have been watching my Protein intake to make sure I'm getting enough to keep me full but it doesn't seem to be working. Thanks for being here to listen and keep supporting me. It's nice to know others are in the same boat!

Today is my one month anniversary. I was 415 on March 3rd, 389 on my day of surgery (4/14) and 357 this morning! So a total of 57 lbs since 3/3 and 32lbs since surgery. Needless to say I am very pleased. :thumbup:

I was banded on 4/4 as of today I'm down 32 pounds. I had my first fill on May 12. I have been able to eat anything I want....which isn't a good thing. I do get full a lot faster and I'm not hungry....that's a good thing. I get another fill on June 30....or my doctor will do it in 3 weeks from May 12 if need be. I eat small portions but could eat more......everyone keep up the good work.

It's been a month already!! I've lost 18.5 pounds and 6.5 inches! I have a ton of energy and feel great. I've had one fill. While it was definitely not the easy way out like some people suggest, it's been great and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Hi Carol, Carol and Ami (fellow 4/08 surgery date). Congrats to EVERYONE on your success! No matter the number it is great to be going DOWN! I'm down 25 pounds since surgery, with 10 from pre-op for a 35 pound total. Like many others I went through a week+ long stall at 3 weeks, then lost sseveral pounds. I've heard repeatedly that stalls are just the way of things and the best way to get through them is to mix things up a bit (increase or decrease calories, add or decrease exercise, depending on what you are currently doing). But, they are NORMAL and to be expected. I go on and off the hungry thing. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. When I am hungry I'm careful to portion out my food and eat only the recommended amount. I also find I do WAY better if I don't eat starch (no rice or pasta) and if I limit the amount of sugar I eat. I can't do fats to any degree nor fried food, so that helps. Good to hear from everyone and keep up the great work!

Well I have reached my one month mark. I have lost 12 pounds so far :biggrin2: and I am very happy in my choice to have this surgery. :thumbdown: I get my 1st fill on May 30th. I can't wait to see how next month goes!:smile:

I am SOOO late on this by my 1st month was May 14th and I lost a total of 26 lbs and counting..CONGRATULATIONS to everyone and there success!!

Hi everyone,

My one month anniversary was 5/4 and I've lost a total of 34.5 pounds including the weight lost during the preop diet. I also have the realize band and have not had to have a fill yet. I still feel great restriction. I'm now working out at the gym (cardio and weights) and I feel great. Also, my BMI is finally under 50! Yay! That was one of my first little mini goals and I've done it! Life is good! Congratulations on everyone's weight loss and NSV's.

Kim