Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 5 years and back to my original weight. A year ago I was so frustrated that I had my band unfilled. Over the last week I noticed my band was giving me pain after eating items I normally had no problems with. Usually this pain would start 2-3 hrs after eating. It has gone from 2hrs to 1 hr to 15' to immediate pain. It would be different foods not all items I ate, but now I am on liquids only for the last week. I am sure my band has slipped but am hoping it will take care of itself if I stay on liquids and soft foods for as long as needed. I am not to happy with my Doctor and I have different insurance now that does not cover any obesity procedures. i am still paying for the last test over a year ago so that is why I have not gone into my doctor. Has anyone else been through something similar with their band?

I'm so sorry you're running into problems. Did you get down to goal and then start having the issues that resulted in getting unfilled? Do you think you got too tight?

I hope if it is slipped that the liquids will take care of it. That does work for some!

Hi,

I'm too new to lap banding to have run into problems such as yours, however since you mentioned not liking your doctor, you should be sure to get to another. Have you been doing all it takes to make this work? Do you eat small meals,chew, chew, chew, drink tons of Water and exercise? If your lap band slipped you want to get that fixed. Plus you shouldn't be going through all you have gone through without seeking professional help. You can get on the forum and ask if anybody knows of another lapband doctor in your area who will be willing to do an xray to look at your band and then to refill it if all is well and take other action if not. I know I am going for my first fill in Florida soon and the total cost with xray will only be $305.00. Without xray the doctor charges $75.00. However, in your case you need an xray.

Best of luck,

Keep us posted.

Helen:lol:

Edited by fatcat78
typos

I am in Toledo,Oh. Went to Owesis and Duckett. Know of any Doctors close by that handle this?

Thanks,

Chris

Since you are now having medical complicatons due to the band, your insurance should cover this. I am sure you looked into this, but I would push the issue.

I had my band done under one insurance and then two months later my employer changed insurance. The new insurance does not cover any of my follow up's or fills, but because I am having complications it does cover that as long as all my PCP is the one doing the referals and requesting the testing.

No, I don't live anymore near you. What I did was go on the internet and look up weight loss surgery and then refined the search. I am sure you will find a doctor - only thing you should do extra is find out if they have a web site, look at all the particulars about the doctor - how long, how many etc. and then call the office - the office I called couldn't have been nicer and were prompt in returning my call which of course, gave them some bonus points from me.

Good luck,

Helen