Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have their port below the bikini line?

If so, do you like it there?

Has it caused any problems with exercise etc?

I have never heard of it below the bikini line. I just can't picture where it would go. I think that it has to be done in the upper torso area so that it can get sutured into muscle (but I'm just speaking outta my head I don't really know for sure). If it were done in the bikini area after you lost weight it would probably be very uncomfortable if you wanted to have intercorse.

I never heard of that, but it is not something that i would ever ever want. Can you imagine having to go for your fills and needing to drop your pants! No thanks. It dosen't seem possible for it to go there, no room and it might effect your sex life IMHO.

Uhh, I'm thinking the only "fleshy"area below the bikini line is... the Mons!! oh man, Don't you dare put my port there! Imagine where they might try to fill it from!! Wait for it... Internal ports!! (not just intramuscular!) That would be about as much fun to have filled as your anual exam! no thank you, I'll take the abdominal wall over "my little sister" anyday!

If it were done in the bikini area after you lost weight it would probably be very uncomfortable if you wanted to have intercorse.

We have discussed this & are willing to give up one position in order to not have a knob sticking out from under my ribs.

Love:

I have my port just below my ribs, near the middle of my body. I have lost 125 pounds already and other than a scar nobody would be able to tell my port is under there. My upper abdomen is getting to be pretty flat now and my port isn't going to show unless I lose enough to look like a skeleton - not happening!

Best wishes.

Sue

Uhh, I'm thinking the only "fleshy"area below the bikini line is... the Mons!! oh man, Don't you dare put my port there! Imagine where they might try to fill it from!! Wait for it... Internal ports!! (not just intramuscular!) That would be about as much fun to have filled as your anual exam! no thank you, I'll take the abdominal wall over "my little sister" anyday!

I can't imagine wanting to see a lump under a more fitted top (more fitted than I would think of wearing now). Wouldn't that be hard to explain?

I wear lower rise jeans (I can't stand having anything around my waist) & most of my belly is below my belly button. I think it would be less visible hidden in my jeans, just below my belt. :thumbup:

Love you can ask for a low profile port and no one will be ablet to tell and you probally won't be able to tell either. Besides I don't think any Dr. in their right mind would agree to put the port below the bikini line. They just don't do it that way. Trust me get a low profle port and you will be fine.

Ok so you are not really referring to below the bikini area you are referring to below you waist line. Am I understanding you correctly? If so you could probably go as low as 1-2 inches below your belly button but it would probably be cutting it close. And in my opinion it wouldn't be very comfortable. Low rise jeans would be sitting right on the area and it would probably be pushing on it an make it sore. If you are really that concerned about a patruding port you could always get a low profile port. But, I don't think they can do it if you have a huge amount of weight to loose because it would get lost in the fat and be very hard to get a fill. Some people who have it in the normal area just above the waistline and belly button have trouble getting fills due to too much fat being in the way, and they don't even have a low profile port. Personally, I'd much rather have a small bump that could pass as an ab muscle if I get that skinny, than being fat for the rest of my life.

Has your doctor actually offferd to do this? You can not see my port at all, and if in the future is does show up I have an easy fix, the port can be converted to low profile. I asked my surgon about this preop. She said most ppl don't need low profile but if for some reason once i lose my weight she can change it out.

I don't think any Dr. in their right mind would agree to put the port below the bikini line.

I was told my doctor doesn't think it would be a problem.

His co-ordinator (or whatever she is called) suggested it, & I then had her confirm it with him.

That sounds horrific!! Pardon the vulgarity but I'd rather have a bump in my belly where it can be easily hidden than on my snatch!! Can you imagine how that would look in a bathing suit?

That sounds horrific!! Pardon the vulgarity but I'd rather have a bump in my belly where it can be easily hidden than on my snatch!! Can you imagine how that would look in a bathing suit?

Wow! Not sure what you are visualizing. :party:

Just below the belt...not waaay below (so the belt won't put pressure on it), off to one side...that is very much my belly.

My belt runs across the fattest part of my belly,

I deffinately agree with Pearlygirl!!!! My hubby is skinny with no padding in his pubic area, could you just imagine how uncomfortable it would feel. I don't think I'd want his pubic bones or hip bones bumping against it. Maybe we are just not understanding exactly where the port would actually be. I mean I don't have a bikini line in the first place, I got an apron, so I might just not know the area to which Love is referring to. I personally still don't think it would be comfortable anywhere down in my snatch area!!!

Ok, Love that deffinately clears it up! If you like wearing low rise jeans, just remember the waist of those jeans will probably be sitting right smack dab on your port. I wear low rise jeans and the waistband pushes at my port sometimes and makes it sore (that is when I sit down and my muffin top which contains my port rolls over the waist band). My port is 2 inches to the left of my belly button and about an inch above it.