Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Surgery Check-In

I was banded on the 15th. I am very sore on the left side. Near the portacath site. My neck hurts from all the improper getting out of bed. I have been taking the Lortab elixir around the clock but the gas-x strips seem to be helping. I have that heaviness/fullness feeling in my chest after eating a few bits of sugar free Jello or broth. I hope this improves.

I just started the gas x strips and I am feeling some relief. My pain at the port side did decrease a bit today so that leaves me hopeful. I also had hernia repair at my belly button and that hurts every time I try to get up! Talking to my friend who had surgery 2 weeks ago and she said it all goes away eventually. Did the doc give you pain meds?

Jessica - I am so so sorry to hear that you didn't get banded. Keep your chin up and things will work out for you!

I am glad to hear all of you post bandits are doing well. It gives me comfort to know as I will be going soon.

Keep your hopes up. I know we all feel pain at different levels, but I am a whimp of sorts and it really isn't bad at all.

Kristey just wanted to tell you how I love all the pictures you added to your signature....very funny and uplifting. How's your post op doing?

Thanks!!! I try to be funny once in a while. Post-op is going VERY well. I almost feel like a million bucks today. (It's the incisions healing and itching that are driving me INSANE.)

I hopped on the scale this morning and I am down 5.8 lbs from surgery day already. YAY!!!

I Had My Surgery On Wednesday May 14th And The Gas In My Left Shoulder Is Killing Me! I Have To Go Back To Work Tomorrow And Am Curious To See How Well The Tummy Thunder Goes Over! Lol! Sounds Like A Bowling Alley Inside! I Am A Lil Sore And Thats About It. I Have A Question Though I Keep Getting These Odd Throat/chest Pains...anybody Else Have These And If So What The Heck Causes It?

Hahaha Kristey K, when you get tattoos, you may know if you have some, they have that horrible itching when they start to heal, and since you can't scratch them the place I went to recommends that you slap them since you can't itch them, the first tattoo I got goes from the middle of my back down to my butt cheeck, hehehe, when it started to heal, and itch, I started to walking around all day, slapping my butt... lol. It was really an interesting sight. I'm glad everything besides that pesky itching is going well! I would say slap it, but I'm sure that would be really painful!!

Hey Terri,

Realized you're almost there. Good luck for Thursday! We're waiting for you to come back on the boards!

Gwenn

I haven't been on this thread but it's great to see everyone doing so well.

I was banded on April 30 so I think of myself as April and May - I have more in common with a lot of the early May folks.

Right now I'm moving from liquids to soft solids and I'm having a lot of discomfort. Not just full, but like it's stuck halfway down. Anyone have that experience? A couple of belches helped, but still a bit uncomfortable. Is this common when one starts to add food?

I read on one of the posts about using hot tea to ease some food issues. Do you think that would work for me?

Thanks-Gwenn

hey guys,

i was banded this morning, i'm doing ok so far. I'm pretty sore on my port right now, but i have been keeping up on my pain meds every 2 1/2 hours. i've had some chicken broth, and later i had some cream of broccoli Soup as well as a little bit of juice, and a LOT of Water. I'm not in a huge amount of pain, mostly just sore and uncomforatble. The worst parts is the gas. i don't have any sholder pain, but it mostly feels like i have really bad indegestion. the gas isn't moving though me that fast i don't think. omg i still can't believe i'm banded!!! hope everyone else that went today (and is going tomorrow) did/do great!!

Hey everyone - just thought I'd check in. I am doing a little better, still really sore near the port site and a l ittle nauseous and gassy. This time it's the burping though. It's like I have to burp and it's stuck but it won't come up. Having some black cherry Jello for Breakfast with apple juice. I will try a bit of protien shake later today, even though I tried to have pureed chicken noodle Soup for dinner and could only take 2 spoonfuls before I felt like I was going to explode! LOL!

OK - off to take my Lortab elixer and do my breathing... hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats to all you new bandits!

CATERPILLARFLY -- My advice is don't give up. Seek a 2nd opinion. Just because one doctor doesn't believe it is possible doesn't mean another will feel the same way. It may just be more than he is willing to deal with -- some get in the mindset that these should be easy and if they hit a challenge then they say it can't be done. I just wouldn't take -1- no for an answer. I'm praying for you girl! :wink2:

hey lexi i'm having the same thing too with the burping...its like i need to burp but its stuck. its actually kind of painfull. i'm hoping this will get better soon. the gas is really uncomfortable, and today my port site is really sore. (day 2)

Hey everyone - just thought I'd check in. I am doing a little better, still really sore near the port site and a l ittle nauseous and gassy. This time it's the burping though. It's like I have to burp and it's stuck but it won't come up. Having some black cherry Jello for Breakfast with apple juice. I will try a bit of protien shake later today, even though I tried to have pureed chicken noodle Soup for dinner and could only take 2 spoonfuls before I felt like I was going to explode! LOL!

OK - off to take my Lortab elixer and do my breathing... hope everyone is doing well!

caterpillarly i totally agree with southern missy! shes right about the doctor thing, just because one guy won't do it, doesn't mean another won't! keep looking around, don't give up hope!! I'm thinking of you, and hope a solution comes your way speedily!

Congrats to all you new bandits!

CATERPILLARFLY -- My advice is don't give up. Seek a 2nd opinion. Just because one doctor doesn't believe it is possible doesn't mean another will feel the same way. It may just be more than he is willing to deal with -- some get in the mindset that these should be easy and if they hit a challenge then they say it can't be done. I just wouldn't take -1- no for an answer. I'm praying for you girl! :)

Hi all - glad to hear everyone is doing well! Go in tomorrow, getting the usual bout of nerves and the "I must be crazy!!!", but looking in the mirror and taking my blood pressure pills in the morning reminds me of the reason for this. It is great to hear all of your stories. Can't wait for the burping! Now I will have a real reason to burp!

Jessica - I agree - make sure you get a second opinion!

1 more day!!!

Terri :confused_smile: