Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dark spots on my face OT

Hi everyone,

Ok this is what is going on and I have no clue what to put on it.

On my left cheek (my face) is a dark spot that seems to be making it's way down my face. I don't know what you call them but since I am light skined it really shows.. I have tried a mexican Salve but it did not work so any suggestions would surely be appriciated.

YOu need to see a Dermatologist. It maybe that it is a sun spot & can be lightened with some bleaching cream which is only by subscription. Example-Tri-Luma very expensive if you don't have coverage. The other reason to see a professional is that there are many types of Moles & they can spread & darken & or thicken with time. I don't mean to alarm you - I am sure yours is nothing but just to make sure you need a professional. Age spots are also VERY common for anyone over 30 yrs. They are harmless & sometimes won't fade But can easily be covered w/make-up.

Let us know- There are cheaper bleaching creams on the market but all of them take months to take effect. So don't get discouraged. It will be gone in no time:0)

Mary, I agree - you need to at least call your PCP! Face rashes can mean lots of things... some facial rashes mean nothing - but some mean a VERY big something!

I just re-read your post, and this isnt a rash, its a dark spot... yep! Id call a MD and get their opinion. Please let us know!

Thanks When I go in to see my PCP I will have her look at it see what she thinks.

The girls here say it's a age spot so I will wait and see.

Just got off the phone with my mom. Here is what she says

The medication that I have been taking will do it. (make dark spots)

To fix it I must take a dirty urine diaper and wipe it on my face. Humm

or else yes try the beaching stuff in the store or the Derm Doc will give me something.

She believe in the old Mexican herb ways. Wait till tonight when I ask the MIL

To fix it I must take a dirty urine diaper and wipe it on my face. Humm

Try anything once...want me to mail you a couple of those wet urine diapers? I'll make sure there's no poop, but there may be some leftover Butt cream on it.

LOL!

Thanks Kathy your to Generous I'm sure the cream would come in handy for something else.

I still have a little one in diapers so maybe I can come to try it.. Ha Ha

Ok so you know what I mean Paula when she comes up with something like that.

I don't know still thinking about trying it..

Hi Paula,

Seems to be ok for now not getting darker not lighting up that much either.

Have not tried the wet diaper as of yet but am off the medications for the H Pylori so hopefully it is what caused it.. Still using the cream I bought last week and just applying it day & night It is working for my uneven skin tone I seem to be blotchy in someplaces.

Thanks for asking -- any ideas??

no ideas from here! :)

Did the dark spot appear after you started the meds for H Pylori?

I had just a spot under my eye socket that I noticed that was dark or and just thought it was (Panio) I think that is age spots in english.. It's those spots some women get when they are pregnant.. Seems while on the medication it slowly got darker then Like Harry Potters mark on his forehead slowly started going down ward.

Not kidding - Anyway I love to sit out in the sun and I guess with certain medications you are to stay out of the sun. Go figure I did not know