Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is it you WANT?

I've tried to think about this whole process and make sure that I DO think about it and think it through.

What I'd like to know is what do you WANT out of this process?

I want to be able to get up in the morning and put ANYTHING on...and NOT have to pull, stretch and triple check in the mirror before walking out of the bedroom...

that's it....:thumbup:

I think this is a GREAT idea for a thread and I'd also like to know what other people want. Clothes are a big incentive for me, too. Also all the physical things, which goes hand in hand with working out for me. I want to be able to carry in the heaviest grocery bags and do gardening chores without putting my back out or getting out of breath or just tired and out of breath. I want to be strong when I'm older so I am not so limited in life. There are a lot of older people at my gym and they are so inspiring to me!

Guest BikiniBeachy

I want to be able to get out of the bathtub easily, cause I read books in there all the time.

I'd like to be able to see the side of my face defined and not have a huge double chin that makes me non-photogenic.

I'd like to stop talking to my emotional-abusive ex an when I see an attractive guy in a public place, not have the first thought be, "Don't look at him, you would never have a chance."

I'd like to not have my back and knees ache, and be woken up by contracting heartburn pain. I'd like to not have to stand outside my class that is at the top of the stairs and wait until I can catch my breath so the other healthy college kids can't see how winded I am from just one flight of stairs.

I would like to not have the seatbelt dig into my right side when I sit in my car.

I want to wear jeans again!

and lastly...

I WANT to wear a bikini, and be PROUD of what my mother 'gave' me.

Bless you all...can't wait to hear your dreams.

I want to be around to be able to experience being elderly and walking down the street holding hands with my husband. You know those cute old couples you see? Yeah that's what I want!! The band has given me the gift of living long enough to make that possible.

Hey Rubyjade, Not to get off the subject, but you were banded Jan 2004, I am new to this lap band thing and I see my surgeon 4-30-08. did you have any problems from 2004 to present????? You have a great deal to be happy about 140 pounds (WOW). Why did it take so long to lose????? I have heard a lot of good and bad things about this surgery.... Alot of people have said that they are not losing for whatever reason. I know all cases are different...Please help, since you have been with this lap band a long time...Thanks Gigi

I want to be able to live a healthy life for a very long time. I am so tired of sitting on the sidelines while other get to have all the fun.

I want to buy something to wear and not have to think that I could look better, but I don't. I would like to buy something that would be form fitting and that form would not be round and would instead be nice to look at. :sleep:

I want to be able to live long enough to be a problem to my children and grandchildren because they could not keep up with me!! :tongue2:

My secret desire would be that I would like to have a man look at me and then and the man I am with, and be envious because I belong to another. That would make everything that I have suffered so far worth it. Just for one time and I would be happy forever. Silly, I know but we are all allowed to dream!

Nancy :w00t:

I want my health back, I want happiness, I want to feel a sense of accomplishment.....I am one to start something but never finish it! I see the band as a tool to make my dreams come true. I know I have to do the work, but it is going to make it a little easier for me! I want to wear a sleeveless shirt and tuck my shirt in! It is the small things that are going to mean the most to me!

I love that. What a wonderful goal. I want to be active throughout my life. Right now I would be happy to be able to tie my shoes without passing out, climb stairs without huffing and puffing, be able to go on long hikes with my husband without pooping out, to be able to dance without my knees and back killing me. To feel healthy and happy and good about myself. Yeah!!! Becky

I want to get my diabetes under control. I want to look good in my clothes and not be mistaken for a pregnant woman (nothing against pregnant women but my pregnant days are over). I want this shield of weight to be gone because I have better inner tools now to deal with life on life's terms. I want my outside body to match my inside person :w00t:

You know what my favorite outfit would be if I could wear anything? Faded 501 jeans with a white Tshirt tucked in with a cute little belt. Just to be able to tuck in again would be heaven! LOL Becky

hi everyone - i love all of your answers. i want out of the "2's" after swearing i would never get that heavy. i don't want my kids to think it is okay to be as overweight as i am. i want my kids to know how to eat properly. i want to want my husband to see me full monty and i want to believe him when he says he thinks i am beautiful. i want to chase my kids in the yard. i want to buy clothes at banana republic. i want to wear my husbands 501's. i want to wear a bathing suit - with out a t-shirt or shorts or sarong! mostly i just want to make sure i live to experience all those things we daydream about! thanks so much for sharing and letting me share!

I want to go bike riding with my kids, jump on their trampoline--even just go for a walk with them, lay with my husband on the couch, Not wear layers all the damn time, look forward to summer, have some energy back, feel good about how I look, I want my face back, I want to not dread having my picture taken, I want to not worry about embarrassing my kids someday--I wanna be that hot mom at the soccer games!!lol