Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EXTREME tightness after long exercise session?

hi guys...

well i did it, i walked/ran 9 miles today (just to see if i could do it in preparation for the Minnie Marathon in 2 weeks)... i had a relatively OK pace... 16:03 minute mile overall - fastest mile was about 14ish... i need to push harder, but that's another matter... :thumbup:

so i did 9.1x miles come home and am STARVING ... like about to gnaw off DH's arm while the Water was boiling. fixed some Pasta for lunch (i've never had a problem with pasta before) made an effort to eat slowly and chew the crap out of my food ... after 3-4 bites or so i was done...

it's been stuck ever since (going on 5 hours)... i've PB'd til my throat hurts and i still feel 'stuck', yet im soo hungry... (burned almost 1700 calories during my walk/run and ate 1/2 a bar - 100ish cals - for b'fast)...

i'll be on liquids for the rest of the night due to my PB, and i'll take mushies tomorrow.

i guess im just typing to type :lol:... anyone else have this happen? thoughts?

girlie! you have pushed your body too far and it is screaming back at you!!

I am proud of you for exercising, but don't do it so much your body wants to mutanty on you!!! :rolleyes:

congrats on the 9+ miles!

my dr suggested i carry some raw almonds / nuts with me at all times to pop in to curb the "want" to shovel food in, especially after a workout.

the only times i've gotten "stuck" have been after a workout, and i couldn't get my lunch in fast enough.

good luck w/the marathon.

girlie! you have pushed your body too far and it is screaming back at you!!

I am proud of you for exercising, but don't do it so much your body wants to mutanty on you!!! :thumbup:

i gotta though... the Minnie Marathon is 2 weeks from today :thumbup::eek::eek::eek: and i am bound and determined to get a medal ... and you have to finish and not get swept (15 min/mile pace)...

i am doing race for the cure next saturday and am thinking about doing another 9 miles (that hopefully my iPod will register - grrrrrrr) Sunday, but not sure if i'll be able to.

today was a perfect day for it. great weather (mid-70s) but a little windy.

im not sure what my mileage looks like this week. :rolleyes:

congrats on the 9+ miles!

my dr suggested i carry some raw almonds / nuts with me at all times to pop in to curb the "want" to shovel food in, especially after a workout.

the only times i've gotten "stuck" have been after a workout, and i couldn't get my lunch in fast enough.

good luck w/the marathon.

i purposely ate slowly though ... so who knows???

i had a bar with me, but wasnt anywhere near hungry (or thirsty for that matter - didnt drink anything until i got home)...

i was looking for something to carry around and munch on during the Minnie, almonds sounds like a good option - thanks! :rolleyes:

Wow, that's a long way so soon after major surgery, you're one determined lady!

When I did the 14.4 kms the other week (about 10 miles) I couldnt eat for an entire day. I had to do liquids. I cannot eat after a very intense session, which is why I try to time my sessions for the afternoon when I tend to get that mindless I just wanna eat something feeling.

hmmm... i do have a new fave drink from 'bux... iced chai latte with no ice ... soooo yummie.

milk has carbs and non fat is well, non fat... :rolleyes:

wonder if DH wants to do a 'bux run???

I have always felt tighter after working out, even 30 minutes at Curves. I have asked other people and they thought I was crazy, but I know it is true! I did a good hour of cardio today and tried to eat Pasta too.... no go!

Yeah, seriously. If you cant enjoy a Mars Bar after running 14km, when CAN you? :rolleyes:

Dont worry, I kept it all very sensible after that. Actually I nearly passed out at Flinders St Station when the sugar hit my bloodstream, lol.

normally I dont run far/hard enough to be completely unable to eat, I just have to wait an hour or two before I do. I dont really get scientific about after workout fuel, I just wait till I want to eat again.

i gotta though... the Minnie Marathon is 2 weeks from today :biggrin::eek::smile::eek: and i am bound and determined to get a medal ... and you have to finish and not get swept (15 min/mile pace)...

i am doing race for the cure next saturday and am thinking about doing another 9 miles (that hopefully my iPod will register - grrrrrrr) Sunday, but not sure if i'll be able to.

today was a perfect day for it. great weather (mid-70s) but a little windy.

im not sure what my mileage looks like this week. ;)

Keep up the fantastic work baby! Just don't push yourself until you fall over, we all need you! Hugs!

After 4 miles on the elliptical (about an hour) I can FEEL the Water going down. So I just drink slow. as for food I usually wait for about 2 hours after working out to eat anything. If I am dying of hunger I will have a Protein shake. I figure it is healthy. has some carbs from the milk and has Protein to heal anything I may of hurt. And it eases the hunger.

Good luck with the mini.