Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

very blown up abdomen from gas.

Try moving around. Unfortunately there's nothing much you can take that will make much difference, it's largely a waiting game. Perhaps call your surgeon and see if they have any advice. Some people have found relief with heating pads.

The Gas-X is a misnomer, for surgical gas. I hate seeing people spend the $ on it when it's just not designed, nor going to, do anything in the body cavity. From the Gas-X website:

Gas is made in the stomach and intestines when your body breaks down food into energy [...]

Taking over the counter remedies like Gas-X is an effective way to reduce the pressure, bloating, and discomfort of gas. Other ways to help reduce your gas are by changing your diet and reducing the amount of air swallowed.

Gas-X doesn't work outside of your intestinal tract, which is where the gas from surgery is. E.g. you wouldn't take an antacid to help with a burning sensation in your shoulder.

has anyone had good luck with something to help me. i look like i am 9 month preg. very uncomfortable.

A little more info from you would be more helpful. Were you just banded? If so, how many days ago? I know I was extremely uncomfortable the first 3-4 days post-op. They say the best remedy was walking around but sometimes it was just too painful, walking does work tho, if you can stand to do it.

i had gas pains for the first week. some of the gas was in the body cavity, but some was in the stomach and intestines, too. the gas from the body cavity works its way into your intestines to leave the body. and i had lots of probs burping or farting for that first week. the gas x helped sometimes. the walking didn't help any. for the most part, i just had to take pain meds for the gas and go to sleep. that was the only thing that i WAS taking the meds for.

I hear ya about the gas pains! I was banded Monday... and here I am on Friday and still bloated up like a pregnant woman! It's definitely getting better though... (And I did have a 5-hr flight on Tuesday and then worked the next two days, so I haven't really been able to take it that easy.)

I'd have to say that in my experience the gas-x has done little or nothing, but walking and moving the sore belly around a bit as well as sleeping with a pillow against my belly seems to help.

I hope both our gas pains find a way out! :)

gasx strips doesn't help me w/regular gas - i haven't been banded yet (monday yay!) but i was going out shopping today to be prepared for next week and possibly look for something to help

has anyone had good luck with something to help me. i look like i am 9 month preg. very uncomfortable.

I'm having the same problem as I was just banded Wed 4/16 later in the evening. I thought I was going to absolutely die yesterday as even breathing was difficult. On top of the gas I had really bad nausea so although the pain meds helped the gas it made my nausea worse. I was way too weak to walk and felt so dizzy so I just tried to sleep it off as best I could. I found a position on my right side with a pillow under my belly that helped. I am much better today, day 3, still some gas and nausea but I can now talk on the phone, walk around and even get down a little Soup. Tums XStrength seemed to help my bloating and I took two at a time up to 8 a day as you're allowed.

Edited by Deb2GetFit69

gas is the issue more than pain.... I think the doc got most of the admoniable gas out... but still gas in the stomach and intest....

sorry to say, get used to the gas. I expell (i'm so polite) all the time. its the vegies and Soups etc, and it becomes part of life. Try walking this will help as well. heating pad also really helped me. if it gets really bad, talk with your dr.

good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches