Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Get Rid of Stinky Gas!

Did you try Nullo? Did it work for you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you try Nullo? Did it work for you?

• I tried Nullo and it works great.
    • I use something else that works for me (please specify).
    • I tried Nullo but it didn't work for me.
    • I don't have a gas problem (lucky me).

Well, I haven't gotten rid of the gas, just the stink.

Let's face it, Lap-Band = Gas and it is often very foul smelling. Gas X has helped with the worst of the gas but it did nothing for the smell. So I went looking for some help in that area, and I found it! I found this stuff called Nullo that has been around for a hundred years or something and has been marketed mostly for hunters to eliminate body odors that scare away the prey. But their website also said it was helpful with gas, smelly feet, stinky sweat, etc. so I gave it a try.

My husband is a chemist so I talked to him about all the things I found before I bought anything and he said that this was good because it is known to eliminate body odors from the inside and it is harmless because it is just chlorophyll.

The directions say to take on tablet twice a day but I just take one to cut the cost and because I don't remember to take things more than once a day (and it is a very small pill, yeah). The one pill works very well for me, I still have a good bit of gas but I don't smell like something died inside of me!

I don't mean to sound like an advertisement here but I believe in sharing the gold when I find the pot at the end of the rainbow. This stuff is worth more than gold to me. I teach at a local college and I can't stand in front of a class and smell up the room, not to mention social situations. Anyway, here is the website, and I hope it works as well for you (if you try it) as it has for me!

Nullo

They cost $26.95 for 135 tablets, write back if you try them and let me know what you think.

Stop and smell the roses, don't let them smell you! :)

Laura

Quit swallowing air and the problem goes away. ;o)

Yeah well, if I could hold my breath long enough to eat I would. Actually, if I would just shut up and eat it would help too, but that's not likely to happen either. :tongue: It's funny, I used to tell my ex that the one thing that bothered me the most about him was that constant breathing, IN AND OUT, IN AND OUT! If he would just stop that he would have been OK. :)

I'll check out the thread, thanks.

Laura

One of my favorite games is "fart in the crowded room and see who makes the worst face"

Okay maybe not my favorite but I have played it before to tick my husband off.

I feel for you but I don't get it. I've been banded nearly 3 years and have never noticed any gas problems. Infact this is the first I've ever heard of any problems with gas associated with the band other than the occasional thread where people are dealing with the gases from the laproscopic surgery itself.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but hopefully whatever is causing your excess gas resolves itself over time.

I haven't had any gas problems since banding. I burp a lot (due to swallowing lots of air!), but the gas isn't any different than it was. Maybe figure out what foods trigger gas for you? :/

I also have not had any gas problems as you have described.

I have had a lot of gas problems and I have learned that I have IBS and I am super sensitive to artificial sweeteners. My oh my! I was so swollen that I couldn't even hold in my stomach. Since learning that I can't tolerate any form of artificial sweeteners I have only drank Water and my problems have gone away.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem ,my gas is terrible since my surgery in Dec. 07. Thank God I work in a factory where it is very loud, mine are not so much the smell just the noise lmao. Thought I would share that with all :-)

The BEST product on the market is Devrom. My husband started using it about two years ago BEST thing for our marriage. I was seriously not able to even go in the room at night because my eyes would water!!! Now as long as he takes it morning and night we have no problem

He still has the gas just no smell. These were developed for colostomy patients so that the bag would not have the strong smell. I forget the ingredient but my husband is a chemist and says its safe. Also it helps that he likes the taste.