Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice Needed Regarding Lap Band

Hey there, im new to the site and im actually happy to join to take advice needed from people who are thinking about undergoing the surgery or people who already have a lap band inside of them.

Im 22 years old turning 23 soon, and im 240.3 pounds on 6.10 feet tall, i am overweight and i dont like the shape of my body to be honest, ive always been fluffy and fat all of my life, and as i grew up and saved the money to go and do the surgery im a little bit hesitant at the moment.

Im excited cause i know that after several months il be good looking and that il be happy, and more self confident but i dont know if i should at this age or not.

Im a Lawyer currently unemployed tho cause i resigned 2 months ago, but i am pretty sure that once i get back on track and get employed again there wont be that much time for exercising, joging and the like.

What would u do if u were at my age and overweight??

P.s: i had my surgery schedualed on the 20th this month but i postponed it, till i take the final decision.

You didn't really mean it when you said you are 6'10" and 240 lb, did you? Because that is not really overweight.

I have been banded for only 3 weeks, but knew in late December that I was going to do it and started eating smarter and healthier. For me, this was a wonderful decision and I am very glad I did it. However, I am much older than you and even now am still way more overweight than you are. On one hand, if I had been able to have this surgery when I was your age, it would have been a Godsend and saved me an extreme amount of hard times, emotional, physically, etc. On the other hand, if you are not totally commited to using this band as a tool, and to making wise choices and exercising, a total change in your life, then I would not spend the money now. Maybe in a few years, you will be at a better place in your life, career wise, and emotionally. It is the total package you need to look at-financial and emotional and physical-if you are not totally commited to doing this, it will not work for you. Maybe it is just not your time-I had to be 46 and weigh well over 300 pounds before it was the right time for me in all aspects. I wish you well in your life, and whatever decision you make-take your time and make it for you and for you only, not to make someone else happy.

I'm just beginning the process too, GOOD LUCK! All of the insurance hoops are daunting, but we have plenty of evidence that it can be done. Wow, how did you get your JD at 22? My daughter graduated from college at 22 and is now a 1L in Chicago. She won't graduate with her JD until she's 25. You must be one of the original Whiz Kids!

You didn't really mean it when you said you are 6'10" and 240 lb, did you? Because that is not really overweight.

according to the enormous amount of dietry doctors ive visited i am over weight, and i dont use pounds and feet for my measures, i live in a country where there is no place for such stuff hehe

im 109 kilgrams and my height is 186 cms

my ideal weight should be 86, and ofcourse i do want to go below weight and grow back muscular. thats why i believe in the lap band