Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on Monday and can't stop looking at my incisions. I suppose I should have asked my surgeon this question, but where is my port? I have one big incision a couple of inches under my left boob. It's the biggest and the one that hurts the most so I assumed it was the port. But, it's dangerously close to my bra line. Then I have four small cuts. One is on my left side, the place where I thought the port would be. I don't know? Please help me out.;)

I haven't had it done yet (April 21st), but just came back from meeting with my dr. for the last time b4 surgery and he said, the port is placed on the left side by the rib cage so perhaps that's just the incision - if that's the biggest incision, then your port is there under layers of fat, etc.

Banded on Monday and can't stop looking at my incisions. I suppose I should have asked my surgeon this question, but where is my port? I have one big incision a couple of inches under my left boob. It's the biggest and the one that hurts the most so I assumed it was the port. But, it's dangerously close to my bra line. Then I have four small cuts. One is on my left side, the place where I thought the port would be. I don't know? Please help me out.;)

Typically, the largest incision and the one that stays sore the longest is where the port is. That's my experience but when you go in for follow up be sure and ask the surgeon. Mine happens to be on the right side but a lot of people have it on the left side. Hope this helps a little bit

I asked my surgeon pre-op to put my port alower on my belly. Its the longest of my insisions. I didnt want it rubbing on my undergarments when it was healing. I tend to wear my pants and panties higher.

My port is actually about an inch below the incision line and my incision line is about an inch below my braline. Make sense??

your port is just under the big scar i am only 7 weeks in had 1 fill:cool2:

Yes, that is where your port is - on the left side. I got banded on Monday also.

Yes, that is where your port is - on the left side. I got banded on Monday also.

how are you feeling:redface:

Largest/most painful incision will be the port 99.999% of the time. The extra soreness comes from stitching it in. They don't do the same disruption at the other sites, hence not as much pain.

My port incision is about an inch and a half below my bra line, on the right side of my body, just slightly off center. The port itself is a bit lower and farther to the right.

Hi My surgery was 4/2 and since I have been sleeping on my tummy since 4/5 I can tell you exactly where your port is. Where ever your longest incision is is the port. Mine is lower but I have a small incision right below my bust line. Try a cotton sports bra that should help at least until you are healed. Good luck

Hi.. I was banded on 4/2/08. I have 1 small incision on the left but I have a long incision below my bra-line that still hurts (sore). I am assuming that where my port is. I have a low-profile port.