Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I'm from Metro Detroit!

So far i have been to the seminar met Dr. Hawasli and he awesome staff, had the most amusing time at the psych evaul. I mean how many questions about hearing voices was this guy going to ask me!!!! ahaha!!

Oh and I have got the OK from my Primary Physician.

So now all I have left is to meet the diectician and submit the paperwork to BCBS and I will be on my way.

I am scared and excited all at the same time. Most of all i keep thinking, wow this time next year my life will have done a 360 I'm sure!

I haven't told many i am doing this. I reluctantly told my mother who has spent her days since we talked trying to talk me out of it.

Told my best gal pal and asked her to keep it a super secret and I found out she blabbed to basically the entire staff where she works and some other friends of mine. I was very upset and it sort of put my friendship with her in perspective.

The other who know only 3 have been SUPER!! the best cheerleaders a chick could have!!

I have been over weight since grade school but never really big till the past few years due to life and all its wonderous stress.

Anywho! I'm happy to have found this forum and I hope to meet some local people to talk to and make a life long change for me and only me!!!

XOXOX

Barbie:wub:

Hi Detroitdame,

I am in Temperance. I am meeting with Dr. Taylor (ABMI- Harper Hospital) on Thursday. I am just beginning this process (again). I too will be submitting to BCBS so we should definitely talk and compare notes!!

Melissa:rolleyes2:

Hi Detroitdame,

I am an Eastsider and am getting my band on April 30th.

My psych evaul never asked me about 'voices in my head' (and they were so looking forward to talking to him:lol:). But he did love to tell me about the 'shirt made of skin' I would be wearing once I lost weight. Such a kind man (not)!

I am having my surgery done at St. John hospital with Dr. Katz.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Keep us posted on your approval and date :frown:

Hi and welcome, Barbie! We are glad you found us and decided to join. This is an awesome place for advice and support. Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to getting to know you.

I'm from St Clair Shores. I'm going with Dr. Hawasli at St.John main hospital off Moross. He and his staff are awesome. The psych was weird first it was a 567 question test like meap test sorta deal color in the circle for abc but there must have been over 100 different types of questions about hearing voices and thinking the voices are out to get me and stuff. I actually found it pretty funny. Then I had a one on one with the doc who gave me the creeps. But whatev. now all I have left is seeing the dietician and submitting it all to the insurance company. you know hurry up and wait type stuff.

Hi, Barbie! Sounds like you are well on your way to getting your band. Good luck to you! You have found an awesome place for information and support.

Hi Barbie! I'm also new to all this. I'm getting my paperwork together and see my PCP on Friday for him to do his paperwork.

I also have been very hesitant about talking to anyone about my decision. My husband is very supportative, and went to the seminar with me. I have two friends/co-workers I told, but other than that I've not said anything. I don't want co-workers talking about me (a bit of pride issue there) and I don't want any negative discussion about my decision. I don't want to have to defend myself.

Good luck to you in the process. I'm sure we'll run across each other

here.

I'm in Nashville.

Molly