Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Month-Long Last Supper, anyone?

UUUGGHH! What is with me eating any and everything I want to? This "Last Supper Syndrome" is NO joke! As soon as I got the approval and date, something inside of me just clicked. It's like I am trying t eat anything I can get my hands on, like I am running out of time! I have to try and remind myself that I have indulged way too long - which is why I am getting the Lap Band now, tipping the scale at almost 300 lbs! :sad:

Hopefully this post can be motivation for us all to NOT go overboard with the eating and focus more on what's to come. Once we are banded we will still NEED to watch what we are putting into our mouths. It's not a magic wand to stop us from eating and magically get skinny. The cravings and temptations will still be there, we have to be STRONG.

So...after the week long binge on carbs and sweets, I will start to get back on track. I will eat more veggies and Protein and drink nothing but Water. No more regular cokes and sugary juices. No more cheesecake, pie and ice cream. No more subs and french fries. :tt1:

My face is so bloated and even chubbier than it used to be with all this bingeing. It is time to STOP!

OK - who's with me?:frown:

Edited by beautiful brown

Hi my sister, I did the very same thing. Mine was a two week long "last supper" where I went to all my favorite restaurants and ate all the good home cooked stuff I could. I feel terrible and am so thankful that tomorrow I begin my 10 day liquid diet. We can do this and recognition that the will to change is necessary is the first step. I am in CT and anytime you need a buddy I am here. Good luck 5/19 my surgery is 4/22 and I am scared but looking forward to starting the next chapter of my life as a healthy woman.

Hello -

I completely understand. Seriously, I didn't think anyone else understood. It's like the monster was llet out of the box!! My "D-Day" is 4/20 as I have to do a 3 week liquid diet before my surgery on 5/13 and I have been eating like food is going to stop being made. I am afraid that I will not be able to stop. Eating out, making my favorite foods. I have to slow down...

:tt1:

I hear you all!!! I went back on my no flour no sugar diet and was successful for 1 whole week. I lost 6 pounds that week but have prolly gained 10 back. I am lucky that my preop is actually just a low carb diet for 2 weeks. Lots of veggies, fresh fruits, and a 6-8 oz serving of a quaility protien source for every meal. In theory that doesn't sound bad. My dad seems to think I am his social eating buddy and I haven't told him about the major changes to come. He always wants to go to all the best(worst for you) eating places like Charlie's (an Amish buffet with WAAAAYYYY good home cooking) or Chuck Wagon BBQ with all you can eat burnt ends, Chinese buffet, or Golden Corral buffet. Do you see the pattern here? I am thinking the words BUFFET or all you can eat should be considered taboo and very bad words.

aaaaaaaaak!!!:sad: i thought i had this under control last month. i said 'okay,start eating better so the transition into bandland won't be so bad.' so what happened? i was doing good, IMO. i was slowly starting to ease myself off of all that junk that caused me to be fat. but guess what? all it took was ONE bad meal, and crap...its hard to get back on track!!! and yes, we are running out of time.:tt1:

:frown:

I hear ya! I don't know whether it's because AF is on the way or I am just trying to get all of the binging in beforehand, but I am eating like crazy!

I TOTALLY understand! The second I got my surgery date I started eating EVERYTHING. I was getting my food from a drive thru daily and the guy at the Dairy Queen literally KNEW me!

After gaining 6 pounds in 3 weeks I knew I REALLY had to get myself under control. I'm going to a wedding a few days before my surgery, and I don't want to go feeling bloated and huge. My pre-op diet doesn't start for a few weeks, but I've started doing Medifast just to get myself in control. Two whole days and I've managed to stick to it.

We all deserve to enjoy the things we love and won't eat for a while, but we don't want to go crazy!

Good luck keeping it in control before your big day!

My date is May 31st, and I have been eating like there is no tomorrow. I was at 238, but I am afraid I will be over 250 by the time my day gets here. And the worst part about this is I am miserable. My feet are swollen from drinking cokes, and my size 20s are getting tight. I wish I could have my surgery sooner--I am going to Mexico--but I won't have the money until mid-May...I have even thought about getting a credit card to pay for the surgery now, and pay it off when my money gets here. I am completely debt free (anyone hear of Dave Ramsey) and can't believe I am even considering this, lol. :lol:

Haha ohh man I know what you're all saying. At first I really didn't think I was changing my eating habits that much, but I've started realizing that ever since this all started, I haven't been "watching" what I eat. I used to monitor what I puting into my mouth, not too crazy or anything cause I was still fat, but to the point where my weight was fairly stable. Then since I started researching all this I've been eating more and more, like my body knows whats coming and needs to "bulk up" some more hahahaha. Since October I've gained about 12 pounds!!!! I can't believe that, since my weight had been at about 209-212 all through highschool. As terrible as it sounds, I think we should all pig out a little while we still can, hehehe...

It's comforting to know I am not the only one with this hilarious syndrome. Did'n't go too crazy so far today. But I did make a 2 scoop (butter pecan) sundae with graham crakers and caramel sauce.

A part of me wants to just say to heck with it and pig out like there's no tomorrow, and the other part of me (about 20% hehe) wants to eat right and in smaller portions to prepare for the band. BUT then, you know what, that's why I am getting the band in the first place. I CAN'T do the right thing when it comes to food. I've been trying all of my adult life. :regular_smile: As crazy as it sounds, I can't wait to go on the liquid diet.

:::frown::: Thanks for letting me share. Let's use this for all food-related, bingeful, last supper-ish posts. :biggrin:

It's comforting to know I am not the only one with this hilarious syndrome. Did'n't go too crazy so far today. But I did make a 2 scoop (butter pecan) sundae with graham crakers and caramel sauce.

A part of me wants to just say to heck with it and pig out like there's no tomorrow, and the other part of me (about 20% hehe) wants to eat right and in smaller portions to prepare for the band. BUT then, you know what, that's why I am getting the band in the first place. I CAN'T do the right thing when it comes to food. I've been trying all of my adult life. :regular_smile: As crazy as it sounds, I can't wait to go on the liquid diet.

:::eek::: Thanks for letting me share. Let's use this for all food-related, bingeful, last supper-ish posts. :frown:

Haha like, 5 minutes ago I made Pasta and melted real butter and poured it all over the Pasta. Before that I had a chocolate eclair ice cream bar and I just finished another one a minute ago.... Tonight I'm going to dinner at my nanas house and will probably eat a lot there. Its just getting more and more out of control!!! I have to go on liquids 10 days before surgery and then 2 weeks after. I have no idea how I am going to be able to handle not having anything but liquids after all this :biggrin: glad to we all have to go through this!

Allison

:huh2:wow i thought i was losing my mind! me to!!!! i have been eating everything and sent feb 27 the day of my 1st appoint i have gain 10lbs!!!!!!! OMG........:blush:i feel so bad this is the highest i have ever been! my sur date is may1st so i am on the count down! :thumbs_up:today i will do better (GOD PLEASE HELP US):lol:

Don't hate me. I've been dieting for 4 weeks and have 4 weeks to go before my band date. I've lost 20 pounds, so it can be done!

I do admit, the weekend right after I got my date I pigged out. Spaghetti (my weakness) and lots of it. Icecream, a whole carton by myself. A whole box of Girl Scout Cookies in one sitting. there was more, I'm sure but I don't want to think about it now.

I finally DID start that diet on that Monday. (How many times have we promised that on Monday...)

No weaning myself off anything. I totally went cold turkey.

1 Slim-fast Optima shake in the morning

1 Lean Cuisine for lunch

1 Lean cuisine for dinner

sugar free popsicles

sugar free fudgesicles

Sugar free Jell-o

Sugar free Jell-o pudding

I weighed 323.5 when I started, 4 1/2 weeks later I weigh 303.

It wasn't easy. The first 3 days were killer, but I made it.

All of you can make it too! Just be strong as you can and after the first couple of days it starts to get easier.

Good luck to all!

i actually did start my diet this passed monday (even though doc doesn't require one) after my brother took my before pictures. eeek, i didn't know my back side looked that bad!! lol. so since this monday, i've been doing the slim fast for Breakfast,lunch,and smart ones for dinner. Snacks are either sf Jello or pudding, carrots,100cal reeses (if i must have some candy) and 100cal cookies<--can't give those up yet. of course lots of Water. it was hard the first days, i got/had a three day headache. but i'm okay now. the real test will come this weekend.:redface:

...oh and...IM HAVING TROUBLE STARTING WITH THE EXERCISING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! (darn it) i can't kick start my routine!!!!!!!!!