Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else being banded week of 4/7

I was banded April 7th. 1 week today! Yeah! I have lost 11 pounds. I thought it would have been more. I've been drinking plenty of gatorade to help with the dehydration and drinking a good amount of broth which is loaded with sodium. Gartorade is high in sugar and both gatorade and the broth is high in sodium which retains fluids. I plan to drink more Water this week to hopefully have a greater weight loss this week. Could be just wishfull thinking....

Dee

Dee - 11 pounds in one week is AWESOME!!! You should be so proud of yourself!

One suggestion on the sodium. You can buy it in those cartons that are basically the same thing with WAY less sodium. It costs a tiny bit more, but would probably be worth it. I was looking yesterday for broths to make my Medifast Soups with, and realized that with Walmart's brand (Great Value) of beef broth, the labels look just alike and would make you think they are the same thing. However, the one in the can had 940mg of sodium for one cup, and the carton one had 180mg for one cup. Unbelievable! Also, the carton one had like 5 less calories and .5g less fat. Go figure.

I just thought you might want to try that if the sodium is causing Water retention. Good luck on your second week, and again, put your chin up and be proud of those 11 pounds gone forever!

Lisa

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 12 pounds since my surgery (on 4/7)!! I was very excited..Congrats on your weight loss DEE! It is such an amazing feeling to know that I will never be back at that weight again! This is just the beginning for all of us April bandsters! It makes the slight little pains that I get worth it when I can step on that scale and know that I am making my body healthier each and every day.

One thing that I have started on is the Healthy Choice Soups, only I am not eating the meat and vegetables, just the broth. I did try a noodle and it stayed down, with no tightening or pressure feeling. But I dont want to push my luck.

Thank so Much! I am surely going to get out today to buy some. My dietician said that I could try to eat "cream" Soups also. I will check out what Healthy Choice selections are. Congrats to you too on your weight loss...

Dee

Edited by davisd

I am so jealous of you folks. I finally lost two pounds since my surgery on the 8th. It has been discouraging and the pain yesterday was horrible.

Isn't weird that I am discouraged by a 10 pound weight loss in two weeks? Normally, I would have been so happy; but was hoping for more...

Wow 12 lbs n a week, I was banded on the 8th amd i have only lost 1 lb, and I am not even eating 800 cal. a day....so go figure, I guess it is due to swelling and retention of Water. It is frustrating not to see the scales move...but they will soon enough when I heal good...Cindy

CinniMae,

This probably doesn't make you feel any better, but you are in the exact same situation I am in. I finally dropped the two pounds when I was so miserable yesterday that I only consumed 300 calories. All these people keep posting these amazing weight loss numbers, and here I sit.

Are you uncomfortable at all?

Danibryt-No I'm not uncomfortable, just a little sore I actually feel really good today, thank god, cause I'm going back to work tomorrow(I am a hairdresser, so I cant sit much only when doing nails) How are you feeling? I think the swelling is actually starting to go down cause i can fit in my jeans and not be miserable....

Today has been the best day so far for me. I am not as sore and the heartburn that I have been experiencing has decreased in intensity but today i felt like there was a brick on on my chest, right below my breast bone. It didnt hurt, it just felt like pressure on my stomach. But it did go away after a few hours.

All I had today was gatorade, ensure, Water, and some chicken Soup broth. I feel that I can drink more, just a week after surgery. :)

Hi All

I went out yesterday and bought some Campbell's Soup at Hand Soups. (Creamy chicken, Tomato an Tomato Bisque). Very Yummy and Filling! Can only eat just above half of the container at a time.

How is everyone doing with their Protein? I'm having a hard time getting it all in each day.

Dee

Banded 4/7, lost 11 pounds so far but I find I am getting less full from the small portions. anyone else getting hungry one week out? The doctor at the hospital said I should try to get 70 - 90 grams of protein... I don't see how this is posible on these small portions? Unless my entire day is Protein Shakes at 30g each...

I am having a hard time with Protein as well. I drink one ensure a day (started that yesterday) and the Soup that I have has a little Protein as well. I am mainly focused on not getting dehydrated, so I am trying to drink as much water/gatorade as possible.

I have heard but not looked at personally, that the Atkins protein shakes are fairly good. But like I said I have not tried them, but I will soon and will let you all know, if you want to know.

Banded 4/7, lost 11 pounds so far but I find I am getting less full from the small portions. anyone else getting hungry one week out? The doctor at the hospital said I should try to get 70 - 90 grams of Protein... I don't see how this is posible on these small portions? Unless my entire day is Protein shakes at 30g each...

I am hungry as well but it does not take much for me to get full. I started on cottage cheese over the past weekend.

Beastbron--How much are you eating at each time?

I am feeling a thousand times better today!!! The pain is finally starting to leave, and I am hopeful that the swelling starts to go down soon too.

As far as getting my Protein in, I followed the advice of a lapband posterer on one of these sites. We are fans of a liquid Protein by Body Choice. Each three ounce serving has 20 grams of Protein, no fat, and 80 calories. It works well when you are having difficulty getting other stuff down. The flavor isn't really bad, but I like to mix it with another juice or something else to take it. costco sometimes carries it, but I find it easier to order from their website (no shipping cost).

https://bodychoicenutrition.net/index.htm